PDA

View Full Version : 1998 camaro for sale

Tackett
02-28-2005, 08:18 PM
1998 camaro Z28/SS
-auto,leather,power,tilt,power seat,ls1
-70,000 miles
-motor rebuilt at 58,635 miles(cost me $3,500 still have reciept)
-tranny rebuilt at 66,064 miles (cost me $1,000 still have reciept)
-ram air II hood
-sport wing spoiler
-17" eagle polished alum rims
-ravin exhaust w/stainless tips
-slp air lid
-billet grille w/69 grille insert
-headlight covers

the only probs that there is: ac needs recharged couple chips and scratches in paint.(BLACKS THE WORST COLOR ON SCRATCHES)

i will take $10,500

Bush0102
02-28-2005, 08:56 PM
that's about $2100 over blue book value in your zip code

DeerNuts
02-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but wouldnt all the stuff he listed after the tranny rebuild add at least 1000 or so to to the value? Dunno, just wondering. I dont think the bluebook takes all that stuff into account.
You also cant blame him for going a little higher anyway, thats just good common sense after all.

Just wondering, why did the tranny and motor have to be rebuilt after so few miles:confused:

Bush0102
02-28-2005, 09:18 PM
just like in quads, aftermarket stuff doesnt really add to the value of a car unless its extreme, cutting edge, or unique. I'd say his aftermarket stuff probably adds 1000 bucks to the BB value, but that still leaves him 1100 over...

good point though

02-28-2005, 09:21 PM
thats his ASKING price..how do you know someone won't offer him $9,000 and thats what he realy wanted...the person offering it thinks there getting a good deal and he gets what he actually wanted..everyones happy...do you plan on buying the car? doubt it :rolleyes:

RideRed250ex
02-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Don't get me wrong because obviously we havn't seen pics of it or heard a condition. But you did put fair in there as condition with the after market stuff and the money he's put in to this I am sure that it is in at least "good" condition if not excellent. That would def add some money to the bb on top of the 1000 for the aftermarkets and rebuilt tranny & Motor.

I do have a question...why did it have to be rebuilt? The whole car only has 70,000 thats not many.

Bush0102
02-28-2005, 09:33 PM
read the description of "fair" condition...it fits his car except the rust

crday98
02-28-2005, 10:18 PM
there is nothing impressive on his list of mods. the slp air lid and exhaust might add about 6 to 8 hp on the dyno if even and cost next to nothing. as far as the motor and tranny being rebuilt, this tells me that he either beat the livin piss out of it and/or never maintained it and that is why they both needed a rebuild. i drove my 02 WS6 like i stole it every day and never ran into a single problem at 30,000 mi. even with quite a few passes on a 150 shot. i also started and belong to an f-body club that now has 150 + members who mostly have 4th gen ls1s and never heard of such a problem and 75% of the cars are heads / cam cars that are pushing some crazy numbers on stock bottom ends. as for the tranny,50% of those who have automatics are running anywhere from a 3200 to 3500 stall converter and only one has had a problem but he was running a "yank" 3500 stall converter,heads,cam,"grot" headers,slp loudmouth,mti lid,slp maf,nos 5177 kit plus a few other mods and it took 55,000 miles of hard driving and over 300 passes down the track and about 200 on the street both on a 125 shot before the tranny started to slip. :ermm:
i don't think the motor and tranny being rebuild adds value to the car, i feel it brings it down. if you run a carfax report on the vin, this will tell you any of the problems this car has had for a reason.
sorry, but i would stay away from this one.

Tackett
03-01-2005, 07:41 AM
first off ur using the wrong place to get a book value.Go to any dealer and ask if they use Kelleys Blue Book. Almost every deal will tell u they use NADA. I have close to 15,000 invested in the car. It really dont make since that u think my price is high when we juss sold a 99 z28 last summer for 11k. I do have pics of the car but for some reason it took forever and wouldnt load onto here. The reason the motor was rebuilt is because the oil sending unit went out and caused it to leak oil and it was never a notice to me until the motor juss locked up one day. but it was all rebuilt by a professional. like i said cost me 3500 thats a third of the book price as in ur view. If u have such a big prob with my price then go to another forum and keep ur useless thoughts to urself. I would love to see what you drive anyways.

Tackett
03-01-2005, 07:56 AM
here it is.

Tackett
03-01-2005, 08:01 AM
heres another

Tackett
03-01-2005, 08:05 AM
forgot to include that i just replaced:
Front and Rear Brakes
Front and Rear tires
car also includes 12 disc changer

Bush0102
03-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Tackett
If u have such a big prob with my price then go to another forum and keep ur useless thoughts to urselfI would love to see what you drive anyways.

not a car that needed a new transmission and motor at 70K.

if you didnt want my comments, you should have put it in the classified forums, not in the off topic open forum. And how about you go to another forum, last time i checked this was atvriders.com, not idriveacamarothereforeimabadass.com

oh yeah, here's your NADA price if the blue book wasnt good enough for you

crday98
03-01-2005, 08:32 AM
tackett,
1.this is an atv site. you aren't going to get good results trying to sell your car here.
2. you have a classifieds ad posted in the open forum. we actually have a section of the site dedicated to selling things and that's where this thread belongs.
3. you should try posting a thread in the "cars for sale" section of www.ls1.com , www.ls2.com , www.ls1tech.com , www.ls1tech.net ,www.camaroz28.com etc. but i really don't think you are going to get positive results on your asking price.:ermm:
4. i recently went vehicle shopping in my area and stopped at 5 different dealers to get a "trade in" value for my 2002 jeep liberty. i printed out both the NADA and KBB quotes of what my vehicle was worth and not one dealer went by the NADA guide which comes out almost $1,000 higher than KBB. they all went by the lowest KBB value even though my jeep was flawless,had over $1000 of dealer installed factory goodies and had very low mileage.
5. you say if we don't like your price than go to another forum? like i said earlier, you are in the wrong damn forum and if you're not happy because we are being honest, then i think you are the one who needs to leave and go elsewhere.
good luck selling your car;)
btw, this is what i drove for the last few years until some dumb ***** took me out at the track:mad:

Tackett
03-01-2005, 08:47 AM
heres the real book value so that u wont cry.

Average Trade-In Average Retail
Base Price

$7,325 $9,125

Mileage

70,000 miles $850
$850

Options

Leather Seats $200 $225
Power Seat (Std. V8 Conv.) $75 $100

TOTAL PRICE $8,450
$10,300

BadAss03
03-01-2005, 09:45 AM
I see nothing wrong with posting this here. He is just trying to give his fellow riders a chance to buy a badass car. Dont bash him because its an atv forum. Plus these kinds of cars are going for more money now because they dont make them anymore. if you keep looking you will find somebody who will want the car and will pay the 10,500. I wouldnt go any lower than that

Rdhanded2
03-01-2005, 10:02 AM
www.fbody.com is a good site to post it on as well.

xsr_racing28c
03-01-2005, 10:59 AM
obviously the car was beat to piss, if the motor and tranny have already been replaced!! not worth buying for even $7000 in my mind

crday98
03-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BadAss03
I see nothing wrong with posting this here. He is just trying to give his fellow riders a chance to buy a badass car. Dont bash him because its an atv forum. Plus these kinds of cars are going for more money now because they dont make them anymore. if you keep looking you will find somebody who will want the car and will pay the 10,500. I wouldnt go any lower than that we are not bashing him because it is an atv forum, we are just bringing it to his attention that the car isn't worth as mush as his asking price due to the noted problems that this car had. also, these cars are not going for anymore money than they were 3 years ago when they were still in production. for the exception of low mileage late 4th gen f-bodies, most are actually going for less than what they were a few years back because of their age:ermm: a 98-99 ls1 with high miles is worth much less today than they were going for back in 2002 which is the last year of production. i have seen a few popping up on ebay with ridiculous starting bids with the seller using "the no longer in production" fact as their big selling point only to receive zero bids.

Tackett
03-01-2005, 02:49 PM
this is so funny.your letting that get to you so hardcore.i think someone needs to give you a tissue er sumpin. u get all upset because u dont think my price is fair.im sure you drive a Geo er some p.o.s car,i wouldnt sell it to a dip**** like you who wouldnt know what to do with all that power.

Matt37
03-01-2005, 03:05 PM
I dont understand why everyone is bashing him he is trying to sell his car so he came here. I also dont understand why anyone is commenting unless they are interested in buying it. Which iam guessing none of you are. By the responds iam seeing some of you prob. are not old enough to drive anyway :rolleyes: I think everyone should just let the guy be.

Bush0102
03-01-2005, 03:13 PM
this is so funny.your letting that get to you so hardcore.i think someone needs to give you a tissue er sumpin. u get all upset because u dont think my price is fair.im sure you drive a Geo er some p.o.s car,i wouldnt sell it to a dip**** like you who wouldnt know what to do with all that power.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"all that power"
you really are delusional.

xsr_racing28c
03-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Hey Tackket, by power, what do you mean??? these cars show high hp, but there not that fast... on sat night, i blew one, with a totally stock, EVO ( 4cyl turbo)... for the money, you could go out and by a 95-99 Mitsu Eclipse GSX, throw 5 g's into the motor, and be running in the 11's.. just my opinion!!! and by the way, i think anyone that is in this forum, could handle the power!! this is not a Z-06 we're talkin about!!!! it's a camaro...lol :o

BTW: what kinda quad do you drive anyways?? :rolleyes:

nacs400ex
03-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
Hey Tackket, by power, what do you mean??? these cars show high hp, but there not that fast... on sat night, i blew one, with a totally stock, EVO ( 4cyl turbo)... for the money, you could go out and by a 95-99 Mitsu Eclipse GSX, throw 5 g's into the motor, and be running in the 11's.. just my opinion!!! and by the way, i think anyone that is in this forum, could handle the power!! this is not a Z-06 we're talkin about!!!! it's a camaro...lol :o

BTW: what kinda quad do you drive anyways?? :rolleyes:

Lets hope not a 450. :rolleyes:

Tackett
03-01-2005, 04:55 PM
omg not another ricer.dude yea u might outrun me in a ricer if u put 5 g's in the motor.HAH.that would be the only way.evo wut kinda name is that.Stay loyal to the us.buy an american made car.u wouldnt know wat hp is.juss think how i could run if i put 5 g's in my motor.now lets see.....i could be runnin 8's with 5 g's.hah i love all this attention my cars bringin and how mad people r gettin.and camaros aint that fast...bring ur big evo to my town. well see how an evo will run with the muscle..please man dont get all wound up cuz u aint got the money to buy a real car.

Rdhanded2
03-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Here is an idea that can end all of this stupid back and forth crap. There is a for-sale forum on this site. If you have something for sale, put it in there. Leave the other forums free of for sale items and spam. If you want to ask what someone thinks you could get for your car, then by all means, post away in open forum. But don't get mad when people give you their openion on your price when you are posting it in the wrong area.

Tackett
03-01-2005, 05:55 PM
cry me a river honey....

01300ex
03-01-2005, 06:04 PM
watch this video and look for the all american power of the camaro got put to shame by a lexus is300 dont get me wrong i love all muscle cars and ricer cars but i just wanted to show you guys some races to maybe prove something ...idk :rolleyes:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t344900.html

Rastus
03-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Plain and simple.., anything can be fast.
Some of these replies seem like thread crap.., and the others are just bashing.

Why can't we all just get along, and leave whoever it is alone?:rolleyes:

xsr_racing28c
03-01-2005, 07:04 PM
hahaha... sorry that i enjoy being able to kick a v8's *** with an little 2.0 L motor... hmmmm. very enjoyable to see the look of diapointment on the guys face when i blow him by 2 car lengths up to 100 mph... lol... where you live?? i would love to prove this to ya!!!! and BTW.. what kinda quad you got again??? lol

And whats the deal?? are you upset, cuz all the japanese cars that are coming out now, can roast a american made V-8?? Try tellin people on this site to buy there quads from America, cuz idk if you didn't realize it, but your on a mostly Honda site ( Japan made)...lol.. and we all know what polaris has as competition...HAHAHA!! ( nothing)

xsr_racing28c
03-01-2005, 07:07 PM
haha, i just noticed that the car was auto....:rolleyes: ... HAHAHAHA!!!!! nice!! And you still managed to mess up the tranny!! WOW!!!:D

Bush0102
03-01-2005, 07:10 PM
haha, i just noticed that the car was auto....:rolleyes: ... HAHAHAHA!!!!! nice!! And you still managed to mess up the tranny!! WOW!!!:D

i dont really agree with your car of choice, but i agree with you on this camaro.

i think we need to just let this thread die

Matt37
watch this video and look for the all american power of the camaro got put to shame by a lexus is300 dont get me wrong i love all muscle cars and ricer cars but i just wanted to show you guys some races to maybe prove something ...idk
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t344900.html

:p that viideo was funny nothing goes together like ricers and rap music. But i do agree the camaros are not that fast but that video proves nothing at all.

xsr_racing28c
please man dont get all wound up cuz u aint got the money to buy a real car. [/B]

Look in my sig man, my 450r is worth more than that car!!! HAHA!! And did you not read what i had to race ya with?? lol

chucked
03-01-2005, 07:13 PM
I have a 700 hp dodge neon

xsr_racing28c
03-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I have a 700 hp dodge neon

Is it tubbed?? i would hope so , cuz otherwise, its good for nothing... i know a guy with a 450 whp 95 neon, by Hahn racecraft, and that thing is lethal , but has no traction thru 1,2,3 gears...

chucked
03-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Is it tubbed?? i would hope so , cuz otherwise, its good for nothing... i know a guy with a 450 whp 95 neon, by Hahn racecraft, and that thing is lethal , but has no traction thru 1,2,3 gears... wtf how do u tub a fwd car?

nacs400ex
03-01-2005, 07:50 PM
hahaha... sorry that i enjoy being able to kick a v8's *** with an little 2.0 L motor... hmmmm. very enjoyable to see the look of diapointment on the guys face when i blow him by 2 car lengths up to 100 mph... lol... where you live?? i would love to prove this to ya!!!! and BTW.. what kinda quad you got again??? lol

And whats the deal?? are you upset, cuz all the japanese cars that are coming out now, can roast a american made V-8?? Try tellin people on this site to buy there quads from America, cuz idk if you didn't realize it, but your on a mostly Honda site ( Japan made)...lol.. and we all know what polaris has as competition...HAHAHA!! ( nothing)

Face the facts torque wins races. Sorry but quads and ATVs are two different things. I give the japs props to their quads and dirtbikes because theu have been making them for so long. But look at the american made ATK, they offer a better race quad to the public. The only things japs got going for them is their fuel effiecent cars, and they dont win races.

Sorry man not everyone can own a street machine like the EVO or a detuned crf motor based quad.

nacs400ex
03-01-2005, 07:58 PM
wtf how do u tub a fwd car?

yeah really eh. I wonder if those damn ricers have enough power to turn tubbed tires. :o

Tackett
03-01-2005, 08:20 PM
i love these skinny lil punks that drive their ricers roun and claim they have 700+ hp.lmao.i would put my car up against ur neon or ur ching ping pang p.o.s any day.auto or not i would still be flyin by u like u were my lil toy.u guys can talk alota **** on these forums but thats about all u can do. and believe me the women love that pinging of those 4 cyclinder...hahah..they love the roar of those 8 horses juss aching to be let loose...i have a 00 400ex that i built from frame up...yea i have nothing against honda quads its juss cars...u like inherit ur moms old beat up honda and put a loud exhaust and racing seatbelts from autozone and somehow think you have a race car...listen i would love for half of u ricers to pull beside me and see wat happens.hah i juss love it how u guys try so hard to talk up ur ricers...LOVE IT!!!!

chucked
03-01-2005, 08:22 PM
i love these skinny lil punks that drive their ricers roun and claim they have 700+ hp.lmao.i would put my car up against ur neon or ur ching ping pang p.o.s any day.auto or not i would still be flyin by u like u were my lil toy.u guys can talk alota **** on these forums but thats about all u can do. and believe me the women love that pinging of those 4 cyclinder...hahah..they love the roar of those 8 horses juss aching to be let loose...i have a 00 400ex that i built from frame up...yea i have nothing against honda quads its juss cars...u like inherit ur moms old beat up honda and put a loud exhaust and racing seatbelts from autozone and somehow think you have a race car...listen i would love for half of u ricers to pull beside me and see wat happens.hah i juss love it how u guys try so hard to talk up ur ricers...LOVE IT!!!! dude you are so gay, you want me to tell you how gay you are? Well first let me ask you, ever heard of Gran Turismo?

Tackett
03-01-2005, 08:25 PM
and wat kinda car do u drive????since u got this big 450r that is worth more than my car. you think there is a single person out there that would give u 10k for ur used 450r????i highly doubt it.

Bush0102
03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
and wat kinda car do u drive????since u got this big 450r that is worth more than my car. you think there is a single person out there that would give u 10k for ur used 450r????i highly doubt it.

i'd give 10 grand for a 450R waaayyy before some piece of crap camaro thats been torn to hell

Tackett
03-01-2005, 08:28 PM
im gay? sounds like a typical comment a ricer would say.haha.since ur all such badasses. ping ping ping...hahhahah!

Tackett
i bet you would bush!

chucked
Originally posted by Bush0102
i'd give 10 grand for a 450R waaayyy before some piece of crap camaro thats been torn to hell you got that right!

chucked
03-01-2005, 08:30 PM
im gay? sounds like a typical comment a ricer would say.haha.since ur all such badasses. ping ping ping...hahhahah! my 700 hp neon is on a video game... I drive a s-10 with a 350... Im just trying to get you all pissed off, it appears to be working....

Tackett
03-01-2005, 08:31 PM
once again another smart choice by a ricer! you know you all kinda think alot alike...i bet u guys put the same nopi stickers on ur neons to right....or how about the "APC"...thats also a hot item at autozone.

Tackett
03-01-2005, 08:33 PM
actually im having cramps in my stomach from laughing so hard from some of the stupid **** uve been saying.haha.ping ping! wait wait slow down...let me hit my nos.ahha

chucked
03-01-2005, 08:35 PM
once again another smart choice by a ricer! you know you all kinda think alot alike...i bet u guys put the same nopi stickers on ur neons to right....or how about the "APC"...thats also a hot item at autozone. wtf is nopi? Who has a neon??

Bush0102
03-01-2005, 08:35 PM
actually im having cramps in my stomach from laughing so hard from some of the stupid **** uve been saying.haha.ping ping! wait wait slow down...let me hit my nos.ahha

:rolleyes:

i think its time for you to leave.

bansheeguy77
03-01-2005, 08:43 PM
this thread will be locked very soon. but i hope not til i put my 10 cents in. first off camaros are slow? compared to what? sure hte sti's and evos will beat them. but your average car will get blown away. but now with this car that has obviously been beat to hell and driven by a moron. i wouldnt give him 200 bucks for it. im sure you wont sell your car at that price. and by the way you might want to study up on your english and spelling a bit. its hard to make sense of the crap your saying.

chucked
03-01-2005, 08:48 PM

Bush0102
03-01-2005, 08:53 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha

i am dying

crday98
03-01-2005, 08:55 PM
i hope you are not referring to me:D
if you didn't notice, i included a pic of my car that ran low 11's. i'm guessing with your mods, you are lucky to run a low 13;) i'm pretty sure i can handle the all mighty power of a sock ls1;)

Bush0102
03-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by crday98
i hope you are not referring to me:D
if you didn't notice, i included a pic of my car that ran low 11's. i'm guessing with your mods, you are lucky to run a low 13;) i'm pretty sure i can handle the all mighty power of a sock ls1;)

he was talking to me...;)

crday98
03-01-2005, 08:59 PM
juss think how i could run if i put 5 g's in my motor.now lets see.....i could be runnin 8's with 5 g's. trust me i am an f-body guy through and through but there is no way in hell you are going to get an LS1 into the 10's let alone 8's with only 5K in mods:rolleyes:
as for you ricers.... i laugh at you and have always laughed you you morons when you every time i got that little fart rev thrown at me only to get your asses handed to you time and time again. a stock sti will run with a stock ls1 but not beat one;) i'm not sure of the times stock evo's are turning so i won't comment on that but i don't believe it is in the low 13's but i could be wrong.:ermm:

Bush0102
03-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by crday98
trust me i am an f-body guy through and through but there is no way in hell you are going to get an LS1 into the 10's let alone 8's with only 5K in mods:rolleyes:
as for you ricers.... i laugh at you and have always laughed you you morons when you every time i got that little fart rev thrown at me only to get your asses handed to you time and time again. a stock sti will run with a stock ls1 but not beat one;) i'm not sure of the times stock evo's are turning so i won't comment on that but i don't believe it is in the low 13's but i could be wrong.:ermm:

We've seen STi's with exhaust run high 8s on the 1/8th...and this guy was a badass driver. I'm guessing a stocker would be in the high 13s or low 14s on the quarter

I hate how the little ricers have the audacity to laugh at american cars. Ridiculous statements such as "my evo with 5K in motor work can beat your stock LS1" are nothing to be proud of. Have fun grenading that piece of crap at about 50K. Maybe then you can get that spoon engine that you've been jerking off to for months!

crday98
03-01-2005, 09:26 PM
05 EVO: 0 to 60- 4.8, 0 to 100-12.5, 1/4-13.6, braking 0 to 70,-157ft., 1.88 mile road course-1:38.88, 300ft. skidpad-0.93, lane change mph.-68.3~~~~~Car and Driver February 2005

05 STI: 0 to 60- 4.9, 0 to 100- 13.1, 1/4- 13.4, braking 0 to 70,-157ft., 1.88 mile road course-1:39.15, 300ft skidpad-0.92, lane change mph-65.9~~~~~Car and Driver February 2005

2000 trans am which didn't come with the fatory LS6 intake so times are slower and numbers are lower:
Top Speed 265.5 kph / 165.0 mph 0 - 60 mph 5.0 seconds
0 - quarter mile 13.4 Seconds 0 - 100 mph 12 seconds
Lateral Acceleration .90G EPA City/Hwy 19/28

here are some numbers i got from the other thread and site. now take into consideration that i personally know 150+ people that have LS1's camaros and trans ams that were all stock at one time and very few ran higher than 13.4 with the majority running between 13.1 to 13.3 bone stock yet the sti and evo are faster??? :rolleyes:

honduh440
03-01-2005, 10:03 PM
my good friend has a ls1 he threw on some slicks exhaust airfilter and a big procharger threw down a 9.11 ET the car is featured in a procharger article

also their is a mustang that has nothing more then a procharger and broke into the 8's and these prochargers with intercooler are just under 8 grand

MOFO
03-02-2005, 05:21 AM
this thread went all wrong...

american vs ricers...blah blah blah.... I prefer German car's and American trucks... so there!

The real questions asked here were not fully answered about the car... you kinda explained why the motor was rebuilt (what all did they rebuild due to the lack of oil?) and you never said why the tranny was rebuilt. Those are two BIG red flags in my book with such LOW miles. Also when the motor was opened up, why did you not have some motor work done?

Just some questions a potential buyer will have...

I will agree with you its funny to see ricers with their fart tips and stickers (badge engineering)...but why do you have a SS badge on your car when its a Z28? Badge engineering? To me thats the same as the kid down the street with a Civic Si and he has Type R badges on it.

Bush0102
03-02-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by MOFO

american vs ricers...blah blah blah.... I prefer German car's and American trucks... so there!

The real questions asked here were not fully answered about the car... you kinda explained why the motor was rebuilt (what all did they rebuild due to the lack of oil?) and you never said why the tranny was rebuilt. Those are two BIG red flags in my book with such LOW miles. Also when the motor was opened up, why did you not have some motor work done?

I will agree with you its funny to see ricers with their fart tips and stickers (badge engineering)...but why do you have a SS badge on your car when its a Z28? Badge engineering? To me thats the same as the kid down the street with a Civic Si and he has Type R badges on it.

i saw that, too. so basically he is not only trying to rip off potential buyers, he is lying to them too.

chucked
03-02-2005, 07:16 AM
one more thing I thought of, Why did it cost SOOOOOO much to have the motor rebuilt? You could have bought a brand new long block for less

Rdhanded2
03-02-2005, 09:12 AM
No doubt! For $3500 you you could of made the thing an LS6, thrown in one hell of a cam, head work, etc. Crazy.

xsr_racing28c
03-02-2005, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bush0102
[B] Ridiculous statements such as "my evo with 5K in motor work can beat your stock LS1"

Where did i ever say that?? i said go buy a 95-99 GSX eclispse, and put 5k in the motor, and you will be in the 11's!!!! I will beat an ls1 with a STOCK EVO!!! lol... also , i was clocked running a 12.9 1/4 with the stock EVO just a week ago... lol... IF you know how to shift, you can run consistant 13.0 or break into the high 12's with stock evos and sti's...

Tackket, you live in OHIO, come up to Milwaukee, and I will have a race setup for us!! be ready to have yur *** handed to ya, by a stock Mitsubishi!!!!

xsr_racing28c
03-02-2005, 11:12 AM

i didn't say that they would give me 10 grand, i said its worth more than yur car!!! And sorry to say , but that car ain't worth 10'gs!!! lol plus look at the comments you recieved on that topic..haha

Find another site to post on!!!

Bush0102
03-02-2005, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bush0102
[B] Ridiculous statements such as "my evo with 5K in motor work can beat your stock LS1"

Where did i ever say that?? i said go buy a 95-99 GSX eclispse, and put 5k in the motor, and you will be in the 11's!!!! I will beat an ls1 with a STOCK EVO!!! lol... also , i was clocked running a 12.9 1/4 with the stock EVO just a week ago... lol... IF you know how to shift, you can run consistant 13.0 or break into the high 12's with stock evos and sti's...

wasnt directed at you...;) :)

xsr_racing28c
03-02-2005, 03:02 PM
wasnt directed at you...;) :)

Well i am the one that said i drive an evo, and then i said that you would be better off buying an eclipse than the camaro and stickin 5 g's into the motor, if you wanna go fast... whatever though...lol ... this thread is worthless, cuz no one is gonna buy that car for the money...lol

blackraptor16
03-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Here's my 2cents. I don't even post much and/or visit this site very much anymore due to the fact that EVERYTIME someone posts something, everyone else tears him/her to shreds, makes fun of their stuff. Come on GROW UP! He wanted to sell his car - not ask for a comparative market analysis.

Bush0102
03-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor16
Here's my 2cents. I don't even post much and/or visit this site very much anymore due to the fact that EVERYTIME someone posts something, everyone else tears him/her to shreds, makes fun of their stuff. Come on GROW UP! He wanted to sell his car - not ask for a comparative market analysis.

he had a ridiculous asking price and got smart when i let him know about it, so the argument ensued.

he shouldnt have put it in this forum anyway

Tackett
03-02-2005, 06:44 PM
no i posted it and got smart *** comments and so i laughed and u guys got mad and i laughed some more..thats pretty much the outcome.i had people draw me a picture.that was the cool thing.kinda cute if u really wanna know.

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
[B But i do agree the camaros are not that fast but that video proves nothing at all. [/B]

Camaro's aren't that fast, eh? My unc owns a 1969 Camaro with a 454 in it, Weiand 871 blower, Lunati Cam, and a bunch of other goodies... It's getting rebuilt though. Hoping he tubs it.. Anyways, I know this has nothing to do with this site and thats a nice Z-28 Tackett.

chucked
03-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by rYan01400EX
Camaro's aren't that fast, eh? My unc owns a 1969 Camaro with a 454 in it, Weiand 871 blower, Lunati Cam, and a bunch of other goodies... It's getting rebuilt though. Hoping he tubs it.. Anyways, I know this has nothing to do with this site and thats a nice Z-28 Tackett. Whoa, thats not really the same, thats before emmissions and obd crap and pollution and the gas shortage....

Tackett
03-02-2005, 06:55 PM
thanks alot man.my dads gotta 69 with 350. it needs restored but we never have got around to it. isnt it ironic how people get so jealous over stuff and have to bring their life story into it and get all emosional and *****y?

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I, personally, don't find it at all neccessary. You're here for the same reason we are and you have the right to sell a car here if you want. This forum brings alot of traffic and I'm sure someone would be interested.

Yea, Chucked, gas shortage is a major problem being that the car absolutely inhales every drip of gas in that 20 gal. fuel cell.

trick450r
03-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

thats what im talking about MOFO give me a nice VW R32 and im happy as hell.....better yet a 911 so i can go smoke this **** holes ****maro....

MOFO
03-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I think I brought up good questions he will deal with selling the car...especially if anyone with a brain looks at the car. I also brought up a good point asking why he has a SS badge on the car when its a Z28... especially since he rips on other people who do the same thing - ie ricers and stickers. (BTW, I hate the "ricer" crowd).

I agree this thread went the wrong way fast, but just about every thread on here does. Everyone that is jumping all over him and defending him needs to relax... its the internet for crying out loud!

Tackett
03-02-2005, 07:08 PM
heres his camaro.

Tackett
03-02-2005, 07:10 PM
yea someone give him a 911 cuz he cant afford one.his geo wont do the job.dip****.

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 07:11 PM
That'd make a sick ride with time and money... We have a '68 ourselves with a 350 in it getting a rebuild and maybe stroked to a 383. It's nothing big, I just like to keep it around since there is no more Camaro's made.

Hopefully, I'll get some pictures of the car rebuild this weekend and show them to you.

MOFO
03-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
thats what im talking about MOFO give me a nice VW R32 and im happy as hell...

ahhh, I was VERY close to having a R32 in my garage...

...and yes I will have a 996 911 in my stable someday.

but we'll leave that out...the technology is way above anything in here. :devil:

there is so much more to driving than 0-60 street light racing.

;)

Tackett
03-02-2005, 07:14 PM
heres the engine.its way past a restoration.

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Ours was a little outdated to. Been in the car 20 years. I pulled the motor out 3 weekends ago and the main bearings and bearing caps are still fine. I was amazed. I pressure washed the motor to get the orange paint part of the way off and we need to put all the new parts for the beast on sometime..

MOFO
03-02-2005, 07:18 PM
heres the engine.its way past a restoration.

nah, a bit of carb cleaner and engine spray will clear her up good.

;)

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 07:19 PM
New headers, fan and a billet drive kit and a motor paint job will make that motor look great. How are it's internals?

hondardr4life
03-02-2005, 07:23 PM
This thread is great. I agree that he wants too much for his car, and that it is weird that the motor was rebuilt with so little miles. BUT that being almost the exact same car I am going to be getting, I would have to say that all the people with ricers are wayyy to cocky. I say bring you little 4 banger down to PA in a year when its actually legal for me to drive, and we'll line em up. You can have your little fart pipes and be pushing 200 horses (just a guess, I have no idea how much horsepower those little forign POS's have and I really don't care), and it will be no match to the roar of flowmaster pipes and an 8 cylinder ls1 engine. I just had this same arguement some moron in my school, he says his 1.8 liter laser will take down the camaro. I just laughed and said we'll race.

trick450r
03-02-2005, 07:25 PM
yea someone give him a 911 cuz he cant afford one.his geo wont do the job.dip****. \

acually we owned 5 porsches at the same time you dumb ****...2 73' 914 1.7's 2 74' 914 1.8's and a 72 911 targa E fully setup for SCCA....the 911 would not only smoke your camaro on a drag your camaro cant hold a candle to any of the five cars in the turns...on back roads.....face it american cars just dont stack up to german cars....infact i would bet you that my front wheel drive 84' VW rabbit GTI handles 100 million times better then your camero.....and i love how you dis japan cars....my Toyota Fj40 land cruiser wouldn't beat your camero but it would run the ****in thing over!!!:blah:

chucked
03-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
This thread is great. I agree that he wants too much for his car, and that it is weird that the motor was rebuilt with so little miles. BUT that being almost the exact same car I am going to be getting, I would have to say that all the people with ricers are wayyy to cocky. I say bring you little 4 banger down to PA in a year when its actually legal for me to drive, and we'll line em up. You can have your little fart pipes and be pushing 200 horses (just a guess, I have no idea how much horsepower those little forign POS's have and I really don't care), and it will be no match to the roar of flowmaster pipes and an 8 cylinder ls1 engine. I just had this same arguement some moron in my school, he says his 1.8 liter laser will take down the camaro. I just laughed and said we'll race. wanna take on my 600 hp neon?

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Haha. My Civic with dual jet engines.

trick450r
03-02-2005, 07:27 PM
wanna take on my 600 hp neon?

LMGDAO chucked...i could have sworn your neon was 700 hp a minute ago...what did your exhaust fall off...lmao

hondardr4life
03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Wellllll #1, you don't have a 600hp neon. And #2 with the money you would spend to make a neon have 600hp, I will pu tthat money into the camaro, and then it will still smoke your little 4 banger.:macho

Tackett
03-02-2005, 07:29 PM
obviously trick450r hasnt seent the performance of an ls1.dude juss quit talkin ur ****.ull never see me and i know for a fact that my ls1 would smoke ur porshes. plus their like 30 years old.they prolly dont even run.

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm not here to argue about cars. Just though to compliment Tackett on his Camaro.

Matt37
03-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Camaro's aren't that fast, eh? My unc owns a 1969 Camaro with a 454 in it, Weiand 871 blower, Lunati Cam, and a bunch of other goodies... It's getting rebuilt though. Hoping he tubs it.. Anyways, I know this has nothing to do with this site and thats a nice Z-28 Tackett.

I meant STOCK Camaros. To me that doesnt sound stock :rolleyes: you can make a dodge Caravan fast if you put a engine like that in it so obviously i meant stock camaros. I hope that 69 Camaro is not a real true z28 because why anyone would drop the value of a car like that by putting a blower in it is beyond me. IF you wanna do that buy another year camaro 69's are to valuable you gotta keep them stock. That is like the people that buy real true ls6 chevelles and then put a blower on them. Its like you take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

trick450r
03-02-2005, 07:36 PM
obviously trick450r hasnt seent the performance of an ls1.dude juss quit talkin ur ****.ull never see me and i know for a fact that my ls1 would smoke ur porshes. plus their like 30 years old.they prolly dont even run.

if you can count......your camero is older.....;) and in fact a v6 porsche would smoke any camero you will ever own.....plus like MOFO said their is more to driving then going straight especially in an auto...it takes NO skill...i can think of about 100 cars from japan and Every car from germany that handle better then your camero.....

chucked
03-02-2005, 07:38 PM
LMGDAO chucked...i could have sworn your neon was 700 hp a minute ago...what did your exhaust fall off...lmao well It needs an oil change, once I change the oil, it will have 700 hp again.

btw, I had a neon, if a neon actually had that much power, it would fall apart.

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
I meant STOCK Camaros. To me that doesnt sound stock :rolleyes: you can make a dodge Caravan fast if you put a engine like that in it so obviously i meant stock camaros. I hope that 69 Camaro is not a real true z28 because why anyone would drop the value of a car like that by putting a blower in it is beyond me. IF you wanna do that buy another year camaro 69's are to valuable you gotta keep them stock. That is like the people that buy real true ls6 chevelles and then put a blower on them. Its like you take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Where did I state it was a Z-28? Never did, read it once again buddy. I was complimenting Tackett's Z-28. The '69 is just a '69 coupe.

Tackett
03-02-2005, 07:44 PM
yea a new porshe would outrun my car.not one of ur olds ones.a 69 camaro is a classic a...78 porshe isnt...sorry.

Tackett
03-02-2005, 07:46 PM
and my motor was rebuilt which entitles it to bein bored which entitles it to not bein stock.

xsr_racing28c
03-02-2005, 07:51 PM
your a joke tackket, i'm waiting to spank your car here in Milwaukee!!! Your dad must be the one feeding you all the bull**** about how V-8s can beat anything... lol... just leave!!!!

chucked
03-02-2005, 07:52 PM
and my motor was rebuilt which entitles it to bein bored which entitles it to not bein stock. OMG WHY WONT THIS THREAD DIE!!!!!!!!!!

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Agree with Chucked.

Scro
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
let me start off by saying that I am not very fond of the big "tin cans on the back of your momma's car", BUT let me say that there are some very fast STOCK AMERICAN made 4 cylinders out there. For example, the Dodge Neon R/T. This thing is fast, I dont care what you say...in the eighth mile it ran a 7.90..totally stock, (except for the slicks on the front), its ridiculous, he rolled in there and everyone was laughin at him, including myself. Everything changed when he made his first pass. On top of that, I think, and I'm not for sure, but i think you can get one for under 20k. Thats pretty good, if the fast compact cars are your thing.

Matt37
03-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Where did I state it was a Z-28? Never did, read it once again buddy. I was complimenting Tackett's Z-28. The '69 is just a '69 coupe.

I never stated it was a z28 either. Do you know what I HOPE means, I was just assuming when stating that is why i said I HOPE there ya go buddy i think your the one that should read it once again :rolleyes: nice one slick. I put the statement below just so you can look at it one more time and make sure you understand it fully.

I HOPE that 69 Camaro is not a real true z28

Tackett
03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
we were in town one night cruising.my buddy is a ricer.hes in the car with me and tells me that this dodge r/t will give me a good race.yea it had the turbo and intercooler.and did he give a good race...no.that shut him up...hes gotta and eclipse gt with intake and greddy exhaust.and i leave him settin. someone said theyd outrun me with a stock mitu...i dont think so.

Bush0102
03-02-2005, 09:32 PM
why do you think your camaro is so badass? Your only performance mod is exhaust..the rest is just for looks.

I can think of 3 or four trucks that would leave you in the dust, and I've got a buddy with a V6 Buick that will smoke your ***

rippen_honda400
03-02-2005, 09:57 PM
hey man these people are right this is an ATV web site not a CAR web site. go back to auto trader **ggot

crday98
03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
if you can count......your camero is older.....;) and in fact a v6 porsche would smoke any camero you will ever own.....plus like MOFO said their is more to driving then going straight especially in an auto...it takes NO skill...i can think of about 100 cars from japan and Every car from germany that handle better then your camero.....
for gods sake, if you are going to act like you know anything about cars, you might want to learn how to spell "camaro" first dip****!!!;)

Quad18star
03-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Nothing will beat my Sunfire GT :p :rolleyes:

I didn't read all 8 pages ... only the first couple but here's my opinion ....

I see nothing wrong with the asking price .... it's common sense to ask a higher price and settle for a little less . The car might not be worth the money to you , but to someone else maybe it is .

It's just like this car ..... tell me what you THINK the price of the car should go for , if it were to be put up for sale . Then I'll tell you how much is invested and what price it could fetch .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/p3f7c0bbcd5f268dbc916b37e9cebb029/f8d7440b.jpg

By the way man ... your Camaro is nice !!!

rYan01400EX
03-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I say you could fetch 25 - 30 grand.

Quad18star
03-03-2005, 07:34 AM
I say you could fetch 25 - 30 grand.

Wanna buy it for that price ?? :p

That is about how much is invested right now .... but if this car was to go up on the auction block , it would only net maybe 17-21 thousand .... but to the right buyer it could get over 30 easily . :)

So who wants to buy it ?? It's going up for sale !!!!!!!!

xsr_racing28c
03-03-2005, 10:12 AM
\..hes gotta and eclipse gt with intake and greddy exhaust.and i leave him settin. someone said theyd outrun me with a stock mitu...i dont think so. [/B]

i was the one that said that , and i wasn't talkin about an eclipse gt dumbass, i said a stock EVO...lol...( an EVO is a mistubishi by the way) you obvously don't know much about cars

Tackett
03-03-2005, 01:11 PM
dude im sayin i seen a turbo minivan outrun a z28 yea with the right amount of money u can out run em....but im sayin is that an stock evo wont outrun my car.and i have exhaust slp airlid and my motor has been total rebuilt bein bored and all to wat extent i dont know.id love to see ur geo storm!

03-03-2005, 01:24 PM
omg not another ricer.dude yea u might outrun me in a ricer if u put 5 g's in the motor.HAH.that would be the only way.evo wut kinda name is that.Stay loyal to the us.buy an american made car.u wouldnt know wat hp is.juss think how i could run if i put 5 g's in my motor.now lets see.....i could be runnin 8's with 5 g's.hah i love all this attention my cars bringin and how mad people r gettin.and camaros aint that fast...bring ur big evo to my town. well see how an evo will run with the muscle..please man dont get all wound up cuz u aint got the money to buy a real car.

If you want to help american business and want to buy an american car, well good for you, but it doesnt matter at all used. Dont come on here and lie about blue book by 2k, and then try to act tough to everyone on here and expect to sell a car. I have nothing wrong with your asking price, its your decision what you want to ask for, but blue book is blue book.

But it is a nice car, and if your willing to sit on it for long enough, I think you might be able to get 10-12k from the right yuppie.

Bush0102
03-03-2005, 01:29 PM
dude im sayin i seen a turbo minivan outrun a z28 yea with the right amount of money u can out run em....but im sayin is that an stock evo wont outrun my car.and i have exhaust slp airlid and my motor has been total rebuilt bein bored and all to wat extent i dont know.id love to see ur geo storm!

SLP AIRLID:eek2:

holy crap how do you get traction?

Matt37
03-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Damn, you guys a rough on this guy that is a nice car and will go up in value due to them not making them anymore cut this guy some slack. I would never advertise a car on here but that is just my opinion mainly because half the people on this website are 12 year olds looking to get in an argument not knowing what they are talking about. Just go to z28.com and people will respond correctly to you over there.

P.S. the reason why there is such choas in here is because we prob. have some mustang guys in here :rolleyes:

Scro
03-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I've got a buddy with a V6 Buick that will smoke your ***

hahah....gotta love the grand nationals!

rYan01400EX
03-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Those Buick Grand Nationals are bad!

Scro
03-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Those Buick Grand Nationals are bad!

that they are, that they are!

rYan01400EX
03-03-2005, 02:03 PM
I'd like to have an old one...

Matt37
03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Yea man grand nationals are awsome and very deciving as well. 1987 grand national all black looks like a granny car but man those things are fast. Intercooled and turbo chargered from the factory dont get much better than that! :eek2:

Bush0102
03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
I'd like to have an old one...

i didnt think too many people would catch onto a "little old 1986 V6 buick" haha...this thing runs low 11s on the quarter:p

jcv400ex
03-03-2005, 02:14 PM
who really gives a ****. God, all you guys do is start **** everytime someone is selling something.

Shut yer piehole if ya ain't gonna buy the car!!!!!:mad: :grr:

END OF STORY

Bush0102
03-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
who really gives a ****. God, all you guys do is start **** everytime someone is selling something.

Shut yer piehole if ya ain't gonna buy the car!!!!!:mad: :grr:

END OF STORY

how about he put it in the classified fourum where it belongs if he doesnt want to deal with open forum off-topic replies?

END OF STORY

Tackett
03-03-2005, 02:29 PM
bush is a ****ing dumbass and dont know wat hes talkin about....by open it can be anything.dont get mad cuz u drive a piece of ****.thats wat it must be....u must be jealous er sumpin and considering that im 18 years old.thats a hell of a car.id love to see wat u drove at 18.dip****.

Bush0102
03-03-2005, 02:45 PM
i'm 19 dip****...and this is what I drive. Seriously, you think your car is just incredible and that people judge you by what you drive. By driving an LS1, are you trying to compensate for your small penis? And dont even try to tell me that you bought that car, so kiss my ***.

my car:

Bush0102
03-03-2005, 02:50 PM
bush is a ****ing dumbass and dont know wat hes talkin about....by open it can be anything.dont get mad cuz u drive a piece of ****.thats wat it must be....u must be jealous er sumpin and considering that im 18 years old.thats a hell of a car.id love to see wat u drove at 18.dip****.

oh and open forum isnt just anything...its general discussion, not a place for self-proclaimed badasses like you to try to rip people off.

Your car is an absolute piece of crap decked out with ugly *** visual modifications that you wasted money on. Then you make fun of ricers. In reality, you are on the same level as them except you drive an american car- except for the intake and exhaust, your car's modifications are all visual! That fake SS grille is no different than a type R sticker on a civic DX...

You seriously act like this thing is something special. And who gives a damn what I drive? I never said anything about people's cars until now. I just tried to show other people that your asking price for this car is outrageous.

You dont know what you're talking about, youre cylinders werent bored when your engine was rebuilt if it cost 3500 bucks...

Do yourself a favor and just leave.

xsr_racing28c
03-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Tackket, I AM saying that i will beat you with a stock EVO!!!!!! don't doubt me on that one!! last weekend, i was taped beating an 01 T/A with full exhaust( headers and all) , carbon air box...( better than slp) and it had suspension and computer work done... it's all about knowing how to dirve and traction..!!!! Can't beat AWD launches can you now.... i was 2 car lengths ahead of this guy at 60 mph..lol... no he didn't have a wing or the SS grill lol, but i still beat him, and BTW i am 19, so don't be thinkin yur all cool cuz you drive a POS camaro... No one wants it, so just leave you dip ****!!!

mckenzie016
03-04-2005, 05:41 AM
get in ur ****in evo and bring that piece of **** up here so i can show u that i will smoke ur ***.easy as that.

JUSTINcredible
03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
first, who cares if he posts this in here, ive seen dumber stuff posted.
second- its his car, he can asks what he wants for it and you shouldent worry about how much he is asking unless you are intersted in buying it yourself.

ppl that cause problems over nothing on the site latley are starting to get old...