PDA

View Full Version : dirtwheels

gwroregon
02-28-2005, 07:47 PM
DID ANY OF YOU GUYS READ THE NEW DIRTWHEELS ARTICLE ON THE TRX VS THE YFZ? I KNOW THE MAGAZINE MAY BE BIASED BUT THIS ARTICLE SEEMED LIKE A REAL SLAP IN THE FACE. IF SOMEONE ONLY HAD THE ARTICLE TO JUDGE OF WHICH BIKE TO BUY THEY WOULD GET THE YFZ EVERYTIME. I HATE HOW IT CONTINUALLY SAID THE THE TRX ENGINE WAS MELLOW AND THAT IT WAS HARDER TO CLEAR THE SAME JUMPS AS THE YFZ. I HAVE NEVER RODE A YFZ SO I CAN'T SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE IS THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Scro
02-28-2005, 07:51 PM
hit the button to the left of the "A" key;), ive had people ride mine that have rode a yfz and said that they like the handling better, but mine is not stock. I havent rode a yfz.......yet

dtmichau
02-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Ive ridden both before. The power band is different, thats about it. A guy who owned a yfz wanted to ride my 450r in a couple drag races cuz he never raced one before, he got off the bike and said it was a fast machine. He even said he couldnt really tell a difference between the two.

Go to ********.com and read the "Moto-4 TRX or YFZ?" article by Korry Ellis. A pro caliber racer like him even says that it comes down to if you like Fords or Chevies better.

if ur interested in the article its under the columns section-->miles----->moto-4 trx or yfz?

Got nads?
02-28-2005, 08:46 PM
A YFZ definately has more of a hit, I personally think it is like the old 250Rs where you feel like you are going faster then you do on a modded 400EX or 450R, but your not!

hoopd450
02-28-2005, 09:23 PM
last month in atv rider magazine they did a test between the 450r, yfz,z400 and the predator where several top pros like borich, smiley, wimmer and dunk just tore the crap out of brand now machines for like 12 hours. in the end they all picked the 450r to be the best machine and the yfz finished dead last

Honda
02-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Personally, Dirtwheels magazine is starting to piss me off! I am sick and tired of reading how much better the damn YFZ is than the Honda, WTF? All they do is ***** about how bad it is, and they still have yet to do an aftermarket pipe test on one, they did it for the YFZ months ago! The 450R isn't the only Honda that has been dogged either, I don't think I have seen hardly any Honda machines win a shootout lately. How much is Yamaha paying you guys anyway? I hope it is alot, because I have been reading your Rag for over 15 years, and it sucks now! And not just for the reasons listed above.

I have owned all the brands, and I will never own another Yamaha, Ever! P.O.S!

By the way, I haven't renewed my subscription either! LOL!

Bitter? Yea you could say that!

kbass24emtp
02-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Well they can no longer say that the Honda never finished first in a GNC or GNCC race anymore. Who really cares what they think. We all know which one WE like the best. I really don't need a magazine to tell me anything. I just like looking at the picture and reading the ads. I get all my product reviews off this site and other 450R sites.

Punk'd
02-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Take a look at the back cover of every issue:ermm: its all about money iv been done with dirtwheels

03-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Take a look at the back cover of every issue:ermm: its all about money iv been done with dirtwheels my parents got me a subscription for xmas...they houlda got atvsport but whatever...the pictures are nice and its cool to read while im taking a ****..sometimes I use the pages to wipe when I can

chad502ex
03-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
my parents got me a subscription for xmas...they houlda got atvsport but whatever...the pictures are nice and its cool to read while im taking a ****..sometimes I use the pages to wipe when I can

too much info there fella! LOL

Raptorride
03-01-2005, 09:13 AM
i couldnt really feel much of anything when i rode a yfz it seemed like it had no hit what so ever found it very boring i think it was jetted wrong. My friend has a sparks piped stage 2 cam open air box. That thing has a serious mid to top pull imo. My raptor has a harder pull than the yfz too. But who know i have only ridden one yfz.

450r pimp
03-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Ok, well I own a '04 450r while my dad owns a '04 yfz450.... needless to say we swap all the time just to test out eachothers quads. We both have the airboxes eliminated, full pipes, cams and all that jetting jazz. When riding the YFZ yes it handles a little better than the 450r but the ride isn't as smooth, the 450r has better braking. Well another thing is that we just start moding ours out b/c he who is the fastest has bragging rites lol. The yfz seems to pull harder than the 450r (more of a 2 stroke feel), but the 450r stays rite with it. If I can stay close to him off the start it's over because top end goes to the r. Just wait till I finish my GT490 kit to hear him whine then. He even says that he wishes he bought a 450r because it's just easier to do work on and maitenance like changing the oil and etc... my 2 cents

xander1027
03-01-2005, 04:35 PM
in that article they used a cross county honda and the yamaha was a mx andthey also said that if the honda was set up for mx it would be the same as the yamaha

Punk'd
03-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
my parents got me a subscription for xmas...they houlda got atvsport but whatever...the pictures are nice and its cool to read while im taking a ****..sometimes I use the pages to wipe when I can

ROFL

03-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by xander1027
in that article they used a cross county honda and the yamaha was a mx andthey also said that if the honda was set up for mx it would be the same as the yamaha

1: if your out for motorcross, the yfz is a better bike, it has a more aggressive hit, and is just all around better for mx

2: these bikes are so close to the same, it all depends on the rider, just like doug gust always winning on his old "outdated" z400

3: if you mod both of these bikes to their full potential they will both make the same hp numbers, but in around 3 hours or less, say bye bye to the yami, cuz its engine blow time

4: if you want reliability go with the honda, yami cant even touch honda on that

5: overall, the better bike is the honda, more reliable, decent in mx, best in the woods, great bike stock

6: the honda is cheaper to buy

7: if you plan to do minor mods the yfz is the bike for you, it will be faster then the 450R with just a pipe and filter

8: if you plan to do major mods then get the 450R because the yfz wont even last that long

9: the honda is a lot easier to ride and control do to the power being all over the powerband then at the top end like a 2 stroke

thats my review, use it how you would like

:macho