PDA

View Full Version : Will Not Fire

400 MO Boy
02-28-2005, 06:39 PM
I just insalled a 416 kit, incl. 11:1 wiseco piston, stage 1 hotcam, WB rev box, and FMF exhaust. I fired it up today to break in the cam and it ran for about 10 mins. of the 20 minute break in time for the cam, then died like it was out of gas. Gas was turned on. My plug was black. Changed plug and now it will not fire. Any help you give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

duke416ex
03-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Is the coil ground out good, and did you check the fuses? Take the plug wire of the coil and see if you get any fire there with a tester or a screwdriver. If it isn't either on of them, maybe look at the cdi. Or if you have a kill switch it may have went bad, I had two good switches mess up on me.

400 MO Boy
03-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Thank you for the tips. Checked everything. Have fire to the sparkplug. Have compression. Is there a possibiltiy it jumped time? When you crank it, it is just the starter, then when you give it gas as you let off the gas it acts like it wants to fire. Any help will be appreciated.

jhvmat
03-01-2005, 10:30 PM
you have spark, you have compression. if both of these are ture you need fuel.check and make sure
J V

Bigg Pimpin
03-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Make sure your battery is fully charged. It might just be the new rev box acting up with a low battery. To check you can always plug the stocker back in if it fires then charge the battery and try the WB box again. ;) Had the same problem when I installed my Dyna.

duke416ex
03-02-2005, 07:39 AM
It could have jumped time, if the starter is turning it really fast you may have busted a valve. Check the gas like he said. If you are getting gas and the motor seems to still have compression and is not turning freely, empty the gas and put fresh in it.