PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Brand Carbon Fiber hood

Ralph
02-28-2005, 04:49 PM
My friend bought this hood for his 450r off of ebay. I origionaly took many pictures of the instalation process but lost all of the pictures etc when my computer died. If you have any question on the isntallation i will try my best to help you out.

I tried to find the name ofthe guy selling these on ebay but had little luck. I think his name was "joecool" but i couldnt find any hoods on there. As for the hood you get what you pay for, the hood was only about $60 wich is chum change when it comes to the price of quadtech hoods and others. Mounting it wanst very difficult. All that is needed is drilling 4 holes, 2 on each side, and a little extra touch.

The top tabs used to mount the hoods with the little push-clips were way off, so we used a torch to bend up the taps on the stock plastics up a little and it made a big difference, i wish i still had the pictures of the entire process because it would be a big help for anyone interested in one.

The actual carbon fibre finish looks good. nice and glossy finish, makes the 60 bucks you paid seem even more worh it. If anyone was looking to buy one id say do it if you can find one again, but i have a feeling the guy is done....

wppracing
02-28-2005, 06:15 PM
I got this hood off of EBay. It fits perfectly and you cant beat the price.

Ralph
02-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by wppracing
I got this hood off of EBay. It fits perfectly and you cant beat the price.

lmfao, the tabs are supposed to go on the outer side...lol whoops on my part

RedRaider
02-28-2005, 07:38 PM
I think they are supposed to go on the inside, Thats how i've always seen them.

diangelo#67
02-28-2005, 08:05 PM
the reason why you can't find any thing on them is because they were going to get sued they copied quad tech 's design to a "T"
these guys were doing some major hiding out , the design was a direct mimic of quadtech's design evem down to the symbols for the scooped hoods,an shock covers quad tech is 4 rectangles his was 4circles.... too close

diangelo#67
02-28-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm not saying it was the guy you bought this from but their is a company that was producing these

Ralph
02-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
I'm not saying it was the guy you bought this from but their is a company that was producing these

lol, oh well, they were good while they lasted..

02-28-2005, 08:49 PM
he shoulda used upside down triangles....more people woulda bought them :ermm:

maskale
02-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
the reason why you can't find any thing on them is because they were going to get sued they copied quad tech 's design to a "T"
these guys were doing some major hiding out , the design was a direct mimic of quadtech's design evem down to the symbols for the scooped hoods,an shock covers quad tech is 4 rectangles his was 4circles.... too close

I got some of those shock covers with the holes. I thought they were quad tech and that I got a great deal for $45. But really they were not bad at all, I would take his again any day than pay 125 for them.

rowlrag
02-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by RedRaider
I think they are supposed to go on the inside, Thats how i've always seen them.
No, this hood is to go on outside, unlike the Quadtech, I have both and like this one better. With it on the outside the clips won't pull thru the plastic unlike the Qtech does after a while being mounted on the inside.

CdaleXtreme
03-01-2005, 01:36 PM
I think these so called copies they were selling, were actual quad tech product that was being sold at wholsale prices. There were about 4 companies selling them. They were completely identical to quad techs design.

There wasnt any vast conspiracy or some mad counterfeit scheme.

It is a common sales tactic. Company X goes to quad tech and says hey if I buy 300 hoods off of you today, will you give me a big discount. Quadtech says sure. You just cant use our name on them when you sell them at discount prices. It happens all the time in the retail world.

Also the tabs are supposed to go on the inside. And your pop-rivets will not pull through if you or plastic is properly braced, and your holes are drilled correctly. but you can put them however you want. :D

diangelo#67
03-01-2005, 02:28 PM
I race for quad tech and asked them about this they were made in china off quad techs design duplicated many times and sold to many people....it was a conspiracy

allmixedup047
03-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
I think these so called copies they were selling, were actual quad tech product that was being sold at wholsale prices. There were about 4 companies selling them. They were completely identical to quad techs design.

There wasnt any vast conspiracy or some mad counterfeit scheme.

It is a common sales tactic. Company X goes to quad tech and says hey if I buy 300 hoods off of you today, will you give me a big discount. Quadtech says sure. You just cant use our name on them when you sell them at discount prices. It happens all the time in the retail world.

Also the tabs are supposed to go on the inside. And your pop-rivets will not pull through if you or plastic is properly braced, and your holes are drilled correctly. but you can put them however you want. :D

accualy they are quad techs mess ups. if you look at each hood you will see the blimishes. mine has fish eyes all over it and dans scoop is totaly off, longer on one side than it is on the other. its hard to notice but you will see it if you look.

allmixedup047
03-01-2005, 02:42 PM
heres dans hood he bought from them.

RedRaider
03-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme

Thats what i thought. They can go either way but i think they look better on the inside.

cletusEX
03-01-2005, 04:59 PM
I know 2 guys that have these hoods and they look nice. I don't think they are Quad Tech mess ups, they seem a lot thinner than a Quad Tech hood. The Quad Tech hood I had on my 400ex was twice as thick as these are.