PDA

View Full Version : since when????

crday98
02-28-2005, 01:26 PM
since when did they change the spelling of "what" to "wut"???

do you people realize how ridiculous and stupid spelling it "wut" instead of the correct way makes you look?
for god's sake, spelling it the correct way requires hitting one more letter on the keyboard. is the younger society that friggin lazy that we have to change the spelling of words so we don't have to type one more letter??:confused:
IMO it makes us look like a bunch of morons and brings down the quality of the site. imagine what some people must think when they visit here and see the mentality of some of the people floating around this forum:ermm:

MSL
02-28-2005, 01:39 PM
U tell em old fart:blah:

cut that chit out yungins:devil:

PunkA$$
02-28-2005, 01:40 PM
If people want to misspell simple words to save time, I guess that's their dission. Or maybe they just don't know any better.

416exmx
02-28-2005, 02:57 PM
I know, it is hard for me to adapt also, but I am getting the hang of this new spelling stuff..

what = wut
any = ne
tomorrow = 2morrow
before = b4
and = n

I agree it makes the site look bad. Most of us are over 8yrs old and should know how to spell (especially simple words).

crday98
02-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Punk*****
If people want to misspell simple words to save time, I guess that's their dission. Or maybe they just don't know any better. let me try..... wuts a dission????:D
i know it is their >decision but it doesn't mean everyone likes seeing it.
it's my decision to decide come here and be an arsehole to everyone but it doesn't mean i will get positive results by doing so.;)

quadrcr161
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/ell/publications/Essential%20English%20Dictionary.jpg

crday98
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
I know, it is hard for me to adapt also, but I am getting the hang of this new spelling stuff..

what = wut
any = ne
tomorrow = 2morrow
before = b4
and = n

I agree it makes the site look bad. Most of us are over 8yrs old and should know how to spell (especially simple words).
some more prime examples;)
any, tomorrow and wut all require typing one more letter. look out now... "and" requires two. i better take a rest after that one :rolleyes: :D
now on to b4 versus before.... this one is understandable. there is actually some significance of the shortened spelling. you save typing multiple letters instead of of one or two. i think it ok to use IMO and IDK and the likes too;)

brian-250
02-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/ell/publications/Essential%20English%20Dictionary.jpg

wut?:devil:

really, i try to talk to girls i go to school with and im always saying, english version please? LOL!:o :p

there like, so how wuz yur day tday?:rolleyes:

bulkdriverlp
02-28-2005, 04:13 PM
theres no need for that chit thats fo sho

I-7
02-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by brian-250

i try to talk to girls

Tommy 17
02-28-2005, 05:22 PM
the real reason is that kids are usually talkin to 20+ people on AOL and yahoo messengers... tryin to play a game... and then posting on the site and it adds up... so every second matters haha....

nuttin wrong wit da way dat we type

wilkin250r
02-28-2005, 05:46 PM
It's the text-message influence. Trying to type all those stupid little letters on your numberpad, hitting a number key multiple times just to get the desired letter, it's annoying as hell.

chucked
02-28-2005, 06:08 PM
then people are like "gtg bbl, sys" IM LIKE WTF!

SGA
02-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know that as I am typing a post, a word that looks wrong to me I copy and paste to google? It will usually
find the correct spelling of the word. If it does not, I use the online dictionary. I have to do this about once a week.

When I first started here, it was every other post that I checked because of a misspelled word. Practice does make perfect.

Why do I do all of this? Because at my job, I deal with some well off, intelligent people and I really do not want to come across as ignorant. Plainly put, I want to better myself.

Also, I pay more attention to well spoken, well written people than people that cannot spell or speak well.
Call it wrong but thats what I do and im not going to change.

crday98
02-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It's the text-message influence. Trying to type all those stupid little letters on your numberpad, hitting a number key multiple times just to get the desired letter, it's annoying as hell.
sounds like you guys need to stop buying cheap phones:D
the last 3 i had automatically spell out the word with just a few numbers. if the correct one doesn't spell out, i hit another key on the phone and it goes through a selection of words to select the correct one though this rarely happens.:ermm:

Guy400
02-28-2005, 06:29 PM
I thought about this a few years ago and wanted to change to some forum rules but it never came to fruition. Bad spelling is really annoying to me and it's especially bad when people misspell on purpose. If it were up to me I'd put a mandatory spell checker on this forum that won't allow you to cancel out of it.

400ex28
02-28-2005, 06:38 PM
wut r u guys tlking about???

Bush0102
02-28-2005, 06:43 PM
thank you for finally bringing this up...i cant stand the 14 year olds who come on here and junk up their posts with misspelled or shortened words... half the time you can't understand them and i just wind up ignoring the post

MOFO
02-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by SGA
. Plainly put, I want to better myself.

Also, I pay more attention to well spoken, well written people than people that cannot spell or speak well.

SAME HERE!!! I could not agree with you more!

SGA
02-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
wut r u guys tlking about???
Whats that? I cant understand your spelling:o

roostin_dale
02-28-2005, 08:13 PM
So basically this thread is about 300exrida and his wunna be "gangsta" spelling. Yes, it gets annoying as hell....

SGA
02-28-2005, 08:14 PM
You know, I wish we had a spell checker on here that if you tried to submit a post with easy words misspelled or shortened , it would kick you off the page.
You would have to refresh the page to get back on ATVriders.
I betcha the spelling would improve quick like around here:D

400ex28
02-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by SGA
You know, I wish we had a spell checker on here that if you tried to submit a post with easy words misspelled or shortened , it would kick you off the page.

That would be awsome.

Bush0102
02-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by SGA

or how about some warnings and temporary bans for people that refuse to type in a way that makes reading their post easy for other members?

Bush0102
02-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
So basically this thread is about 300exrida and his wunna be "gangsta" spelling. Yes, it gets annoying as hell....

dont forget Hondaexrider, Tiger250EX, and all the other 13 and 14 year-olds.

02-28-2005, 08:57 PM
how come those guys havent replied this post.. haha..

im gettin' used to that language....evne though im mexican, at fist i had a hard time trying to figure out what the heck thos words mean bt know i think im gettin' used to it...

the words that i shorten are like....R......U......and everything that ends with -ing turns into an .....in'......im f..'ed up haha

Scro
02-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
wunna be

haha..talk about gangsta

Mxjunkie
02-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
the real reason is that kids are usually talkin to 20+ people on AOL and yahoo messengers... tryin to play a game... and then posting on the site and it adds up... so every second matters haha....

nuttin wrong wit da way dat we type

lmao thats me, 20+ im windows open, watching huevos, posting on the site, i type proper though the kids who type in slang here i dont even bother iming them

02-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
lmao thats me, 20+ im windows open, watching huevos, posting on the site, i type proper though the kids who type in slang here i dont even bother iming them

can u explain that to a mexican guy??? cus i didnt understand chit... :confused: :confused: :confused: i thin i get it but not sure.

Mxjunkie
02-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by tony_jackass
can u explain that to a mexican guy??? cus i didnt understand chit... :confused: :confused: :confused: i thin i get it but not sure.

20 aol instant messanger windows open, watching huevos 6 in windows media player, Posting on www.atvriders.com, idiots that use slang i dont talk to..

Better? :bandit:

20 Aol ventanas instantáneas de messanger abren, mirando huevos 6 en el jugador de medios de ventanas, Anunciando en idiotas de www.atvriders.com, que utilizan el argot yo me puse discurso a.

¿Mejor?

roostin_dale
02-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
haha..talk about gangsta

Oh, come on now..."wunna be" isn't "gangsta"....lol

Bush0102
02-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by tony_jackass

for english, press 1 now

para espanol, presione numero dos

JOEX
02-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Does anyone know that as I am typing a post, a word that looks wrong to me I copy and paste to google? It will usually
find the correct spelling of the word. If it does not, I use the online dictionary. I have to do this about once a week....

I have to do that for almost every post:eek: :p

When I do miss a nistake I just blame it on my typing:o :devil:

Originally posted by SGA
....Also, I pay more attention to well spoken, well written people than people that cannot spell or speak well.
I do this also, it is not only more interesting but I also learn from those that are more articulate than myself;) :)

02-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
20 aol instant messanger windows open, watching huevos 6 in windows media player, Posting on www.atvriders.com, idiots that use slang i dont talk to..

Better? :bandit:

20 Aol ventanas instantáneas de messanger abren, mirando huevos 6 en el jugador de medios de ventanas, Anunciando en idiotas de www.atvriders.com, que utilizan el argot yo me puse discurso a.

¿Mejor?

aaa hahaha cool cool... kind of mispelled in the spanish part but haha its OK

02-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
for english, press 1 now

para espanol, presione numero dos

2...............??...............2................ wtf???...........22222222222*clack*(broken keyboard).........

chit!!!

:macho

haha

crday98
02-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SGA
find the correct spelling of the word. If it does not, I use the online dictionary. I have to do this about once a week.

When I first started here, it was every other post that I checked because of a misspelled word. Practice does make perfect.

Why do I do all of this? Because at my job, I deal with some well off, intelligent people and I really do not want to come across as ignorant. Plainly put, I want to better myself.

SGA, you should get a program called "ispell".
it is a spell checker that runs in your tools menu. all you have to do is click on it when you are ready to reply,do an ebay ad or send an email, etc and it will scan the page and let you decide if you want to change the word to the correct spelling with a list of words to choose from,hyphenate words,punctuate words and even capitalize names.
you should be able to get it for free on download.com or a file sharing program.;)