PDA

View Full Version : 250ex pipes and freinds classic 86

redexrider4290
02-28-2005, 10:56 AM
i was wandering wat is a better pipe the megamax or the supertrapp and is there any way to get either of them in a full system or any other full systems that are adjustable or not real loud for pretty cheap

i know this isn't a honda question but my freind has this old 86 suzuki lt125 and he wanted me to ask ya's what he could do to it to make it faster he will do anything he is goning to get it boared out tuesday he stripped all the gears in it so we stripped it completly down and anything he can do to the motor he will

300exOH
02-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Look into HMF for a 250ex pipe. I wouldn't go with the FMF megamax. For the money there are much better exhausts. Can't help with the lt125 though.

2muchquad
02-28-2005, 11:40 AM
look at a dennis kirk catolg,i think they sell a cobra exhaust for your buddy's lt125.if not then you can DEFINATELY get a supertrapp universal muffler to slip on the stock headpipe.with a lil'footwork,he should be able to find something.remove the airbox lid and rejet the carb while your in there.you can only get so much from a 125 2 valve 4 stroke.good luck to ya':cool:

400exrider707
02-28-2005, 01:40 PM
If he's willing to spend any amount of money on that then he is better off buying a new quad. Also if I was you I would look into a better exhaust for your 250. Your better off just spending a little more for a lot more in the long run. JMO

redexrider4290
02-28-2005, 02:16 PM
i was looking at HMF for a full system but i cant get a exhaust that is real loud do you know any that arent real loud or is the HMF not loud my freind cant get a new fourwheeler and he doesn't want one he is still paying off his polaris sportsman 600 and he just wants his 125 to ride wheelies and ride at the dust mill and jump (which isn't pretty cuz it doesn't have any shocks)

well any wat is the HMF loud or do you know any other full systems that have good gains but arent real loud

Cody_300ex
02-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by redexrider4290
i was looking at HMF for a full system but i cant get a exhaust that is real loud do you know any that arent real loud or is the HMF not loud my freind cant get a new fourwheeler and he doesn't want one he is still paying off his polaris sportsman 600 and he just wants his 125 to ride wheelies and ride at the dust mill and jump (which isn't pretty cuz it doesn't have any shocks)

well any wat is the HMF loud or do you know any other full systems that have good gains but arent real loud

HMF has hella good gains but the downside to that is they are pretty loud! My HMF is very loud, but its not a annoying loud like a DG or Cobra. A HMF quiet core inst but 25$ extra and I heard they quite them down quit a bit.

Kyle_Racer_31
02-28-2005, 05:03 PM
I got a HMF on my 250 and it sounds and runs good....The magamax is a ok pipe......but the HMF is the best IMO

RideRed250ex
02-28-2005, 05:11 PM
White bros E-Series-As long as you leave the discs and block off plate in the exhaust, the white bros e-series isnt really loud. (its still much louder than stock which every aftermarket pipe is) You can also find the full exhaust if you want to I believe. I think the header runs around 115.

As for the 125 he can send the motor into an engine shop and bore it port & polish and the goodies. But even with that I would not expect much out of the 125. Pipe (if you can find one), airfilter, removed lid (if it has one), Jets. bout the same you do to a regular quad.

redexrider4290
03-01-2005, 05:39 PM
thanks for the info my freind just brought his engine to the shop to get it boared out and he might change the gearing after that he is also geting a pipe (the loudest one he can find) and maybe a new cam

how much louder than stock is the hmf with the qiuet core in it and does the hmf have a low -deep sound and how hard is it to take the qiuet core off and do you have to rejet if you put it in then out