PDA

View Full Version : Lake Whitney GNC -- Mud Race!

RedRacer44
02-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Check out these pics after my qualifier on saturday....

RedRacer44
02-27-2005, 09:54 PM
another.....

vasura450
02-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Wow have fun washing all that mud off. lol
Post up any more pics you got!

Tony

roostin_dale
02-28-2005, 12:10 PM
yea saturday sucked...I finished 2nd in the qualifier though....:)

insaneracin2003
02-28-2005, 12:16 PM
i was out there,i was helping the lil 50 and 70 kids get out of the mud......them parents didnt help at all

team_450_88
02-28-2005, 02:54 PM
lol I saw u dude...you told me it wasnt worth it when i was headin to tha line..I kno wut u look like now...lol well halfway cause u was covered in mud !!

zephead400ex
02-28-2005, 02:58 PM
haha, looks like dirty fun! How did Kara look after her race?:devil: I wanna see pics girl!

insaneracin2003
02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
i have one pic of her after the race but i have to get them developed then scanned.....

416exmx
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by team_450_88
lol I saw u dude...you told me it wasnt worth it when i was headin to tha line..I kno wut u look like now...lol well halfway cause u was covered in mud !!

What class did you run? I was there on a 450r #227

RedRacer44
02-28-2005, 05:22 PM
HAHA! Thats crazy that it was you, the people you run into is just nuts. Heh, it wasnt worth it. I ended up frying my stator so the bike wont run no longer than a few minutes after it gets warmed up. Gotta replace that this week.....

I ran 265 C and Production C, #441 on a 450R. I qualified for 265 C but didnt get to race my Prod. C class 'cause of the bike problems and in turn didnt get to race on Sunday.

All in all, it was a horrible weekend :mad:

roostin_dale
02-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
What class did you run? I was there on a 450r #227

:) we bought some race gas off of you!

I also had a horrible weekend..

here is my weekend story...

Heading out thursday afternoon, we get about 10 miles and the trailer lights dont work, after checking fuses and wiring, we were over an hour late leaving the house...

We pulled in friday (after 1,000 miles of driving)...and this was the start of a bad weekend.. The first problem we had was getting a pit in all the mud. Also the arm pump that night from practice, I was outta shape. Then friday night, I had to put on an Elka rear shock in the pitch dark with 2 flashlights...(kara came up and talked to me while I was in the process)...

Saturday I woke up pissed, it was raining and i knew it was gunna be a mudbath, the first 2 motos were ok then it was a mud bog for everyone else. I was the 15th moto so it was very bad when i got up. So in the qualifier I had to loose my goggles by the second turn. My eyes were filled with mud! But after getting stuck, stalling, and hardly making it up the face of a jump, I finished the qualifier in 2nd! I actually won the race but with all the scoring problems I settled with 2nd. At first they had me listed with a DNF, so i protested along with 8 other people just in my class! We stood up there for 2 hours in the rain trying to figure out scores...

Sunday, woke up and the track was GREAT but everything else was muddy and flooded. Get to the line for my moto...Arms, back , and neck are extremely sore, to the point i can hardly move. Anyways, I pulled 3rd place outta the hole shot....I got passed on the 2nd lap and was back to 4th....On the final lap, I got my rear end clipped and i got knocked off the track, I got stuck in the mud and was unable to pull it out and DNF'd, even the utility quad could harldy pull me out....if it wasnt for that i had 3rd overall.....I was extremely pissed and I still am...

All in all, I had a blast this weekend, except for the racing...

iceracer65
02-28-2005, 09:44 PM

FourFiftyFour
03-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
Check out these pics after my qualifier on saturday....

hey i see my truck in that pic :D

FourFiftyFour
03-01-2005, 07:17 AM
this was already posted somewhere else but ill post it again in case others didnt see where i had posted it

When we were waiting in the pits, it started raining quite a bit.... the track got sloppier and sloppier. I have not ever had to ride or race on muddy tracks, b/c locally the tracks will just cancel the race or practice, so I was definitely in for a learning experience. When we took off from the gates, I slid a little sideways (Kenda Klaws dont like the mud..lol) and then lost a lot of traction and got a full blast of muddy roost. I then took both hands off the quad in the middle of the straight away and took off my goggles (no tear offs or anything) and then pinned it trying to catch up with everyone. I ended up in 8th out of 17 the first moto. Everytime I would try to pass or pick up speed, my helmet visor would go down in front of my eyes and I had to lift the helmet up either by holding my head way back or shrugging my shoulders a lot. It was pretty much, who got good traction and who didnt get stuck..lol

Sunday's moto started out great, I was in 4th place in the holeshot, and was right behind the top 3 riders, I felt like I was going to run strong. Then all of a sudden the quad lurched and died it would not start for over a minute straight... I had no idea what went on. Finally the quad started back up and I finished another lap feeling completely frustrated bc of the bad luck I had gotten and wondering what made my quad do that. I came to find out that I was hit from the back and it creased my silencer shut and made the engine die out. What are the odds of that? oh well its racing...

roostin- I saw what had happened in your final moto, it was a shame, and I know how it feels bc I had my own share of bad luck and a DNF in the second moto :(

heres a pic of the silencer and ill have other pics in a couple days

zephead400ex
03-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Kara, your rearend was violated! I want names!:)

Seriously though, tough break! I've never heard of that happening, but like you said, that's racing! So are you just going to fix the silencer or buy a new one?

FourFiftyFour
03-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Kara, your rearend was violated! I want names!:)

Seriously though, tough break! I've never heard of that happening, but like you said, that's racing! So are you just going to fix the silencer or buy a new one?

im going to have to get a whole new exhaust system....the head pipe is bent and the silencer is totally trashed.....the bad thing is, i have to find something before this weekend

i might have to run some crappy stock exhaust in the race this weekend and then look for aftermarket exhaust

zephead400ex
03-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
im going to have to get a whole new exhaust system....the head pipe is bent and the silencer is totally trashed.....the bad thing is, i have to find something before this weekend

i might have to run some crappy stock exhaust in the race this weekend and then look for aftermarket exhaust

:ermm:

(Act like you've never seen these)http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/flowers4u.gif

FourFiftyFour
03-01-2005, 08:30 AM
:ermm:

(Act like you've never seen these)http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/flowers4u.gif

yeah if i have to use my stock silencer, it will be total crap

but i guess running stock wont be too bad for a weekend or so until i find an aftermarket slip on :scary:

here i am battling in the mud

zephead400ex
03-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Guess it's better than nothing at all! Best of luck to you!

You know what you should do?...is come to the dunes with us on the 18th! It's not quite a muddy, but sand does get in about every crevice of your quad and body!...I love it!:D

FourFiftyFour
03-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Guess it's better than nothing at all! Best of luck to you!

You know what you should do?...is come to the dunes with us on the 18th! It's not quite a muddy, but sand does get in about every crevice of your quad and body!...I love it!:D

after spending hundreds at this race and hundreds with this exhaust system i now need......i wont have any money to go to the dunes for a long time :( someday i will make it out there........

zephead400ex
03-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Well you need to get your taxes done and use that damn return for your damn dune trip!

...what other excuses are you going to pull outta the bag? haha, jp!

FourFiftyFour
03-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Well you need to get your taxes done and use that damn return for your damn dune trip!

...what other excuses are you going to pull outta the bag? haha, jp!

LOL im not getting any tax returns!

insaneracin2003
03-01-2005, 10:30 AM
dayum Kara,i was wondering what happened to you after you went into the back of the track.i seen ya in 4th then i was like wtf,where is she.then there goes the top three again and here ya come.i was mad,you coulda hung with the top 3 i know it....!!!

FourFiftyFour
03-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
dayum Kara,i was wondering what happened to you after you went into the back of the track.i seen ya in 4th then i was like wtf,where is she.then there goes the top three again and here ya come.i was mad,you coulda hung with the top 3 i know it....!!!

yeah.....i was so bummed out, i worked so hard to get there, did a lot of running to get in shape, saved the money which took forever, and then the case of bad luck hit me right when things were going right in the middle of the 2nd moto. o well, maybe next time the bad luck will stay away from me

outacontrol31
03-01-2005, 11:52 AM
well i did alright, i signed up in the open B, and the 16-24 age class, what are the odds that both of them would be cancelled on saturday, and all i would have to do is ride on sunday, haha i never even had to get out in that muddy crap, but i still got alot from the pits, anyways I wasn't on my quad, cause it's still in the shop, but i got like 8th outa the holeshot in the open B, then in 3 laps got up to 3rd, i was right behind 2nd and 1st, and on my quad, i think that class wouldn't be much of a problem, then in the 16-24 i pulled 2nd in the holeshot, got passed and was in 4th pretty quick, then pulled a crazy pass round the outside of a 180- turn, ran in 3rd till the last straight stretch right before the finish line, and came over that huge roller double thing, and hit 2nd place in the back cause i didn't see that he was stalled or going real slow, fell off the quad, and got right back on, but was in 11th before i could get the beast started and running, but it's all good, i be running the whole series and i have 3 drops in that class, so i'm gonna be on the gas at florida, and hopefully on my quad, look out for the orange 450 R, it's gonna be sweet

o ya and props to my bro on the orange 300 in the youth production, he took home 4th, and brandon, who's on the orange and blue crf on our team, took home 1st in the 16-24, and 2nd in 265 B

RedRacer44
03-01-2005, 12:17 PM
We are going up to the dunes on the 11th, I'm so ready to go! Then the weekend after that, Round 1 of TQRA, going to be a good spring break!

I gotta get a new stator though first, dammit! Dang mud/water, never going to go through that again.....it wasnt worth it at all. Lot of $$$ wasted on this past weekend, heh, still kinda POed about the whole deal!

:grr:

roostin_dale
03-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick

roostin- I saw what had happened in your final moto, it was a shame

did you see me get mad and start punching my quad? Oh man, i was yellin so loud...i think the track crew got scared. That 3rd place overall fell right out of my hands.....

416exmx
03-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
:) we bought some race gas off of you!

Yeah, your dad took us to get water a time or to also. My buddy was the one that came over and talked to you and was always talking to your dad. He rode our mini aroud most of the day. I was always going to come over and say hey, but was either busy(washing mud) or you guys were not around.

I hope FL is better than what TX was.

team_450_88
03-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
Yeah, your dad took us to get water a time or to also. My buddy was the one that came over and talked to you and was always talking to your dad. He rode our mini aroud most of the day. I was always going to come over and say hey, but was either busy(washing mud) or you guys were not around.

I hope FL is better than what TX was.

you gonna be in Florida? Ill be there...hopefully this time ill get my moneys worth

416exmx
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by team_450_88
you gonna be in Florida? Ill be there...hopefully this time ill get my moneys worth

Yeah, we are planning on going. I will be glad when the far away ones are done. Besides Fl and NY, the other ones are all under 10hrs

Kyle_Racer_31
03-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Any Of You Guys or Gals Know Cale Downen...He Won The Four Stroke A Class....Hes One Of our Buddys In Southern Illinois.....Or Byant Rister...Four Stroke A

FourFiftyFour
03-01-2005, 07:10 PM
did you see me get mad and start punching my quad? Oh man, i was yellin so loud...i think the track crew got scared. That 3rd place overall fell right out of my hands.....

yeah i saw it....trust me i knew how u were feeling bc i had something similar happen to me :(

it was great to finally meet u tho! :)

A4StrokeGuy
03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Sure glad i got talked out of not going, was hoping to run 4-5 nat. but things change i guess. Red bud is only 3 months away:ermm:

TCracin440ex
03-01-2005, 08:50 PM

you know they prescribe drugs for that kinda anger problem...why dont you hit something that hits back....J/k

what happened??