PDA

View Full Version : poor starting 300ex

ProComp
02-27-2005, 05:35 PM
I can kill a battery trying to get my 300ex started. This quad is new to me and I can't figure out the correct starting procedure. Most 4 strokes I have had always like full choke on the cold start.

Any feedback as to how others start would be appreciated.

ZSK
02-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Depending on how cold it is, you might not have to use the choke. On my old 300, I never could. It was all throttle work. Same with my 400. I don't use the choke and just use the throttle to start it. Check your jetting also. If it's too rich you're probably flooding it on start up.

standardryder
02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
i have a 300ex and if i start it with the choke on it will stall after about a minuet. and wont run with it on. so i usually start it with the choke on then turn it off after about 10 seconds or so.

ProComp
03-01-2005, 07:55 AM
I tried with no choke and it started up pretty good. You can't touch the throttle until it warms up a little or it stalls. If I put the choke on very slight, it works a little better. Thanks for the help.
My 350 Yamaha starts right up and runs on full choke until I turn it off and there parked right beside each other in the garage. Strange how different quads react different.