PDA

View Full Version : New Mobil 1 fried my motor

Rico
02-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Not..............:blah:

I"m using the new mobil 1 advanced tech oil that has the friction modifiers in it. Some of you might have read where I was told it will work just fine AS LONG AS YOU HAVE HEAVIER clutch springs, which I do. I have a Sparks 8 plate kit with HD springs.

Well today I rode for about 2.5 hours pretty much none stop and I had no problems what so ever. The riding conditions were pretty slick, muddy and like ice in some areas and I had no problems pulling the front wheels up hammerin thru the gears...:bandit: Maybe it'll take more time for the clutch to start slipping but to be honest I dont' think it will. I dont' think it'll slip at all and I think my motor and clutch will be in better shape now more than ever before.

If the clutch does take a chit I"ll let everyone know so that I don't mislead anyone, but I doubt it will happen. I know of some top riders that have been running oil like this with a wet clutch system for years and guess what. They win races and don't have engine problems.

For those that are still skeeert about using this oil don't think your clutch is going to fry and catch fire. The worst that will happen is you have to replace some plates. I"m willing to bet my plates will last EVEN longer now with the new oil with friction modifiers and I have NO intentions on using anything esle...:muscle:

See ya at the finish line......:devil:

nosliw
02-27-2005, 05:27 PM
so it's a fact that it will fry if you have a stock clutch? no question?

Rico
02-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
so it's a fact that it will fry if you have a stock clutch? no question?

I can't say YES for certain. I"ve never ran it with a stock clutch but I was informed that it might not be a good idea. New heavier springs might cost $20 at the most and about 30 minutes time you can have the springs swapped out and run the oil and know your in good hands..

Worst case senario if you did run it with stock springs and it did slip. Do the above and your back in business with no harm done.

98red
02-27-2005, 05:53 PM
JUST put AMSOIL in it and RIDE!!!!

Rico
02-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by 98red
JUST put AMSOIL in it and RIDE!!!!

2 stroke amsoil won't work....:blah:

UglyMotha™
02-28-2005, 07:04 AM
if it was goin to take the clutch out you woulda known, I stupidly put valvoline maxlife in my engine on one of my changes didn't even think it would have friction modifiers in it since it was not a synthetic, fried my clutch within a few hours, i got home and was reading on the back, turned out to have friction modifers in it

Rico
02-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
if it was goin to take the clutch out you woulda known, I stupidly put valvoline maxlife in my engine on one of my changes didn't even think it would have friction modifiers in it since it was not a synthetic, fried my clutch within a few hours, i got home and was reading on the back, turned out to have friction modifers in it

What kinda clutch you runnin ugly??? I can't remember, refresh my memory please...:scary:

UglyMotha™
02-28-2005, 11:19 AM
stocker :o

its never had a problem pulling my small arse around plus i don't think there's any better fibers on the market, after i get the new beast built i'm goin to put in laz's 8 plate setup

Rico
02-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
stocker :o

For shame. I don't think I'll ever look at ya the same man.....:chinese:

UglyMotha™
02-28-2005, 02:56 PM
:o If it ain't broke don't fix it :eek: LMAO