PDA

View Full Version : HELP. 2nd gear noise

Crserb80
02-27-2005, 01:46 PM
OK, i have a clicking noise in JUST second gear. All other gears are fine but its a dull ticking/clicking noise when i hit second gear.

Is this my internal gears? How do I replace these and where can I buy them?? Can i do this myself? How much will this cost me?

THanks, Jamie

enduro400rider
02-27-2005, 02:07 PM
if it starts making a clicking sound when you really start to get on it hard its most likely that you are running to low of an octane gas, listen carefully through the rest of the gears to see if it still makes it throught them to when you are running it hard, drain the gas you have in the tank and fill it up with some high octane like 93, it will also help the bike run cooler

Crserb80
02-27-2005, 08:43 PM
No, its not the gas at all.

Its a plain as day clicking sound JUST in second gear......any speed in second gear. As soon as I hit third its fine, no noise at all. I have listened to all the gears several times and no noise in other gears, just second.

What does changing gears involve? cost, how to, can i do it myself?

THanks, Jamie

Crserb80
02-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Someone give me some help here?!?!?!

PLEASE!

enduro400rider
02-28-2005, 05:50 PM
if you have to change the gear you will probably have to split the case which is somthing not many non machanic people should do unless you have done it or have someone help you who has been through it before. the part is not really expensive its the labor thats going to be the big money ask your local honda shop for an estimate on replacing the 2nd gear,