PDA

View Full Version : New Track in NW Indiana???

rdr55
02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Who thinks a new track in NW Indiana would be a hit?? Located between Merrillville and Valpo just south of Rt 30. A group of us are conteplating building a motocross track in this area possibly this summer. Were talking a 30-40 acre motocross facility with a advanced track and a possible beginner track on the side, lighting so riding doesn't have to end at sunset and the future goal of an indoor track for winter riding. We would have ample parking and an onsite shop for service, repairs and race support needs with a full parts department of aftermarket parts. All input and help will be greatly appreciated as currently our main concern is the design and building of the track itself. This is all being put together at this moment to determine whether or not to go through with this plan. Thanks for your interest and support.

blaze#52
02-27-2005, 03:45 PM
sound good, i know that there was talk of that in the Lowell area, TT, MX track. i do not know what the status of that is. There is a track in kingsbury, non AMA it is nice attracts a different crowd comparded to the AMA tracks. I know it is getting to be less places to ride over that way, i think it would be great

Dust_1503
02-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Sounds great to me the more tracks up here the better, esp the more quad friendly ones!

figair
02-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Hell ya I am in....Would even like to be part of it...:D

TORO1968
02-27-2005, 08:07 PM
If you build it...we will come. :D

rdr55
02-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by blaze#52
sound good, i know that there was talk of that in the Lowell area, TT, MX track. i do not know what the status of that is. There is a track in kingsbury, non AMA it is nice attracts a different crowd comparded to the AMA tracks. I know it is getting to be less places to ride over that way, i think it would be great

I like the Kingsbury track, been there a few times, the 2 front doubles are awesome to jump. I'm goin to get a hold of him to ask him some questions about his track and get some ideas.

nwi45
02-28-2005, 08:28 PM
I think it would be a huge hit. I would definitly be hittin it up. I live about 10 minutes from Lowell :) Anyone on here from NW Indiana have any private tracks that you'd let me ride at? :D

Bendigen
03-02-2005, 06:47 PM
It would be so cool to have an all year/time track in this part of Indiana. There are almost no tracks around here.

mx400
03-02-2005, 07:31 PM
i think if indy actually had a real mx track like it used to would be awesome. i have been out of the game for awhile but we don't have any more besides haspen(blah dont get me started).