PDA

View Full Version : 450r pros/cons???

atvtrailer
02-27-2005, 10:38 AM
what are the pros and cons of a 450r?, the kickstart is a pro for me because i dont like electric start, im mainly look to see if there are any cons on the 450r over the yfz450.

SaYwAt!?
02-27-2005, 11:16 AM
well agian its wat u want and wat riding u do. lol. But i chose the 450R because of the suspension. soo it has a little less power than the yfz but that can be easily fixed. i had no problem keepin up with him at the dunes. little bit cheaper lol. overall look of the quad, and 450R's have a lot of potential. sooo agian ur choice.

Andrew

atvtrailer
02-27-2005, 12:18 PM
i pretty much just do trail riding, may try a mx track in the future but not for a while

Killdmycobra
02-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by atvtrailer
what are the pros and cons of a 450r?, the kickstart is a pro for me because i dont like electric start, im mainly look to see if there are any cons on the 450r over the yfz450.

I rode my friend's yfz with similar mods to mine and i was not impressed. You have to rev the piss out of the thing to make power, and my trx beat his every race, from a roll and a dig. The TRX makes so much low end torque in comparison. I almost bought the YFZ, but i now i am glad that i chose red.

Jeff

DirtDevilBT
02-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by atvtrailer
i pretty much just do trail riding, may try a mx track in the future but not for a while

You just answered your own question! 450R man, I chose it just for that reason and at the end of the day I am happy with what I got. I have no trouble with yfz's, I don't beat them every time but that's just part of it. The R is much more forgiving on the body aswell.

SaYwAt!?
02-28-2005, 04:38 PM
either way u will love the quad u have just cause its yours lol. :rolleyes: , but im glad i got the 450R. but the 450r is good all around. So, if u want to dune go dune, want to mx go mx lol.

Andrew