PDA

View Full Version : wuts wrong with my dog

400exrules
02-27-2005, 09:47 AM
I have a 12 year old black lab, and i was just out in my backyard and hes actin really weird. Hes spinnin in circles and sniffin at his but, like something hurtin him. And no hes not tryin to take a crap. He'll sit down and then smell the grass where he sat down, and the whole time hes makin a whinin noise. and hes kinda chattering his jaw too, like clickin his teeth together like a person does when their really cold. And hes not paying attention to me or any commands i give either, which is strange. does anyone know wuts wrong with him?

ny300exrider
02-27-2005, 09:56 AM
im no dog expert but id say bring him to the vet asap!

LTandRaptorider
02-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Does your dog have any problems getting up or laying down? Not sure if Labs are prone to arthritis... my husky has developed that over the last couple years... will sometimes walk in circles and whine while laying down. Remember, dog is man's best friend... take yours to a vet and get it checked out. good luck, hope everything turns out ok. ;)

bansheeguy77
02-27-2005, 10:03 AM
this is disgusting i know but my dog goes for a haircut/bath every 6 weeks and when he gets that there is a gland like right inside his butt hole. and that gets full or something i guess and it needs drained. that solves most of the butt dragging and other stuff involving it. but as far as the other stuff that doesnt sound too good. i would definately get him checked out.

hondardr4life
02-27-2005, 10:06 AM
12yrs on a lab is getting kind of old. Our old black lab lived to be 13, and then he had a stroke and lost use of his back legs, so we had to put him down. Now we have another black lab who I think is 7 or 8. I'm not exactly sure, but I do know that he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, and he has the artheritis problem. But you get what you pay for, h eonly costed $100. We also have a yellow lab who is almost 2. The best advice I could give for labs, is to find one with a good pedigree, hers is very good, and she is one of the smartest dogs I have ever seen. I definetly would take your dog to the vet though.

cool 300ex
02-27-2005, 10:14 AM
My dog was always draggin his but and trying to bite at it when he had flee's. So we took him and got him flee dipped and it solved his problem.

APK400exRacer
02-27-2005, 10:19 AM
He has an infection, take him to the vet and get it straightended out.

Stunt Crew<-_->
02-27-2005, 10:20 AM
if hes that old (which was how old my lab was) he might uv had a stroke, that will mess them up in the head so we had to put him down

Punk'd
02-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah im guessing he has an infection or maybe even flees. Give him a bath n if that doesnt help take him to the vet! Goodluck man I hate when dogs get old:( I have a 13 year old golden retriever and hes the best dog ever never barks or bites when people come over he is always there to greet them. Just a great dog goodluck man

Big400EX
02-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Since when did exriders, ATVRIDERS become a doctors hangout, theres 2 posts already about someone shaking to death, and no theres a dog whos spazzing out.

blueskyy
02-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Does he have worms? :huh :eek2:

Plante400
02-27-2005, 08:31 PM
maybe the neigbors dog owned his ***

hahhaa
sorry if that affends u

400exrules
02-27-2005, 08:32 PM
no the neighbors dog is a little bulldog thats like 30 pounds, and my lab is 105lbs. and hes the male

Plante400
02-27-2005, 08:45 PM
haha i guess its either not that or another neigborhood dog heh

MichaelS693
02-27-2005, 08:54 PM
he might have something "lodged(sp?)" in his hind end... it happened to one of my friends dogs and it was a pecan LOL!!!!!:D

Quad18star
02-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Labs are known to have hip problems . When he walks in circles , he might be trying to lay down or si , but the pain is just too much . Also he might have eaten something and it is stuck in his intestines ( which I think is the problem) .Has the dog had a crap lately ?? But I am no expert ... take the dog to the vet to get checked out ASAP !!!!

400grl
02-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Sounds like he ate something, and he's having problems pooping it out......maybe something sharp.....??? My dog did that a few times......one time is was a feather that was about a foot long!! LOL!!

Hope you find out what's wrong with your pooch.:(

sharkinthepool
02-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Does he chew stuff up?

If so he might have something caught! Could just be a hair bothering his hole, or he might be trying to pass a worm or parasite of some kind.

It could always be his glands. But hey man that is your bud, better get him to the vet and get him looked at.

PHAT400
02-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
this is disgusting i know but my dog goes for a haircut/bath every 6 weeks and when he gets that there is a gland like right inside his butt hole. and that gets full or something i guess and it needs drained. that solves most of the butt dragging and other stuff involving it. but as far as the other stuff that doesnt sound too good. i would definately get him checked out.

:eek2: What he said... it is likely a glandular infection. It would likely need to be drained. Let a Vet do it..... that crap really stink's... no pun intended..

GET HIM TO A VET NOW!!!

Good luck dude.. don't let him suffer..

zephead400ex
02-28-2005, 01:59 PM
The sacs are really called Anal Sacs. Worms or tapeworms are also known to spread from the stomach or intestines to outside of the anus. Vet help is recommened.

Have you gotten the dog help yet?

PHAT400
02-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
The sacs are really called Anal Sacs. Worms or tapeworms are also known to spread from the stomach or intestines to outside of the anus. Vet help is recommened.

Have you gotten the dog help yet?

SOOOO anybody else hungry..?:huh

400exrules
02-28-2005, 02:17 PM
talked ot my mom she said its prob the anal glands and were gonna try to get him to the vet soon, my parents are too damn lazy and just dont care, so i have to bug them every 5 minutes to get them to take our damn animals to the vet.....its pathetic. My dad would rather have our dog suffering then have to spend money.........it sucks. If i had a truck i'd be at the vet right now

zephead400ex
02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
SOOOO anybody else hungry..?:huh

No, but I have a sudden urge to scratch my ***!:p

Cdaleracer
02-28-2005, 04:04 PM
i think its worms also

Cody_300ex
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Damn now we know what dog brian slept with! :(

Kyle_Racer_31
02-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Poor Dog.....Y The Dog Brain :p ;)

sloppyjoe
02-28-2005, 07:29 PM
you might want to try shootin it. larry the cable guy says that it helps the healin process!

FoxRacing81
02-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Man that sucks! I hope your dog is alright.

I have a golden retriever and he is the best dog ever! He cracks me up all the time, and is the most friendly dog I have met in my life! He's about 7-8years old. I hope he lasts another 7 years. I couldn't imagine what I would do once he's gone. I would want another dog, but no dog could be the same as him.

I hope everything works out for you!

SGA
02-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Things like blood, guts, dead things dont bother me a bit.
BUT.......When the vet cleared my chows anal glands, I turned a bit green. That smell.. oh god. It would bring a strong man to his knees:scary:

Bush0102
02-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Things like blood, guts, dead things dont bother me a bit.
BUT.......When the vet cleared my chows anal glands, I turned a bit green. That smell.. oh god. It would bring a strong man to his knees:scary:

i feel sorry for vets sometimes...they deal with some of the nastiest stuff.