PDA

View Full Version : best clutch for a 400ex

nelson440
02-27-2005, 07:54 AM
hey jsut wonderin wut would be the best clutch for a 400ex that is hopped up alot...curtis sparks 8 plate clutch, barnett?? post ur preferences...

cals400ex
02-27-2005, 02:10 PM
most prefer sparks, gt thunder, or hinson products.

397ccEX
02-27-2005, 04:22 PM
how much do they run and is there any advantage over stock besides endures alot more

cals400ex
02-28-2005, 10:35 AM
you get a lot more slipping capabilities out of the clutch. many say it helps get the power to the ground. my sparks cost $130 or $140 which comes will all steel and fiber plates along with heavy duty springs. this doesn't seem expensive to me.

blue416ex
02-28-2005, 10:40 AM
i use vesrah clutches with barnett dirt digger springs with ecerything else stock and just adjust the cable and stuff i replace them about every month or 2 whether they are good or not dont want any problems to occur how long do the hiunson clutches and sparks setups last im interested in getting one but would like to hear some feedback on them first

Rico
02-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by blue416ex
i use vesrah clutches with barnett dirt digger springs with ecerything else stock and just adjust the cable and stuff i replace them about every month or 2 whether they are good or not dont want any problems to occur how long do the hiunson clutches and sparks setups last im interested in getting one but would like to hear some feedback on them first

I"ve been running a sparks 8 plate kit for over a year with a hinson basket and it works as good as it did on day one.

Cheap oil and non frequent oil changes lead to plate wear also..:cool:

blue416ex
02-28-2005, 11:22 AM
which type og oil should i use i only use the stuff from the local krauzers up the road but i change it like every weekif not more often so should i get a good klotz oil and change it like every 2 ore 3 weeks its expensive i hear i think i heard it was 15 a quart not sure though dont quote me on that price or is the bel ray thumper oil good ? this is my first 4 stroke owning so im kind of a nweb to the 4 stroke world only ridden 2 strokes banshees / blaster what should use ??:confused:

cals400ex
02-28-2005, 09:48 PM
i have had my sparks clutch for probably 3 years. i just looked at the fibers and they still look new. i don't see how or why your replacing it every month or two. the stock ones worked great in my bike when i had it. i just decided to upgrade.

i don't think the klotz oil is near that much. i would say no more than $7 or $8 a quart. that is a guess. i never used it but most aren't more than this.

nelson440
03-01-2005, 05:11 PM
i just bought a barnett dirt digger clutch...how well do u think those will work?