PDA

View Full Version : im designing my trx tell me wat u think so far

trxboyam16
02-26-2005, 10:14 PM
im thinking about buying a black trx and putting this stuff on it let me no wat u guys think.

bling star bumper
axis lt shocks all around
dual rate axis lt on back with lone star linkage
sparks aggressive drop in cam
sparks x6 exaust
douglas rims all around
gibson mx lt front end
gibson steering stablizer
gibson +1 stem
mxr4 holeshots all around
lsr axcaliber axle with sprocket hub
lsr lt outlaw swing arm
quad teck carbon fiber hood
tag x5 bars

anything else u guys think i should add
thanks for the help

mikes450r
02-26-2005, 10:22 PM
all sounds good except the sparks stuff..

kahuna4
02-26-2005, 11:05 PM
what's wrong sparks

mikes450r
02-27-2005, 09:30 AM
its not as good as everyone thinks it is..

tdsongster
02-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Have you thought about the fassst bars? The Vortex CDI is very cool to, you can change ignition curves by flicking a switch mounted on the handlebars.

Gabriel Racing
02-27-2005, 11:13 AM
id get yellow or red hiper rims.

trxboyam16
02-27-2005, 11:44 AM
well i have 10 grand to drop into it so i wanna make it right so wat would u guys do with 10 grand with a brand new trx in front of u

Syrus
02-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Look at wat the pro's have for their setup, should give u a good idea on what to go with. But everyones different, go with what you truast and think its good for what you do.

Punk'd
02-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Sounds nice so far and personally I kinda like Sparks. But give Yosh a good look to:D

Killdmycobra
02-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Sparks is a bunch of hype. Stage 2 cam from Hot cams is where it is at. get a Pulse charger or HMF full system.

Jeff

Thump_It
02-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Do you have 10 grand to spend after you buy the bike? I'd definately go with the HMF pipe, and stage 2 hotcams. I would also look into a 13:1 piston, FCR carb and CRF ignition. As for the Gibson a-arms, I would get the Lonestar DC4's. They are cheaper than the Gibson's and they look burly as hell. As for the other stuff it sounds like you are well on your way to a nice bike. Good luck.

02-27-2005, 12:57 PM
the sparks stuff is good i have it and like it alot, but i would get a Rossier pipe, make more hp and torque then the pc, and they are a good price to.

the_hulkamaniac
02-27-2005, 01:17 PM
I would go with the HRC kit and a 13-1 piston (Johnson 400-375 if you have $300 just for a cam), you can run pump gas as long as it's fresh. Drop the Stabilizer, if you need to make you the diff. Also if on a budget try the HMF or Rossier full system, some recent "shoot outs" (I am not trying to turn this into a pi$$ing match) showed them to be good, and inexpensive.

As for a-arms JD, Houser, Laeger w/ball joints are very good, I prefer the lower ball joint to the gullwing. Personal perferance!

Fasst bars are the bomb! Expensive but nothing else like them!

I don't know much about Gibsons,but the LRS stem is on my 250r I really like it, also available in +1 forward.

FRC carb is very nice $350 from service honda and $65 for the adaptor from noss machine.

The vortex is good, not a procomp or the like keep you 3d mapping.

With 10G you will be able to make a nice quad! Just remember red onse are faster

:D :D

trxboyam16
02-27-2005, 01:58 PM
ya i will have 10 grand after i buy the trx, iv never road a quad with an lt front end but i deffinetly think im going to get the flex bars, and the hipers, and deffinetly a cdi now, with a nice carb, any other things to make it look and perform better let me no i have a week before i go and order everything

the_hulkamaniac
02-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I thought I mentioned the Pulse Charger, but didn't say that it's a bit more expensive than others. I have one along with a Yoshi Ti pro, I much perfer the PC.

Knowing your budget it tight the HMF or Rossier if it helps keep you on budget, if not the PC.

The Rossier and PC have very good power with out be to loud, if noise is a concern.

Jersey450R
02-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by trxboyam16
im thinking about buying a black trx and putting this stuff on it let me no wat u guys think.

bling star bumper
axis lt shocks all around
dual rate axis lt on back with lone star linkage
sparks aggressive drop in cam
sparks x6 exaust
douglas rims all around
gibson mx lt front end
gibson steering stablizer
gibson +1 stem
mxr4 holeshots all around
lsr axcaliber axle with sprocket hub
lsr lt outlaw swing arm
quad teck carbon fiber hood
tag x5 bars

anything else u guys think i should add
thanks for the help

i think your talking a bunch of chit man.

trxboyam16
02-27-2005, 03:27 PM
i like the sparks pipe alot never used it but its always good to try new things. do u think i will ahve a nice quad for 10 grand. is that normaly were all the wicked sweet ones pice rage is at. im looking to keep this 1 for a while.

trxboyam16
02-27-2005, 03:28 PM
hahaha once it done ill show u the pics man.lol hahaha thats mad funny

TrX450rKiD
02-27-2005, 05:01 PM
bling star bumper -- good
axis lt shocks all around -- I wouldn't go LT .. more $$ .. not much more performance
dual rate axis lt on back with lone star linkage -- same as above
sparks aggressive drop in cam -- HRC Cam
sparks x6 exaust -- Pulse Charger
douglas rims all around -- good
gibson mx lt front end -- same as above .. LT not worth it
gibson steering stablizer -- good
gibson +1 stem -- good
mxr4 holeshots all around -- good
lsr axcaliber axle with sprocket hub -- good
lsr lt outlaw swing arm -- good
quad teck carbon fiber hood -- good
tag x5 bars -- if you are spending that much .. why not go for the best? If you don't want to spend that much on Flexx .. at least get the Tag T2's

I would also get the Dynatek CDI when it comes out (tested by many respected engine guru's and said to be best out there) .. and you should look into a high comp piston .. why dump all this cash into it and leave the engine almost stock? Get a 13.5:1 JE.

-The Kid's $.02-

Ridin' Jesse
02-27-2005, 05:18 PM
how bout a pic too? :D

dirtriderex
02-27-2005, 05:30 PM
I'd get the Sparks pipe, hipers on razrs, cycra handgaurd, IMS tank, roll design steering stem, dura blue axle

tdsongster
02-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Do you know who is going to supply all of this for you yet? Send a list to C&D racing and see if anyone's prices are better. Especially since you are making a large purchase.

Just a suggestion...

Yeah, lets see some pics of the beast...

mikes450r
02-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
I'd get the Sparks pipe, hipers on razrs, cycra handgaurd, IMS tank, roll design steering stem, dura blue axle

just wondering why you suggest the sparks pipe. any reason other than the name.

trxboyam16
02-27-2005, 06:09 PM
k&K are making me this quad i went there the other day with my buddies and my dad and the owner helped me make the quad to wat i want it to be im going back next week to give them the 6500 for the trx. but from wat iv herd K&K is a very good store. I was looking at the piston and i have it on my quote but you have to use race fuel to go along with it, unless there is 1 that doesnt need the race fuel.

theTman
02-27-2005, 06:10 PM
K&K is awsome....sounds like your gonna have a nice quad...make sure to post pics!!

mikes450r
02-27-2005, 06:14 PM
k&K are making me this quad i went there the other day with my buddies and my dad and the owner helped me make the quad to wat i want it to be im going back next week to give them the 6500 for the trx. but from wat iv herd K&K is a very good store. I was looking at the piston and i have it on my quote but you have to use race fuel to go along with it, unless there is 1 that doesnt need the race fuel.

so your paying 6500 for just the quad. or is that for the parts

trxboyam16
02-27-2005, 06:16 PM
im paying 6500 for a black trx and they are buying a brand new 1 from a dealer then in 2 or 3 weeks it should be done and i pay for all the parts and labor.

mikes450r
02-27-2005, 06:18 PM
you could probably save a close to a 1000 on that price by buying it else where...specially if your paying cash

trxboyam16
02-27-2005, 06:28 PM
i think its a pretty good deal i got a total of 30 brand new parts going on to a brand new bike. when i went in there the other day they had a very nice 450r on show, so i think they will give me a pretty nice quad after its all said and done

Jersey450R
02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
i'll beleive it when i see it man. why are you doing this to yourself, lol!

TrX450rKiD
02-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
Why Sparks?
Why get a bigger tank on a MX quad?
Durablue axles have the worst track record I have ever seen!

About the race gas .. you will be FINE with 12:1 compression if you get the HRC cam .. plenty of overlap.

-The Kid-

trxboyam16
02-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
i'll beleive it when i see it man. why are you doing this to yourself, lol!

u can think im not going to do it lol, but the only way its not going to happen is if some1 in my family gets sick or does sometihng stupid then the money would go towards them.

mikes450r
02-27-2005, 06:59 PM
if your going to pay 6500 for your trx. i will bet you get ripped off on the rest of the parts also. its one of two things either your very gullable or this will just never happen. If you have that money in cash and your still paying retail for everything then theres something wrong.

Kilabanshee
02-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Well I love the way my 450r is any my setup is similar. If I had to change anything It would be this.

Body/suspension
Walsh +3 lt a-arms/with axis shocks
Walsh +1 1/4 lt swingarm/ with axis shock
rpm +4 axle
Walsh +2 steering stem
Cr low bend bars
Denton steering stabilizer
rtc clutch and front break lever
18" rear holeshot mxr with hipers red ring
20" front holeshot mxf with hipers red ring
X factor pro peg nerfs
Duncan pumper

Engine
hmf/rossier exhaust
13.1 piston thermal coated
Hrc cam
K&N filter with precharger
k&N powerflow airbox lid
Porting/with valve job

Harkes2k
02-27-2005, 07:23 PM
I assure you this is for real... I was their on Friday when he went and his dad definetly has the money so its going to happen... ill make sure pics are posted when he has it in a few weeks...:D

trxboyam16
02-27-2005, 07:32 PM
hey kilabanshee how is your sparks pipe on your trx, your trx is pretty sick looking dude

the_hulkamaniac
02-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Ok I have rethought my opinion.

Shocks: Axis stay with them very good!

A-arms: Still Laeger, houser, JD, Walsh Style (Walsh uses heim joints at the frame which I don't like). If buying from K&K I think the Gib are fairly good.

Long Travel: I like my front's still waiting on the rear.

Stem: LSR / Gibsons like I said earlier I like my 250r stem, Gib?

CDI: I have a Vortex, Dyna is a while off but will be worth it.

Axle: LSR (cheaper) or RPM both are good, I must have missed where you said Durablue. Durabrake=bad!

Tyres and Wheels: Sound good

Pipe: Pulse Charger, HMF, Rossier all good performers! Base your choice on price! I don't know about a quality diff, but the PC is top notch.

LSR linkage? I don't know anything about it, but if they did there homework, and they have had the time to do it. It should be decent. I don't like all LSR stuff but alot is good.

Brake/Lock nut: The best is Baldwin, with it's steel sleeve.

Engine: 13-1 piston and HRC will be more powerful than a 12-1 and sparks cam. It will still run on race gas, just keep it fresh! Don't leave it around for a week or two! Pay for power.

If you can spend 10G on aftermarket why not take the plunge and go race gas?

1 place to save money is to have K&K do your engine work and you can swap the body parts yourself. If you are weary about going into you motor.

I wouldn't let K&K buy your quad there getting your discount! Save a few Hunderd shop around yourself. Then buy the accessories off K&K if so inclined! Have them install what you are not comfortable with, they can't get pi$$ed at you if your still willing to dump several G's with them. The dealer you find could install you HRC kit and piston for less. Just remember homework will save you money.

I don't know what else to say right now. Please ask more questions if you got'em.

swampfoxsc
02-27-2005, 08:09 PM
If his dad has $6500 to drop on an atv and $10000 to drop on parts....... saving a little by shopping around ain't a concern!

Do ya'll realize what you can do with $16500 in cash? Invest in stocks or any one of the money markets available and in a few years you'll be sitting on a nice pile of cash.

Obviously his dad is loaded. If that's the case, ditch the dealership and pay a professional builder to assemble your atv. The dealer will probably leave you with an "assembled" atv but not a properly tuned atv. You can afford it so call one of the many great atv builders and ask their opinion. You'll be leaps and bounds ahead of where you'll be if the dealer does the installation.

the yazer
02-27-2005, 09:03 PM
no I think he is for real i was in k&k buying my number plates and hood when he was in there with his dad and a bunch of kids looking at a trx on the floor................. must be nice to have daddys money

Harkes2k
02-27-2005, 09:14 PM
tell me about it....:rolleyes: :p

Dave400ex
02-27-2005, 10:05 PM
For MX the choice is really easy if you want the best, Walsh all around is the way to go. Get the Walsh A-Arms, Stem, Swingarm, and the Savior rear end setup. Then either Axis or Elka's. Run an RPM axle with a Baldwin Carrier and Anti-Fade. Streamline Brake lines and Blade rotors with DP brake pads. Hiper's all around. Sidewinder Chain/Sprockets. Works Connection clutch lever on Tag T2 bars. AC Bumper/Nerf Bars/Grab Bar. Quadtech Scooped Hood. TC or GT Thunder Motor work with full HMF exhaust. Hinson for clutch. Of course tons of Powdercoat/Chrome/Other coatings...

Seems to be the ultimate 450 to me. :devil:

roughrider01
02-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by the_hulkamaniac

I wouldn't let K&K buy your quad there getting your discount! Save a few Hunderd shop around yourself. Then buy the accessories off K&K if so inclined! Have them install what you are not comfortable with, they can't get pi$$ed at you if your still willing to dump several G's with them. The dealer you find could install you HRC kit and piston for less. Just remember homework will save you money.

I don't know what else to say right now. Please ask more questions if you got'em.

Very well said, have them do your engine and you do the chassis. Do yourself a favor and get a service manual and put your chassis components on yourself then grow into doing engine mods yourself. To me that is actually fun and you will learn how to work on your quad. It just makes you that much more familiar with the parts you have and if you ever need to adjust, tweek, tune etc a part it will be that much easier.

Jersey450R
02-28-2005, 04:27 AM
u can think im not going to do it lol, but the only way its not going to happen is if some1 in my family gets sick or does sometihng stupid then the money would go towards them.
dude, just give up man, stop the torture and go buy a stock quad and just ride it. :p

Kilabanshee
02-28-2005, 05:25 AM
hey kilabanshee how is your sparks pipe on your trx, your trx is pretty sick looking dude

The pipe is really loud! If you have d1ck head neighbors then make sure you get something not as loud. The pipe has a pretty nice mid-top end hit. If you happened to see the dyno run on 450r.org the hmf and rossier exhaust were the best for the 450r "horsepower" wise these two pipes around around 1-1.5 horsepower more then the sparks exhaust which is pretty minimal. If you like the sound and performance of sparks then just get the exhaust, dont me concerned on horsepower numbers.

Jersey450R
03-05-2005, 07:37 AM
so traxboy...., i figured ide bring the thread back for you so you can post your pics so far. c'mon man, post em!
we're all dying to see your 450 :devious:

dunebuggie66
03-05-2005, 08:58 AM
if i had 10 grand this is what i would do.
denton lt arms
elka elite lt front remote res. shocks
denton stem +1
wave rotors
hypers all around (whatever tires you like)
dg national bumper
whatever nerfs you like best
tag bars
graphic kit, seat cover
quad tech hood, with scoop
denton +1 swingarm
dominator axle
walsh gusset kit
powder coat
motor: nmotion 520 full race package, 41mm fcr, vortex cdi, hinson full clutch system, magura hydraulic clutch lever, k&n, nmotion big bore pipe,, get rid of all the wires you don't need to make her run.
elka dual rate elite with linkage in the rear.
i think that'll do it... this is all that i have done to my quad, it may be well over 10g's though.

sulnz450r
03-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Must be nice to have such a problem..... what to do with my 10 g's :rolleyes: If I had 10 g's to spend it wouldn't be on my 450 R (because it really doesn't need it, unless you are going pro or something ) hell , with 10 g's I could buy another 450 cam it do some mods and still have money for a party on the weekend !!:devil:

muddy400EX
03-05-2005, 10:49 AM
dang, a brand new 450r and 10 g's? i would prolly pass out from the excitment:o all i can say is to not get a pulse charger, i dont know why everybody thinks that there the chit, but i think they look stupid as hell, they look like a jet or something.

mikes450r
03-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
dang, a brand new 450r and 10 g's? i would prolly pass out from the excitment:o all i can say is to not get a pulse charger, i dont know why everybody thinks that there the chit, but i think they look stupid as hell, they look like a jet or something.

whats the point in running your mouth about the pc..you have probably never seen or felt the power that one makes..
maybe your mad that you can not afford one seeing as though your looking for a free yfz..

and no i do not own a pc..theres just no point is knocking an exhaust that you have never seen or used in person..

muddy400EX
03-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by mikes450r
whats the point in running your mouth about the pc..you have probably never seen or felt the power that one makes..
maybe your mad that you can not afford one seeing as though your looking for a free yfz..

and no i do not own a pc..theres just no point is knocking an exhaust that you have never seen or used in person..

oh ya man, i want one of them pulsechargers soooo bad so i can make my quad look fuggin retarded, why the hell would i want one of them? im not knockin, i didnt say they dont make power, and really, i could care less b/c i will never own one, im just sayin they look dumb, they look like a stocker with a chrome jet tip or sumthin. and also, you sound like an azzhole:)

mikes450r
03-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
all i can say is to not get a pulse charger, i dont know why everybody thinks that there the chit

who asked for your opinion about it anyway..you say not to get it because it doesnt look good to you..you cant just tell someone not to get it because you dont like the way it looks..Now if it didnt make any power that would be a different story..

muddy400EX
03-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by mikes450r
who asked for your opinion about it anyway..you say not to get it because it doesnt look good to you..you cant just tell someone not to get it because you dont like the way it looks..Now if it didnt make any power that would be a different story..

true, but to me exhaust is a big part of a quad and i would want it to look good. if PC would put a cap or something over the end and maybe make it chrome then i would buy one:)

PEPwalshZ440
03-06-2005, 08:25 AM
sounds sick to me

Harkes2k
03-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Should have it in a few weeks ladies... we dont see it until its done so you dont either :blah: