PDA

View Full Version : bogging after jumps?

standardryder
02-26-2005, 09:13 PM
ok me and some friend have these little jumps, about 4 feet tall with maybe a 6 foot gap. and if i hit it over and over again my quad starts bogging down when i hit the gas. and if i hit it hard enough it will eventually stall, after a minuet or two it gets back to normal. im thinking that maybe the gas in the tank is moven around so much that the fuel line gets air in it. any suggestions?

NacsMXer
02-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Is your quad stock? The fuel splashing in the tank has absolutely nothing to do with it. Sounds like jetting issues to me if you have an aftermarket exhaust.

standardryder
02-28-2005, 05:08 PM
it was stock when it was happening, but i just got a yoshimura exhaust a few days ago and havnt really got a chance to jump it yet. but next week im ordering a header and jet kit so maybe that will fix it.

sampleez
02-28-2005, 05:21 PM
well first off, what are you riding. kinda sounds like there could be a prob with the float in the carb

Kilabanshee
02-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
well first off, what are you riding. kinda sounds like there could be a prob with the float in the carb

Yeah sounds to me eather the float is stuck or the jetting is off. Right underneath your float is alittle piston like object. Remove the float and make sure the sleeve its sitting in is throughly cleaned. This will enable your float to move up and down freely like it should.

standardryder
03-01-2005, 03:17 PM
i ride an 01 300ex. thanks for healpin ill check the float when i take apart the carb to re-jet it.

TCracin440ex
03-01-2005, 07:22 PM
bogging after jumps....trash in the gas tank....when you jump the fuel sloshes arround and pulls the trash to the petcock...take the tank off and dump the gas out...might want to take the petcock off too...im not sure but i think there is a screen in the petcock that prevents trash from bein sucked into the carb...if there is a screen there clean that screen off as well....once again im not 100% on that screen...but im pretty sure the petcock comes off

standardryder
03-02-2005, 05:06 PM
yeah i just replaced the gas tank in it not to long ago. the stock 300ex gas tanks are metal and a seem split on it. i kinda damaged the screen on the petcock but it was running fine untill then. ill clean it out and look into gettn a new screen.:)

theTman
03-02-2005, 05:34 PM
its cuz ur quads a POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JP

Kilabanshee
03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Travis no need for comments:devil: Take apart you whole carb. Make sure the piston or slider and the housing it sits in is cleaned. Take out your plug. What color is it? This may help ous get a better Idea of how your running. What main jet are you running in it now?

TCracin440ex
03-02-2005, 07:00 PM
its not his jetting...its trash in his gas tank i used to have an old quad that would do the EXACT same thing after jumping it...

standardryder
03-03-2005, 02:26 PM
ha ha yeah my is a pos...:rolleyes: atleast my shifter, and baffel, and motor mounts, and tool kits, and liscence plate, and nerf bars, dont fall off......

Kilabanshee
03-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah it could be trash thats getting stired up in the gas tank from when your jumping, or petcock not allowing good fuel flow. It wouldn't be a bad idea to take your carb apart and clean all the internals to rid it off all the dirt and grime I'm sure is in there.

theTman
03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
ha ha yeah my is a pos...:rolleyes: atleast my shifter, and baffel, and motor mounts, and tool kits, and liscence plate, and nerf bars, dont fall off......

the nerfs never fell off...the plate didnt fall off i ripped it off....my tool kit fell OUT......and yea:mad:

Trevor
03-09-2005, 11:58 AM
I had the same problem with my 300 and My problem was the screan in the petcock was cloged with crap from the tank. Cleaned the screan nd drained the tank now it works perfect. When you look in your tank I bet you'll see dirt and water. I did!

bansheerider29x
03-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Check your eletricals.........they may be loose.

standardryder
03-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by bansheerider29x
Check your eletricals.........they may be loose.

yeah i have been having a problem with my battery, the screws keep loosening up that hold the wires on. imma throw some locktight on the threads maybe that will fix it.

03-11-2005, 01:56 PM
clean your carb:o