PDA

View Full Version : Childs Quad.............

Breyon55
05-05-2002, 05:50 PM
My g/f's son is 6 yrs old 4'2'' and 68 lbs....We want to buy him a quad but all the 50cc's we look at he is way to big for and the 80's/90's have way too much power, but the fit is pefect....do most of the 80's and 90's have governors to limit the throttle? We want somthing that will last but were just not sure what to do.........thanks

05-06-2002, 06:28 AM
My son is a smallish 7yrs and rides a Breeze with ease. Honda's 90 has a screw adjustment to limit throttle, so that is no problem. I went with the Breeze for several reasons.

It has a headlight, tailight, and real brake lights. My kid has been on my case to go on night rides with the 'guys' for several years.

No shifting. It has a selector knob for forward, neutral, and reverse. Controls are all on the bars (brakes). No foot controls keeps things simple.

Front and rear suspension. His previous bike was a TRX70, no suspension. He was bouncing all over the place.

My son just fits this quad and loves it. He will grow into it and I will gradually open up the throttle limiter as his skills improve. I think this will be the last one I have to buy for him on my dime. He can pay for the next leg-breaker himself, so he'll have to ride this for a while.

rhandw69
05-06-2002, 10:46 PM
Ive been doing alot of research on this subject.
I met a guy from ATV connection who spoke about the Kasea 90s. Ive heard nothing but awesome reviews, not so much about the power output (which is good) but just the overall quality. The frame from the shocks to the swingarm is all top notch. I called Trinity racing on this as well, and they agreed that the kasea is a very good bike.

CranMan
05-07-2002, 07:06 AM
Anyone else know about the Kasea's?? I checked a link someone had posted for a online place that had a Kasea 90 that looked just like a 400ex, it was $1895 shipped!! That's about 1200 less than the trx-90

DESDAK4
05-07-2002, 07:21 AM
I just bought my two oldest girls (8 & 6) on eof those T- Rex 90's and it seems to be a very good little bike. Both of my girls are very small but I only buy things that will last and they would just out grow a 50 to fast. I took them out this weekend and they got the hang of it in no time. Watching them ride was about the most fun I have had with quads yet.

ChadEXer
05-07-2002, 07:37 AM
I bought my little girl(4) a Eton Rascal 40. it is a 2 stroke and for a 40cc bike it hauls *****!!!!!!