PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried this Velocity intake/????

Killdmycobra
02-26-2005, 07:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4530052957&category=43979&sspagename=WDVW

Anyone tried this or know if it would work with an air box??

Jeff

chad502ex
02-26-2005, 07:57 PM
hmm,

what happens when that weld on that intake tube bracket cracks while riding and the weight of the filters pulls the filter-tube assemble out the carb and sand dirt grit gets sucked into the engine? DOH!

Cody_300ex
02-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
hmm,

what happens when that weld on that intake tube bracket cracks while riding and the weight of the filters pulls the filter-tube assemble out the carb and sand dirt grit gets sucked into the engine? DOH!

Not trying to get chit started but i really don't think that just weight of a k&n air filter would break that bracket, I don't think vibration would eathier, looks pretty sturdy too me. :ermm: I would only use it for TT or Flat track, somewhere theres not a lot of mud.

Killdmycobra
02-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Not trying to get chit started but i really don't think that just weight of a k&n air filter would break that bracket, I don't think vibration would eathier, looks pretty sturdy too me. :ermm: I would only use it for TT or Flat track, somewhere theres not a lot of mud.

Yeah, i wish someone would make a mandrel bent tube from carb to filter that uses the stock air box. I think i might just make my own custom setup.

Jeff

chad502ex
02-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid

that's kewl!

here's what my concern of what could happen from the vibration of XC terrain,....

not saying it would just my concern on single point mounting.

Killdmycobra
02-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
that's kewl!

here's what my concern of what could happen from the vibration of XC terrain,....

not saying it would just my concern on single point mounting.

That is what lock nuts are for.

Hammer trx450r
02-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Killdmycobra
That is what lock nuts are for.

:huh

330R PowerValve
02-27-2005, 05:47 PM
The same thing happened to my PRM skid???

chad502ex
02-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 330R PowerValve
The same thing happened to my PRM skid???

yea, i sent PRM this picture. hopefully they have an exception Customer Service Department like Trail Tech does. We'll see.

Trail Tech is awesome and back their product completely!

JIMTED79
03-02-2005, 05:12 PM
I HAVE THE ESR AIRBOX ELIMINATOR AND IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE BRAKET LIKE THIS ONE YOU FOUND. MINE IS RIGHT OFF THE CARB AND NO PROBLEMS YET.:)