PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds

400exrules
02-26-2005, 04:54 PM
I know this was posted awhile back, but i just rented "Supersize Me".....and i have only watched like 20 minutes so far and i can already tell you, i wont be goin back to McDonalds for a LONG time...i recommend everyone watches it

and again i apologize since this was posted not long ago, but everyone should watch it.

YFZ450Ridr
02-26-2005, 05:04 PM
I actually gave up fast food a few months ago. its just so greasy and terrible for you. It only fills you up for about an hour. I haven't seen 'supersize me' but i herd that guy in there gained alot of weight from that.

FoxRacing81
02-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I won't ever eat fast food, or I will never drink alot of regular soda pop(pepsi, coke, mt dew, etc)
Fast food is just so horrible for you...and I don't even think it tastes all that good
and Pop is nothing good for you either....diet is alright for you, but regular is like murder.....I think it's like 2 cans of pop everyday for a year and you would gain like 35lbs or something.

Scott-300ex
02-26-2005, 06:29 PM
man, i gotta start drinkin me some pop

im skinny

Mxjunkie
02-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by MX610EX
I won't ever eat fast food, or I will never drink alot of regular soda pop(pepsi, coke, mt dew, etc)
Fast food is just so horrible for you...and I don't even think it tastes all that good
and Pop is nothing good for you either....diet is alright for you, but regular is like murder.....I think it's like 2 cans of pop everyday for a year and you would gain like 35lbs or something.

one 12 pack of coke lasts me a week, sometimes 2 packs, im screwed :o

bama400ex
02-26-2005, 07:21 PM
well its no secert everything these days is bad for you. unless you want to eat a bowl of lettuce and bananas 3 meals a day. i havent seen the movie yet. but i dont know about these claims. i do know i need to start eating more healthy. but i dont beleive all the claims was correct about how much weight fast food and colas add to you in a year. according to them if i quit eating out and drinking colas i would be at about 90 pounds in a year. sorry i cant see that. and even if it was so it sounds like 90 pounds would be worse for you than being fat.

rollie
02-26-2005, 07:28 PM
soda give you kidney stones:chinese:

DeerNuts
02-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Fast food and soda pop are definitely not that good for you; however, charts that claim you will gain x amount lbs. over x amount of days based on x amount of junk food you eat are based on assumed constants. There are several variables that must be included, such as: how much you exercise, your metabolic rate, your genetic history, etc...

That is why you all know somebody who eats nothing but crap and doesnt gain any weight. But theyre not gonna get off scot-free, I dont think. Their arteries will clog up and their risk for heart disease will be that much greater.

So the bottom line really is that everything needs to be done in moderation. There are few foods that have NO bad sides about them. If you only ate lettuce and bananas (2 perfectly harmless foods) you would be very unhealthy after awhile, even though those foods are in and of themselves harmless.

A lot of stuff we all eat (and drink, lol) is not good for us, but in moderation, it wont hurt us for a very long time, and possibly, not very much at all; as long as we get off our butts and go riding or at least do something!!

02-26-2005, 08:31 PM
I worked there for a year and a half, and i ate a ton of food every day i worked. I didnt gain a pound or have any health issues.

JDiablo
02-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
I worked there for a year and a half, and i ate a ton of food every day i worked. I didnt gain a pound or have any health issues.

maybe because you have high metabolism,i know i've stopped drinking soda and i used to guzzle that chit,i've lost almost 20 pds sine then (last may) by not drinking soda alone

Stunt Crew<-_->
02-26-2005, 08:48 PM
well i eat fast food not very often but when i do , i eat alot of it , and i drink soda ALL the time, a 12 pack will last me about 3 days or so :ermm:

bulkdriverlp
02-26-2005, 08:55 PM
i love fast food. that double fillet of fish i just cant get enough of them, them fries too, damn i need to go back on my diet!:rolleyes:

DeerNuts
02-26-2005, 08:56 PM
and i drink soda ALL the time, a 12 pack will last me about 2 days at the most

Your poor stomach is gonna get a hole worn in it at that rate:chinese:

Stunt Crew<-_->
02-26-2005, 08:58 PM
ya i should cut it down some :ermm: :ermm:

rollie
02-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Stunt Crew<-_->
ya i should cut it down some :ermm: :ermm:

kidney stones are coming for you if you keep that up!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stunt Crew<-_->
02-26-2005, 09:05 PM
what are kidney stones :confused:

JDiablo
02-26-2005, 09:07 PM
actual stones in your kidney

rollie
02-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Stunt Crew<-_->
what are kidney stones :confused:

when you drink alot of soda small stones(about the size of a dime) from in your intensines....forceing you to ya know....piss um out and i guess it hurts wicked bad..learned this in health class and i will never drink soda again:eek:

JDiablo
02-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
when you drink alot of soda small stones(about the size of a dime) from in your intensines....forceing you to ya know....piss um out and i guess it hurts wicked bad..learned this in health class and i will never drink soda again:eek:

small dime ehh...my mom needed to get one removed because it was the size of a baseball the doc said :eek2:

rollie
02-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
small dime ehh...my mom needed to get one removed because it was the size of a baseball the doc said :eek2:

HOLY SHIAT!.....but still i dont want to pee out a dime...o yeah it takes about 8 hours to get it out

ewww :o

JDiablo
02-26-2005, 09:21 PM
ouch screw that chit :ermm:

400exrules
02-26-2005, 09:48 PM
do u get kidney stones from caffeine or wut?? wut causes them in the drink? cuz i stopped drinkin caffeine along time ago, but now i drink like 2 sprites a day:eek2:

oh crap plz tell me sprite wont give me kidney stones....i cant live without sprite

JDiablo
02-26-2005, 09:54 PM
i used to live on sprite bro,and sierra mist,now i dont even drink it,but man wat would i give to have a bottle of soda and not be effected by it,lol

rollie
02-26-2005, 10:14 PM
yes yes its in every soda...its some like acid in it that clumps up.....

if you dont drink soda your chances of getting it are much lower than if you do.....

cool 300ex
02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I never saw the thing on McDonalds. I eat there like once every 2 months if i am lucky. I drink like a soda a week or no on average but there sometimes i drink like 3 or more. I heard that they use coke to clean blood off the roads from abd wercks,i heard that pepsi will eat a hole in ya,and that you can use kool-aid to clean your towlet. HOpefully ice tea doesn't do anything to you because i hve like 5-8cups a day.

Punk'd
02-26-2005, 10:19 PM
McDonalds owns:o so does jack in the box and aint no movie gonna stop this hill billy from eatin his combo 16:macho :scary:

Big400EX
02-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Mcdonalds is mad fattening, I was there today with some girls and they got all this stuff and offered me something but I didn't want nothing after seeing Supersize Me :(

hondaracer305
02-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Speaking of MCnasties, i just got back from there and ate 3 double cheeseburgers, my favorite meal...

02-26-2005, 11:08 PM
heh.. how many of yall that just wined about how bad mcdonalds is, and DRINK? or smoke? that whole movie was so retarded and so far fetched that if you accually believed it, it just shows how much TV influences you.. if you eat mcdonalds 3 times a day, for every meal then YOU DESERVE TO BE FAT FOR BEING SO STUPID! I eat mcdonalds about twice a week.. sometimes more, hardly ever less.. and i drink about 2 2liters of soda a day.. ive done this for the past 6-7 years with the mcdonalds and the pepsi about the past 10-15 years.. i am in PERFECT health, im rarely depressed, and i never feel like im going to puke.. Im as healthy as one of those "vegans" or "salad shooters" whatever you wanna call them.. Metabolism or not, if you compensate with excersise, you wont have the issues.. i mean what IDIOT thinks that they are not going to have some kinda effect with NO excersise and eating junk all the time?

As for the vegans or whatever you want to call yourself.. GET A CLUE! YOUR AT THE TOP OF THE DAMN FOOD CHAIN! you wont eat a animal, and think animals are the most precious things ever... pfft.. if a animal attacked you, its always "its not the animals fault" and find some scapegoat to put the blame on..

Now im going to get me a nice cup of PEPSI, suck down some greasy MCDONALDS fries, and then tommorrow eat me a FAT steak.. and sit back and laugh at everyone that thinks this movie is a legitimate portrayal of the average amiercan.

Jesse

02-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Kindy stones are 10 times worse than pregnancy as far as pain goes, and i believe those are actual numbers approximately. And the pain is there for the 8 hours, so its not really worth it.

Id always get a number 4(doublequarter pounder with cheese meal) supersized, with 2 supersized sprites and 10-20 nuggets every time i got off of work.

SGA
02-26-2005, 11:34 PM
I have really cut back on fast food in the last 2-3 years. Monday I ate a big mac value meal and felt like crap for most of the afternoon. It just kinda sat in my stomach.

Kidney stones. Most are very small (pin head size) and pass from your kidneys to your bladder and then on out when you go to the bathroom. Ones that are a bit bigger cause INTENSE pain on thier way out. Some of them have very sharp edges like a sand spur, no fun at all while they work thier way out. Heres a pic of one.

JDiablo
02-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I have really cut back on fast food in the last 2-3 years. Monday I ate a big mac value meal and felt like crap for most of the afternoon. It just kinda sat in my stomach.

Kidney stones. Most are very small (pin head size) and pass from your kidneys to your bladder and then on out when you go to the bathroom. Ones that are a bit bigger cause INTENSE pain on thier way out. Some of them have very sharp edges like a sand spur, no fun at all while they work thier way out. Heres a pic of one.

ummm delicous:o that looks like a peach pit

400exrules
02-27-2005, 12:04 AM
omg u guys have me scared to death now. Wtf how can i tell if im gonna have kidney stones or not, and wut can i eat/drink/take to prevent cuz i deff. do not want to have those.......i dont think i would be able to stay concious through that amount of pain yall r talkin about, especially through my pecker:eek2:

02-27-2005, 12:49 AM
i'm drinking an energy drink/red bull and 2 cokes right now just for you guys...i heard you get those kidney stones if you drink alot of milk too

400exrules
02-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i'm drinking an energy drink/red bull and 2 cokes right now just for you guys...i heard you get those kidney stones if you drink alot of milk too

CRAP!!! i like milk too

someone tell me wut to do to prevent this........its like my worst fear now......thanks u guys:o

Rico
02-27-2005, 06:06 AM
super size me was a great movie.

He gained 17 lbs in 12 days.....:eek2:

His liver was equal to an alcoholics from all the fat intake.

1 lb of suger a day from the nonstop mcdonalds all day.

Fast food is bad, end of story. Soft drinks are the devils spit i think...:eek: I pretty much gave them up. I drink two 12 oz cokes a week.

They should make all school kids watch the movie I think since 1 in 4 kids these days is obese.

Do kids not play outside like I used to, or do they sit infront of a computer and TV all dam day and get fat and lazy????

o4250
02-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
CRAP!!! i like milk too

someone tell me wut to do to prevent this........its like my worst fear now......thanks u guys:o

Belive it or not BEER!!!Because it flushes your sytem. as long as its not draft

bansheeguy77
02-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Do kids not play outside like I used to, or do they sit infront of a computer and TV all dam day and get fat and lazy????

no they dont man. my lil nephew is 7 and hes just as good as me or anybody playing ps2 and computer games. he always has his friends over and goes to their houses to play ps2. they rarely ride bike or play sports. whatever happened to the good old days? back in my day we rode bike all day then every night had a huge football game in my backyard.

and as far as kidney stones i never heard of milk as being bad? i know tea and soda will definately do it to you. a few of my old high school friends got them my senior year. they both used to basically live off of tea and soda. i quit soda for diet tea basically. now im trying to convert that over to water. drink water or juice man thats about your only safe bet. i think its the sugars or something in those drinks that will get ya with the stones, i will research it in a little bit if nobody else did already :blah:

dunnonuttin
02-27-2005, 06:54 AM
holy crap im scared to death now. i hope you dont get it from tea cause thats what i always drink. and as for this glass of chocolate milk beside me right now, its gone. i gotta make a cut back on my soda intake cause a 12 pack of pepsi wont even last me a week and im not even homeschooled like josh who can drink it anytime he wants. i only have the afternoon to drink it. god i cant go without pepsi

rollie
02-27-2005, 07:09 AM
milk toO!!!????:eek:

nooooooo

is the a proven thing or just something you've heard?

02-27-2005, 07:15 AM
ya'll crying like a baby now.:o :p

Kennethyfz450
02-27-2005, 07:24 AM
every day after school i order 3 double cheese burgers with no pickels.. then i come home and eat whatever is for dinner:D

I drink a lot of milk throughout the day with captain crunch/ golden grams/ frosted flakes... I also have a drinking problem

1 case of pepsi dont last very long around me 2 days their gone...

im not to fat. i'm only pushing 195:D and i eat a whole lot!

Screamin440
02-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Kidney stones form from a lot of different drinks. They mainly form from the caffeine. A former teacher of mine in school had kidney stones badly and the doctor told him to cut out the soda he drank. He did that and kept on getting them. The doctor forgot to inform him that ice tea and basically anything with caffeine would cause them to form. Drink more water and it should help dilute and flush out your kidneys. Drinking more water may also help keep the stones from forming in the first place.

400exrules
02-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Screamin440
Kidney stones form from a lot of different drinks. They mainly form from the caffeine. A former teacher of mine in school had kidney stones badly and the doctor told him to cut out the soda he drank. He did that and kept on getting them. The doctor forgot to inform him that ice tea and basically anything with caffeine would cause them to form. Drink more water and it should help dilute and flush out your kidneys. Drinking more water may also help keep the stones from forming in the first place.

ok feel alittle better now, cuz drink a good amount of water. So does this mean sprite wont give u kidney stones since its caffeine free?

bansheeguy77
02-27-2005, 07:40 AM
well i did my research like promised and found basically the same info throughout the net. so i will post a link that i think has the easiest to understand/read material and its down to the point. basically white males are most prone to them. if they run in your family your at higher risk. over 30 is a higher risk. and the things that are worst for you is grapefruit juice and soft drinks. alot of animal (meat) protein is bad for you.

and actually it says that coffee and tea are actually good for helping prevent kidney stones. while they say caffeine is bad for you and longterm users will get osteoporosis, tea and coffee are primarily made up of water. so all of the water that those drinks are made up of compensate for the negative effects of the caffiene.

glad i looked that stuff up now i actually know what im talking about with this stuff :blah:

link (http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/learning/healthguide/healthguide_content.jhtml;$sessionid$UQ3I5142O3XHM CQUAOYCFEQKCQB00GXK?Category=Concern&title=Kidney+Stones&relativePath=%2Fcontent%2Fhealthnotes%2FConcern%2F Kidney_Stones.htm)

Kilabanshee
02-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Rico
super size me was a great movie.

He gained 17 lbs in 12 days.....:eek2:

His liver was equal to an alcoholics from all the fat intake.

1 lb of suger a day from the nonstop mcdonalds all day.

Fast food is bad, end of story. Soft drinks are the devils spit i think...:eek: I pretty much gave them up. I drink two 12 oz cokes a week.

They should make all school kids watch the movie I think since 1 in 4 kids these days is obese.

In my child health and consumor class we watched this video. I was amazed what the affects of fast food did to this guy. Now All I drink is green tea and eat things with low fat such as pizza, sandwhich, ect.

cool 300ex
02-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Well guys if McDonalds is so bad then how ba dis Berger King? I was there this week and had lik one of there value meal things that are like a Big Mac and it was greasy as****!!!! Sorry i dunno what the heck the meals are at Berger King i hardly ever go there i just had some coupons to use.

SGA
02-27-2005, 10:22 AM
I read several websites on kidney stones. Every site said drink lots of water. 12 (8 oz.) glasses of water per day to keep your kidneys flushed, more so during hot weather and exercise. They also said the Southern US has more stones because of the heat and humidity caused by dehydration.

Health Tip: Avoiding Kidney Stones
What You Can Do to Prevent Future Kidney Stones

There definitely are things you can do to reduce your chances of developing another stone. One of the most important is simply getting into the life-long habit of drinking a lot of liquid - mainly water. Everyone who has had a kidney stone should drink at least 8 ounces of fluid at each meal, between each meal, before bed, and during the night if awakened to urinate. In other words, you should drink a minimum of 7, and preferably 10 to 12, large glasses of fluid in the course of each day. At least half of these should be glasses of water.

Your fluid intake should be spread out as evenly as possible throughout the day. This keeps the urine from becoming concentrated and reduces the chances that crystals - the building blocks of kidney stones - will form. Since the goal is to produce at least 2 quarts of urine a day, you should drink more fluid in very hot weather to make up for that lost by sweating.

A good way to judge whether you're drinking enough is to watch the color of your urine. If your urine is dark and yellow, drink more. It should be pale, almost watery. Urine has more color in the morning when it is most concentrated, but the rest of the time, the less color the better.

Drinking plenty of fluids also reduces the risk of urinary tract infections - a major cause of struvite stones. Any infections that do occur should be treated promptly and completely.

Nausty
02-27-2005, 01:13 PM
with my experience I use to be the slow fat **** and thats **** is all I would eat. Over the past few years i've gotten into shape and I think eating good food is a big part of that. Junk food is ****, its all fat, surger and calories and very little nutrients.

That and if you drink tons of pop everyday and don't think it makes a differance drink nothing but water for a week and see how much better you feel.

Now for me I lots of small meals of healthy foods and lots of variety. Chicken, pasta, corn bread, meat, eggs, salads and diet for me is what makes half the progress in getting into shape with lifting, running and everything else. When I don't eat right I barely see gains but then if I eat real good it seems like i'm passing workouts like nothing.

Just how the **** works for me outta experience.

Eating snack/junk food is alright every once in a while but you gotta keep in mind snack food is just that. Snacks! Not the main course or a side dish.

Scott-300ex
02-27-2005, 01:45 PM
man, now when im drinkin milk i just feel a big lump comin out of me when i piss and it hurts, now i think of that when i drink it

thanks guys:rolleyes:

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-27-2005, 04:33 PM
i didnt need a damn movie to tell me that fast food will kill you! i mean really, did you need some completly avaerage guy to tell you that fast food will drill a hole through your stomach and make your energy level drop to 0. we all knew what was going on it's just some people need a reminder so they can see the sespool they are tredging through

cool 300ex
02-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Speaking of Kidney stones my aunt has one thats to big to pass so there going to have to remove it. She's getting this done tomarrow. My mom told me lots of ice tea will give you Kidney stones. Is this true? I drink alot of ice tea!!!

Quad18star
02-27-2005, 09:20 PM
MMM McGarbage . Man knew this chit wasn't good for you before I seen the movie ... but I seriously didn't think it was that bad . After watching the movie ... I completely changed my fast food diet . To strengthen it even more so that I wouldn't eat fast foods .... I read the book " Fast Food Nation" written by Eric Schlosser .... I recommend you all read it .

The books takes you from the start of how the "Fast Food" business started ... how all these fast food hamburger joints came about .... from the raising of the cattle in feedlots , to the chemicals that are put into the meat of the burgers , the crap that goes into preserving the fries .... how these large fast food chains have control over everything that goes on . It could take a government years to change laws about the way beef is handled ... but if McDonalds demands a certain way , the feedlots and slaughterhouses listen and things change within days . These large companies have a monopoly over the industry . I swear anyone that can read should pick up the book .... it cost me like $20 or something and took me a few days to read ... it's only 400 pages .... very worth while to read .

Mxjunkie
02-27-2005, 09:35 PM
holy chit i drank 2 12 packs of coke in 2 days, im screwed! do these kidney stones happen all of a sudden because ive been chugging down coca colas like its the end of the world since i was a little kid.. and like you have to pee them out!? :eek2:

Scott-300ex
02-27-2005, 09:40 PM
ok, this started with fast food now its all about the kidney stones

02-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
and like you have to pee them out!? :eek2:

ya you piss them out.i heard the pain is like giving birth :eek:

Quad18star
02-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by sEX
ya you piss them out.i heard the pain is like giving birth :eek:

I know they can go in and "blast" them so that they are smaller to pass ..... but like you said ... I heard it's like giving birth . Drinking lots of water helps prevent them !!!!

Scott-300ex
02-28-2005, 05:49 PM
what if you drink your urine

and what if there is a kidney stone in that:eek:

rollie
02-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
what if you drink your urine

and what if there is a kidney stone in that:eek:

pretty self explainatory....it would happen all over again...lol

Zhvonte
02-28-2005, 07:03 PM
I laugh at most of the bullchit I am reading on here. I agree with most of what "Dirt Merchant" had to say about this. We all know fast food isnt the most healthiest, however its certainly not the worst. I am thirty-one years old, and I have spent over twenty years drinking over a case of mt dew a day. I smoke since I was 13 (2 pks a day on average) and drink more beer/booze than I can even count at the end of the night. Yes, and I have more people anyone will ever know that will verify that too. I eat fast food three-four times a day. I rarely ever eat at home. Bottom line is, wheather or not I am one of the lucky one, wheather or not it will effect me in the long run, I am still in good shape. I work for Pepsi delivery and stocking cases 12 hours a day and very few 18-20 yrs can keep up with me. It's strictly metabolism and excercise. I have not gained a pound since 1987. 5 ft 7 and weigh 135 and I am still the same now as I was before.... Key is keep up the water intake and excercise....

So anyone who right off the back going to listen to everything that the FDA has to say, you might as well eat nothing and drink nothing because there is a million things contradicting each others in every medical studies they done related to food. Two simple solution, again, drink sufficient water to flush out your system and excercise often.... It's that simple....

The news media can go ahead and continue to be the one sided sorry *******s they are and try to get people to blame everyone else for the obesity problem except for taking responsibility themselves....

FoxRacing81
02-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Last Time I had a pop was about 4 weeks ago.

I buy this Flavored Water stuff from the grocery store. That is all I friggen drink!!!!!! It has nothing in it at all! Zero Calories, Zero Carbs, Zero Sugar, Zero Everything!!! They sell em in like 1 liter bottles or something and I drink about 3 or 4 of them a day.

Back when I was younger, all I would drink was Pop. Pepsi with every single meal. After the doctor visit, that changed. I'm never gonna be like that again. Believe me. All you kids who eat a ton of junk food like that, it'll come back to haunt you eventually.

No, you don't have to eat just straight lettuce and banana's, just watch how much of everything you eat. For instance, if your having hamburgers for dinner, don't have 7 of em, have like 2 at the most.

If you wanna improve at riding, that is the best way to improve. Get in shape! You'll notice it too. Once you start loosing a little, go for a ride. You'll tell right away.

sloppyjoe
02-28-2005, 07:14 PM
i drink like 5- 20 oz mt. dews a day every day and havnt pissed any kind of rock out yet. the key is to drink enough beer to make up for it!! the only problum i have is my teeth are wanting to fall out! :eek2: