PDA

View Full Version : big bore

hondaman4life
02-26-2005, 02:54 PM
I am thinking about getting a big bore kit for my 400ex and was wondering if some of you had anything to say about one. Do you have to use any special kind of gas or just regular and also does that effect your engine life alot. thanx

ReconRider25
02-26-2005, 03:15 PM
next time do a search. but anyways since im responding, if you decide to go to a 440 i suggest you get some airscoops or a larger oil tank to keep thems down. i also suggest some heavy duty head studs to help in preventing blown gaskets. if you go any higher then 11:1 youll need race gas.....outherwise it should run fine on pump gas. id go with a 416 if i was you. still a big improvement over stock with high comp piston and cam yet it will still leave you some room if you have to bore it out more.

BLEEDRED
02-27-2005, 05:53 AM
I would go with a JE or Ross Piston.

next time do a search.

Yup, you will find lots-O-info!!!!! Good luck and once you do some more research and have more specific questions, we are here to help.

hondaman4life
02-28-2005, 03:07 PM
also would a full hmf pipe work ok with a 440 kit ok.

RideRed250ex
02-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
next time do a search. but anyways since im responding, if you decide to go to a 440 i suggest you get some airscoops or a larger oil tank to keep thems down. i also suggest some heavy duty head studs to help in preventing blown gaskets. if you go any higher then 11:1 youll need race gas.....outherwise it should run fine on pump gas. id go with a 416 if i was you. still a big improvement over stock with high comp piston and cam yet it will still leave you some room if you have to bore it out more.

I hate people that get on here and start B****ing about someone that needs to do a search. This is definitaly how it should be done. Tell them nicely to do a search next time, yet still give them some info on their question.
Nicely done