PDA

View Full Version : Douglas Shamrock Billet wheels

TDM713
02-26-2005, 04:50 AM
I just bought a set of Douglas Shamrock Billet front 4-1 wheels, im curious to those who use these what kind of valve stems do you use, i have the short valve stems and they hit the caliper, any help or advice would be appreciated

Goose19561
02-26-2005, 05:43 AM
We have had the same problem with 1 set of the Douglas Shamrock Billet. We are using them on a YFZ450. We found that the stem hole in the rim was about 3/16 closer to the center of the wheel when it was compared with six other sets of Douglas Shamrocks. We end up putting in steel 90-degree valve stems and then it cleared by about 1/16.

TDM713
02-26-2005, 05:51 AM
that is odd, i dont have any other sets to compare these to, but by looking at them, the stem holes seem to be as close to the center as they can, the stems are only an inch long, so i dont know and these are for a yfz also

Stadt
02-26-2005, 07:39 AM
As far as the stem issue you are having goes - I had the same problem BUT a few days before the Texas GNCC, Douglas called me to re-call the rims. I can't say what they will do for you or any body else but as far as they went w/ me they were truly concerned and made the situation right before it was a big problem. Call them at 1-800-race-rim and see what they will do for you. I bet you will be happy when it is done.