PDA

View Full Version : douglas shamrock billet wheels

TDM713
02-26-2005, 04:50 AM
I just bought a set of Douglas Shamrock Billet front 4-1 wheels, im curious to those who use these what kind of valve stems do you use, i have the short valve stems and they hit the caliper, any help or advice would be appreciated

Chino
02-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by TDM713
I just bought a set of Douglas Shamrock Billet front 4-1 wheels, im curious to those who use these what kind of valve stems do you use, i have the short valve stems and they hit the caliper, any help or advice would be appreciated

wtf, how is it hittin the caliper?? u have the wheel on backwards??:confused:

TDM713
02-26-2005, 06:09 PM
oh yah im a dummy, i put the wheel on backwards, lol...some people must not know what shamrock wheels look like, there is no place for a valve stem on the outside of the wheel so it has to go on the inside of the wheel, come to find out its a defective wheel where at douglas they have drilled the holes for the stem a little to far out from the center causing it to hit the caliper, if they would have drilled it a 1/4 of inch over it would have cleared them, its alright, sendin them back

Chino
02-26-2005, 09:07 PM
sorry, i dont have shamrocks, i've saw them but never payed attention to the valve stem location, ill stick with my hipers. i was just tryin to help thou, sorry, next time i wont say anything:D