PDA

View Full Version : Messed around with the Raptor today

DiRTdiGGr660
02-25-2005, 10:53 PM
well i did a lil tinkering with the raptor today..fliped the rear linkage and put my warrior shocks up front(yes i kno their pink..nothin some shockwears wont fix:cool: )looks pretty good to me but i havent rode it yet so i wont know how it handles for a lil while..and i kno the warrior shocks dont have much travel on these aarms but im not a "jumper" so i shouldnt have any problems..i jus like it to handle better..so let me kno what you guys think

DiRTdiGGr660
02-25-2005, 10:57 PM

DiRTdiGGr660
02-25-2005, 10:58 PM

DiRTdiGGr660
02-25-2005, 10:59 PM

DiRTdiGGr660
02-25-2005, 11:00 PM

honduh440
02-25-2005, 11:50 PM
who did u buy that from?

LTZ400rider
02-26-2005, 12:14 AM
them front tires look pretty new:huh

JDiablo
02-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
them front tires look pretty new:huh

lol i would say so

02-26-2005, 01:18 AM
hey dude, tires dont grow by themselves like plants... u have to buy some!

:P:P J/K

first time i see a white raptor.

DEAL
02-26-2005, 06:37 AM
So let me get this straight .. you want it to HANDLE better by putting WARRIOR shocks on it...
somethings not right with that statement.

Bush0102
02-26-2005, 08:39 AM
raptors are known for having a decently plush suspension....why did you replace it with warrior suspension?

DiRTdiGGr660
02-26-2005, 09:17 AM
ok..for 1..the reason i have those tires on there is because their on 2 inch offset wheels..i kno their shot i see them all the time..and as far as the warrior shocks goes, i put them on because their shorter..which drops the front and makes it a smidge wider. it might not have as much travel as the raptor shocks but i never used the full travel of them anyways..im not a jumper, im not tim farr..i like bein able to turn without having to sit on the nerf bars..i wasnt lookin for an improvment in suspension when i did all this...just wanted to be able to turn:rolleyes:

coryatver
02-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Putting those shocks that are not ther right valving or length make a raptor ride better? They must be really set up wrong stock!

DiRTdiGGr660
02-26-2005, 09:35 AM
i never once said they made it RIDE better...it makes it handle better..yeah it rides a lil rougher but that dosnt bother me to much..id rather it be rough then roll over i try to turn a lil fast

02-26-2005, 09:39 AM
thats why that position i think english somethin (dont remember)

well... u have to lean to the left if ur turning to the left...

dammnnn and they say that mexicans are lazy :huh :confused:

DiRTdiGGr660
02-26-2005, 09:49 AM
im far from lazy..it jus gets old hanging off the seat to keep it from rolling over in 2nd gear

TheFontMaster
02-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by tony_jackass
thats why that position i think english somethin (dont remember)

well... u have to lean to the left if ur turning to the left...

dammnnn and they say that mexicans are lazy :huh :confused:

Is body english the words you were looking for?

TM426
02-26-2005, 09:52 AM
dammnnn and they say that mexicans are lazy :huh :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Im not a flamin you or nuthin but mexicans are the hardest working people I now. (for the least amount of money too):bandit:

Sportrax10
02-26-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by DiRTdiGGr660
im far from lazy..it jus gets old hanging off the seat to keep it from rolling over in 2nd gear
Not a bad idea, sounds like its gonna work good for what you do... Now you just need to throw some shock covers on them... :p

Good luck with the Raptor... :blah:

honduh440
02-26-2005, 09:54 AM
i spent a couple thousand dollars on my bike to make it handle better am i lazy too?

02-26-2005, 10:48 AM
anyways... i have extended a-arms too, but he said that he didnt wanted to lean to the left or right when he turned.....

and good work with putin those shocks.... but u still have to use body english, i have 2+1's on my ex and i still have to use a little body english in some turns.....

so, good luck with that raptor dude...

and im not being an ***..:huh

i think that u guys didnt get the catch :ermm: :ermm: ??

and 'bout mexicans working for 2 friggin' dollars its just a friggin' stereotype ppl..

those mexicans are poor people that they dont have like ANY money....

and those are real workers... working for 1-3 dollars under the sun for like 12 hours... thats really a pain in the *** ppl.

02-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
i spent a couple thousand dollars on my bike to make it handle better am i lazy too?

c'mon dude....:confused: :confused: ... im not even going to answer that question.

DiRTdiGGr660
02-26-2005, 11:18 AM
good luck with that raptor??sounded kinda sarcastic to me..ive had it for over a year and only problem ive had is the airfilter fell out of place and the rings got ate up...and also...just because i put those shocks on dosnt make me belive that i can turn sittin straight on the quad...i kno ill have to lean..just not as much and ill b able to turn quicker and sharper..so whats the big deal about what ive did with thats soo wrong with the kind of riding i do

LTandRaptorider
02-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Well, until I get the LT250R fixed, my Raptor is all I have to ride. It's a 2001, luckily haven't had any probs with it yet. Yes, they get bad-mouthed a lot, but are a lotta fun to ride. I too didn't like the high and narrow feel to them, and put wheel extenders on for now. I was a little dubious about you saying you put Warrior shocks on the front, but to each their own. Whatever works for how you wanna ride. I flipped my rear shock link and put 300ex shocks on the front to lower it for a flat track race, and it worked! Have fun on your Rappy... and remember... it's good to get others input, but ultimately it's what you want. ;)

02-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by DiRTdiGGr660
good luck with that raptor??sounded kinda sarcastic to me..ive had it for over a year and only problem ive had is the airfilter fell out of place and the rings got ate up...and also...just because i put those shocks on dosnt make me belive that i can turn sittin straight on the quad...i kno ill have to lean..just not as much and ill b able to turn quicker and sharper..so whats the big deal about what ive did with thats soo wrong with the kind of riding i do

naa, it wasn't sarcastic :ermm: .. i really tried to be nice after i said that i thoght that u were lazy....