PDA

View Full Version : axle.

99_300ex
02-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Ok so my axle bearings went out today and i was going to take my axle off but the actuall bolt is stuck i heated it up and it wont budge i moved the lock nut but now the main nut is just stuck so plz help me with any information you have. and what kind of bearings should i get? thanks
Jeremy

sampleez
02-25-2005, 06:12 PM
i used some really good penetrating oil(called aero-kroil) and let it sit for a while. then get someone to hold the brakes and use a big pipewrench(and maybe a cheater bar) to get the nut off. remember the treads are left hand(rightey loosey). if you don't break the stock carrier, you be best off gettin stock bearings. i've used moose bearings, and some i found in an ag store, and neither lasted for crap. i think you can put the carrier in the oven for a while, and the bearings should come out easier

99_300ex
02-25-2005, 06:17 PM
The only problem is that i already took the brake caliper off but thanks anyways. Anyone else know what else i could do.

enduro400rider
02-26-2005, 09:15 PM
get some one to kind of straddle one of the back tires and squeez it between there legs or have them kinda jam there foot under the tire to keep it fom moving

400Rider022
02-27-2005, 06:51 AM
wheel chock thatll work:D

hondarider2006
02-27-2005, 01:06 PM
have you taken the chain and sprocket off?? If not throw her in gear and have someone hold the tire at the same time. Also if you have the chain on there, once you get it loose, hold the pipe wrench and have someone start the beast and run it in 1st gear, a lot faster getting the nuts off, just be careful;)