PDA

View Full Version : KFX vs ex

397ccEX
02-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Someone was sayin today that if I put a full hmf pipe on my 400 with mods listed his KFX would still tear me up and by the way the kfx is bone stock

:grr:

dondiesel444
02-25-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't think he'd tear you up, stock vs. stock KFX's have more top end, but the ex has more torque. the KFX rev's higher. if you were in an all out drag he'd probably beat you, anywhere else it would be pretty close I'd say.

397ccEX
02-25-2005, 01:15 PM
even with pipe hed still tear me up on Drag

Im not afraid of him anywhere else

397ccEX
02-26-2005, 07:54 PM
I rode the kfx it doesnt have much on the ex

blue416ex
02-26-2005, 09:19 PM
ive ridden a kfx wich was highly modded and didnt think it was fast at all i think my 416 was faster we havent dragged yet thou ill be sure to post about it when i do drag him eventually he always says his bike isnt dialed in to race me i think hes afraid to personally he sayso0o my jettings off cus of the weather o0o my shocks are being weird today i cant get a holeshot so i think mine is faster my mods are in my sig. his mods at the time were

custom axis all around alba aarms aerospeed paddles hotcams stage 1 cams fcr carb 41 mm maybe ? lsr +4 axle fmf powerbomb header with power core 4 silencer k&n and other small looks parts

so i say youll beat him cuz this kids afraid to race me and he has alot of money in the bike

397ccEX
02-27-2005, 07:21 AM
Aight be sure to keep me posted
Once I get my full hmf and jetted
We's gona race and he'll quit runnin his mouth

By the way you like your 416? who did it

khen
02-27-2005, 09:08 AM
I beat a stock Z with my 400EX when it just had the UNI filter, airbox lid vented and powerbomb/megamax. This same combo ran pretty equal to my brothers KFX with his exhaust baffles drilled, pea shooter removed, K&N filter and airbox lid vented.

With my built 416EX of course there is no contest against stock/piped Z's or EX's. I let a kid on a 2005 Z run 1/3 the way up sandmountain before I launched and I passed him like he was standing still at the half way point. :D I also had at least 60lbs on him.

These races were mostly long hillshoots, my brother can hang pretty close to me through most of second gear(and sometimes third) on flat ground but after that I run on him. He's currently building his KFX out to a 440 so I might be in trouble then. :eek:

I can't say on top speed though because we very rarely race long enough distances to reach and carry top speed for to long.

397ccEX
02-27-2005, 04:13 PM
k.... need a kfx/z killer:D