PDA

View Full Version : Starting on my landing ramp

Rootar
02-25-2005, 09:27 AM
ite ive actually started on my steel ramp (pics soon) but theres really no reason to finsh yet up untill now because i havent had the dirt for the landing . but now thats changed my dads getting the dirt hauled in in the next week. My Question is my ramp is gonna be 5 foot tall and 6 feet wide and 12 feet long my landing is prolly gonna be 6 feet tall and 10 foot wide at the top (top were i land) is this tall enuogh for my ramp or too tall it seems about right but i figured i would ask, and is would 18-20 feet be long enough for my down slope from 6 feet high. so could all yall people that have built big landings help me out here please.

Rootar
02-25-2005, 09:31 AM
ok seirously IM strating my landing very soon this isnt BS my dad ordered a 22yardtruck load of dirt and when i gets here (in the next week or so) im building this landing. i know some of you guys got landings for freestyle jumps and any jump actually. ive got it started with what dirt i got its about 2 1/2 feet tall12 feet wide and looks kinda like a take off im gonna build up from that will that 22 yard be plenty of dirt for my landing or what. Also if it wouldnt be too much trouble could any one post a pic of their landing if they have one. so i can see how steep it is. thanks alot

Rootar
02-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Bump T

400EXracer74
02-28-2005, 01:26 PM
that seems perfect in my opinion. i had a 5 foot tall kicker with a 6 foot landing for a while. The gap was about 35 feet. probably one of my favorite jumps i ever had. The bigger the jumps get the harder they are too make. im learning that right now. but that seems like your gonna have a pretty fun set up and you could probably pull that back to about 35 feet. i wouldnt go any further than that youd need more kick to have with any longer.

Rootar
03-01-2005, 07:23 AM
yea the gap isnt going ot be very big but the top angle is 35* so irts pretty mellow and i should be able to bring it back in the 40-45 foot range thats where i think the sweet spot will be right at 40 feet but w/e ill kno wforsure when i get it done but from what its lookin like it should be pretty fun should get some ok hangtime be able to throw tricks and tilts and stuff

03-01-2005, 11:52 AM
The best thing to do is just make it how you think will be comfortable at first and change it if you feel changes need to be made. Its good that you decided to make such a large landing, thatll make it alot more forgiving if you screw up on any tricks. Your dimensions seem right, but at what distance will you be setting up the ramp?

Rootar
03-01-2005, 08:53 PM
at first im pu tit right up aginst it get used to it and get the feel then gradullay brign it back