PDA

View Full Version : twist throttle

dreth23
02-25-2005, 07:52 AM
keep hurting my right wrist due to the lack of a full grip on the throttle side anyone else feel this way? what do you think about the twist throttle idea for a full grip on the bar?

dunebuggie66
02-25-2005, 08:40 AM
you'll be hurting your wrist even more with a twist throttle. jmo. stick with the thumb. what do you mean by a "full grip" anyway? my quad has a full grip on both sides with the thumb throttle.

Scro
02-25-2005, 08:57 AM
full grip means with your whole hand on the bars, instead of just your four fingers and your thumb on the throttle....as far as the question goes...ive never used a twist throttle, but i would imagin it would take some getting used to

02-25-2005, 10:10 AM
we've had this discussion on here before.......and i think the majority agrees........twist throttles are a bad idea for quads. you can't lean a quad to make it turn. you have to actually turn the handle bars, which creates problems. i'm not saying it can't be done.....because there are guys that prefer the twist, and are faster with the twist. But again, i think the majority will say the twist throttle creates more work for the rider, and is also more dangerous.

;)

redriderex
02-25-2005, 10:46 AM
ive been running a twist throttle on my quads for 15 years now and never had a problem with it.the way i look at it you have four fingers with a thumb or five fingers with a twist on your grips.you tell me what you have a better grip on 4 fingers or 5 ,by the way,i do have an extra twist throttle for the 450r ill sell you.its the motion pro vortec.thats what im running on mine.in fact i put heated grips on my twist throttle for the winter,let me know you want to buy my extra one..every body has a different opinion,but my thumb does not get sore any more

roughrider01
02-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by redriderex
ive been running a twist throttle on my quads for 15 years now and never had a problem with it.the way i look at it you have four fingers with a thumb or five fingers with a twist on your grips.you tell me what you have a better grip on 4 fingers or 5 ,by the way,i do have an extra twist throttle for the 450r ill sell you.its the motion pro vortec.thats what im running on mine.in fact i put heated grips on my twist throttle for the winter,let me know you want to buy my extra one..every body has a different opinion,but my thumb does not get sore any more

What kind of twist throttle do you use? I bought one last year for a different quad i use to have and it was one of the cheaper Motion Pro ones, i didnt like it at all. What one would you recommend and what one are you selling?

JohnO
02-25-2005, 11:40 AM
I have always rode with a twist. Just can't seem to get used to the thumb that well. It's different for everyone. I know Mike Penland likes the twist too. I know the disadvantages to them but it is all what you are used to. If you decide to go with it, put quite a few hours on it before making up your mind. You probably won't like it at first but you may come to love it after a while. That's what happened with me. I think Natalie runs a twist as well but I'm not 100% on that.

dreth23
02-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the info and im leaning toward trying it. what the heck, its only 50$ and theres always ebay

cletusEX
02-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I put one on my 400ex and liked it. I went out and put a few hours on it and got the hang of it. I used it in one race and didn't have any problems. I sold that quad and bought a 450r. I still have the thumb throttle on it now but I think I'm gonna get a twist at some point.

cooper505
02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
i use twist. feels way more comfortable to me. when ever i ride a quad with a thumb throtle, my thumb always slips off in rough stuff. twisit is the way to go.

redriderex
02-25-2005, 04:16 PM
i sell my spare motion pro twist throttle,it the vortec one.i sell it for 50.00 shipped call me if you want it.it is brand new.1-508-320-7662..thanks randy

WOOLIN
02-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Twist is the olny way to go but it takes some getting used to. Throttle control is not the best if you aren't used to it.