PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted

Honda4trax250x
02-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, I think I'm almost done with the ATV world. I have not gone riding in dirt for almost a year and a half, due to the fact I live on Long Island and there are places to ride.

The one reason I kept my quad was for the snow. Year after year I went out without a problem.

Tonight was different. After no more than 15 minutes of riding someone called the cops. The cop was cool to me though and just told me to ride somewhere else, not in this neighborhood.

So I did exacly what he told me. I met my friend and went riding somewhere else. After about an hour I pulled into the gas station to fuel up. All of a sudden another cop came in and started giving me problems. I told him about the other cop, but he wouldnt listen to anyone. The cop was extremely unprofessional, cursing at mer and my friend, and accused my friend of once running away from him , evn though that never happened. He let us go, but he took our names and adresses and told us that we had a half hour to get home or he was gunna come to our houses.

All in all I'm pretty much disgusted with Long Island's riding. I found it very interesting that all three cops that we saw tonight all said the same thing, "I know you have no where else to ride"

Suffolk county is pretty rediculous if they still haven't gotten the hint.

All in all, I think I'm going to sell my quad soon. In the years I have had it I have prob only had about 30 hours of seat time, if that.

Anyway, what do you think I could get for my quad? (approx) It is a 92 250x. This thing is clean, I really dont think anyone could find a cleaner one. It is mostly stock except for some nerfbars and a pipe. I got it in 2000 for $1800

Here it is:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/paf310618069515b476d374801943b8d0/f9b0a1db.jpg

I know this was a long read, but for those who stuck through, thank you.

-Mike

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-24-2005, 09:42 PM
that blows man sorry that cop was such a jerk

Honda4trax250x
02-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Funny thing is I've met the cop before. He was at my accident and he was a real nice guy. I guess it was because I didnt do anything wrong that night.

SGA
02-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
Funny thing is I've met the cop before. He was at my accident and he was a real nice guy. I guess it was because I didnt do anything wrong that night.
No, he was mad because hes tired of getting complaints about people on quads tearing property up.
Not you, just the few that have no respect for anyone, tearing up roads, crops, loud pipes late at night, etc, etc.
Thats the ones you can thank for no place to ride and the dirty looks.

SGA
02-24-2005, 10:04 PM
And lets not turn this into a cop bashing thread! Thanks Joe.;)

JUSTINcredible
02-24-2005, 10:18 PM
he was just doing his job. im sure if he could he would have loved to have joined you.

Honda4trax250x
02-24-2005, 10:43 PM
I totally agree that he was doing his job. I am not mad at him, I am mad at Suffolk County.

The only thing that angered me about him was the way he yelled at my friend and cursed just about every other word.

Pretty unprofsessional IMO.

chucked
02-25-2005, 06:43 AM
I totally agree that he was doing his job. I am not mad at him, I am mad at Suffolk County.

The only thing that angered me about him was the way he yelled at my friend and cursed just about every other word.

that y u just run, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lol

Ralph
02-25-2005, 06:47 AM
um, if you ask me both cops were nice. round here you would be pushing ur bike home...

chucked
02-25-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
um, if you ask me both cops were nice. round here you would be pushing ur bike home...

lol around here if the cops were nice, you would be walkin home to find a truck and a few hundred bucks to get it out of the impound.

sharkinthepool
02-25-2005, 07:24 AM

I agree as well (with 2 cousins that are sheriffs and a cousin who is a state trooper), but whats done is done, he and his friend did not run, so there was NO reason for the guy to be such an *****!:mad: Cops like him give Law Enforcement a bad name!:o

ny300exrider
02-25-2005, 12:04 PM
i hear you man i live in suffolk too and it sucks. Have you looked into liorv? Its a club that you join for the year and they have a LEGAL track and trail section. Its not the biggest place but its the only place around where you dont get hassled. I used to ride in the snow every storm as well, never had a problem whatsoever and riverhead cops would wave to me. This year i went out and within 5 minutes 2 state troopers were on me. Its just not worth it anymore so im just waiting for the spring and riding at liorv evey weekend. The track is in manorville heres the site www.liorv.org

SuzukiGirl64
02-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

Yep here too...

There's a piece of land that people ride on all of the time near us and the cops know where we live so if anyone complains the cops automatically come to our house, even if it wasn't us. They even came to our house when we were loading them in the trailers to go racing!

Cody_300ex
02-25-2005, 03:02 PM
I never have been caught riding on the road, allthough I do do it quite often but thats just to get to my friend daves track/house. But I was to get chased I would just cut off into some of my trails. :ermm: A few of my friends have been stoppen and most of them said just to not do stupid stuff, and obey the law. But theres a few that are major a55holes tho.

YFZ450Ridr
02-25-2005, 03:16 PM
that sucks big time, ive only had bad experiences with cops and they can be pretty mean some times. but if you think that selling your quad is the best thing to do then more power to you. if you do sell it you should get a street bike so you can still ride in some sort.

02-25-2005, 03:50 PM
anyone who runs from the cops puts their own life and the cops life at risk. I used to think it was cool to run from a cop but if I get pulled over when I ride the road. which is all the time...i'll face the consequences and not cower like a little beotch

Jon98
02-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
anyone who runs from the cops puts their own life and the cops life at risk. I used to think it was cool to run from a cop but if I get pulled over when I ride the road. which is all the time...i'll face the consequences and not cower like a little beotch

i had ALWAYS planned on stopping for the cops in the snow (we sometimes ride the streets in big snow storms. its legal here if there is a snow emergency). Anyway, i am 23, so not a kid, never been arrested, pulled over, or anything in my life. and had always planed on stopping. A while ago during a snow storm a cop setup a roadblock with his car, tried to pull us off our quads, it was split second reaction. stick around, and let the most pissed off cop ive ever seen in my life nab me OR pin the throttle and get the hell out of there in the opposite direction.

yea choice was obvious... pin'ed the throttle, got the hell outta there. i never planned on it, but it happend. and i don't feel bad about it, caus i know that cop was out for blood, he woulda fined whoever he caught no matter how legal/illegal it was to ride.

so thats my story... not proud of it, but split second decisions were made heh im not really too down with riding the streets anymore in the snow... oh well.

Jon

brian-250
02-25-2005, 05:04 PM
ya know theres only one or to cops around here that are real ***'s, i passed one on the road one day, (i had on full gear and wasent goin but 25mph and had 2 tires in the side ditch) i waved and he waved back, i dont think he even cared!

but that does suck that you dont get to ride very much man.:(

Rancher350Angel
02-25-2005, 09:14 PM
around here the cops are really weird..my best friend n i were out riding and the people that live on the other side of where we were riding called the cops...n he came he told us to go home..no way in hell were we done ridin we went to another place like 10 min thru the woods n the cops down there let us ride down the roads and dont care at all..but now nobody really rides b.c they have been puttin cops in the woods and makin them look like they were hurt but we all run from em the cops suck at ridin n cant ctahc ne of us...i was on my lil trx90 n i got away from on of em onna ttr125 or somethin like that...but it sucks i havnt ridin in over 5 mnths ik how it feels...:-(