PDA

View Full Version : 2005 kfx question

gtivdubdude
02-24-2005, 09:03 PM
I just got a new kfx last week and I have a question to ask before i take it to the dealer. When I'm riding and say i'm going down a hill, not steap at all but it is a hill. When I let off the gas i hear a whining sound. Is this normal. Its the tranny I think. There is no noise when on the gas.
Chris:confused: :D :confused:

beak7707
02-24-2005, 09:08 PM
I've never rode a kfx but I would say it is normal. I would say its just engine breaking. I'm sure a z/KFX owner will have more insight.

gtivdubdude
02-24-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm not holding i the clutch when its making this noise, When I do hold it in the noise stops. I'm sure its fine but all that money i just spent i'm cleaning this think with a tooth brush after every ride!
Chris:p

azracer95
02-25-2005, 08:33 AM
I would not be to worried. It is most likely the way the gear is cut that causing it. When they gears are loaded decelerating down a hill they are whinning and when you pull the clutch they anload thus the noise goes away.

On another note I just got a '05 kfx two weeks ago unfortunately is as rained the last two weekends so I haven't been able to ride it yet, sun is out know and can't wait till tomorrow.