PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar w/ making a resume?

zephead400ex
02-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Well, since I'm looking for a new job now, I figured it was time to make a resume. I had made resume's in high school, but that was a few years ago.

I belive I have the right format to lay out the resume, but what are some of the things that I should include other than what I have? These are the things I have included thus far:

Previous work experience.
School Experience.
Sports honors.
3 references
Extraciricular activities.
Accredidations and licenses.

What else if anything should I include? If I have a choice, I would prefer something of sports interest, banking, or radio profession.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If it helps at all, I can send what I have as of now.

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-24-2005, 01:54 PM
i like to add a small paragraph which includes how i belive i'm a good worker and how i can add to a company, it gives it a nice personal touch

zephead400ex
02-24-2005, 02:03 PM
...kind of like what's in your sig?:D

haha! Thanks bro, good advice. Where should I include that information format wise?

Anyone else?

Dan_Guetter
02-24-2005, 02:04 PM
I make rider resumes for sponsors....but that cost a lil money to do...but it pays off in the long run;)

Bush0102
02-24-2005, 02:33 PM
put a goal/mission statement at the top before all your info...say what qualities you offer and what you can bring to a company...

zephead400ex
02-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
put a goal/mission statement at the top before all your info...say what qualities you offer and what you can bring to a company...

Good idea. Put that info first thing, before work experience?