PDA

View Full Version : TRX90 Nerfs

jeepcj5nut
02-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi all,
I have read through every post in the mini's section and was amazed at all the problems people are having finding a good set of nerfs for the 90's.
I ordered a set of DG nerfs from RockyMountainATV for my daughters trx90 and thought they had sent me the wrong ones so I sent them back. I had a lot of problems trying to get them to fit!!
RockyMountain was very good about researching the problem with DG's support and have found that all of their nerfs were made wrong. "recently".
So now I am trying to find a good set of nerfs for her quad!! Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Shawn

KILLER EX
02-24-2005, 01:48 PM
i have both sets of dg nerfs on my trx90s and the both fit perfect i love the newest set i got that let you keep your factory heel guards on

jeepcj5nut
02-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Killer ex:
I bought the nerfs around Christmas time and just got around to putting them on, when I found they wouldn't fit.
when did you get your new set?
The set that I got allowed you to keep the heel guards on also, but the cross brace for the front wasn't made right. When I went to slide it in the nerf bars the holes wouldn't line up no matter what I tried. The Tech at RockyMountain said that all the sets they have are the exact same way and DG would try to replace them but it's going to take a while.

Do you have any pictures of how they are mounted?

I would like to get a set that takes the plastic heel guards away and replaces them with aluminum.

Thanks for the reply.
Shawn

KILLER EX
02-25-2005, 07:54 AM
this is the only pic i have right nowhttp://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/421db316z130f8fb4/12d9/__sr_/8750.jpg?phOI0HCBnW4V_4Y6

nationalmx288
03-04-2005, 09:42 PM
i raced a 90 last year and i had ac propeg on them they were for a kesea but they worked great all you have to do is weld the brackets on the frame for the front of the nerfs and bolt the back on. Plus you get an unbeatable footpeg.

jeepcj5nut
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Well I got stumped again. I went to my local honda dealer and they tried to order a set of steele nerfs from DG only to get a phone call 4 days later telling me that the order was "delayed" another month and a half because of production problems.

nationalmx288:
I'll have to check them out, Thanks.

Shawn

rbm300ex
03-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Shawn (and anyone else),
How are you making out on your nerf search?
I'm waiting & watching to see cause I'm about ready to locate a set for my boys trx90 for the upcoming mx season and been wondering what to get or if there will even be a choice. Please fill me in and anyone else who can add anything re: nerfs for the 90.

Also, anyone using the new pro armor kill switch?, just curious as its a few $ cheaper than the prodesign and it looks like it may be easier to re-insert the clip for the kids themselves. The mags. say they're good but anyone using one in the real world on a mini? I may put one on the predator i just acquired too if they are. I havn't seen anything anywhere on the site re: them and I did a search in the open & racing forums, so chime in if anyone can enlighten me.

Thanks for time................
Feels like spring may be coming this year after all.............:)

KILLER EX
03-19-2005, 08:09 PM
dg nerfs i will get a better pic when i haul the bike out of the garage

jeepcj5nut
03-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Killer Ex: Thanks for the picture!! I love the way those fat series look on the little 90's !!!

rbm300ex: I still haven't had any luck locating some nerfs. I will probably wait until mid summer now to continue my search. There is very little riding during the summer months around here!!

I am still considering ordering a set of the AC propegs for the Kesea and modifying them.

I just don't understand how the aftermarket can almost ignore these little machines anymore???

Shawn

Livin4Real
03-21-2005, 06:32 AM
You shouldn't have to modify the ones that fit the kasea 90. We run the AC ones on our kasea 90. You just have to weld spuds
onto your frame to mount the nerfs to, but this is the stronger way to attach nerfs compared to the bolt on ones that have
had problems breaking. I'll try and get a better pic but you can see the two little 4" tube/spuds sticking out from the lower frame tube. We got ours from Hellbound Racing for alot cheaper than anyone else is selling them. I think around $140, they sometimes put them on ebay as well.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-4/702601/ebaymovies017.jpg

sunco
03-29-2005, 11:18 AM
killer ex - tell me the tire & rim sizes on the yellow 90. It looks great. I bought my boys new tires @ x-mas but i think the are smaller than what was stock.

KILLER EX
03-29-2005, 08:35 PM
thanks the tire sizes are in my sig.

Pappy
03-29-2005, 09:09 PM
on the trx90 the dg fat series have been working out great for us