PDA

View Full Version : Itp Muclites vs Maxxis Big Horns

Flyin High
02-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Any info you could give me regarding either one of these tires I would greatly appreciate. I meant Mudlites sorry.

Thanks.

Ken Robey
02-24-2005, 06:01 PM
do you even have to compare the two. Mudlites are a directional tire and are made for deep , sloppy, mud, and loose stuff. Big Horns, on the other hand, are mean. They were made for rock and traction in the worst conditions. They are the best tire going buy far. i raced 17 cross-country races on one set last year and never put a hole in a tire. Trust me, they are the best. Tell Maxxis I sent Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chevy19
02-26-2005, 06:33 AM
I HAVE A SET OF MUDLIRS THEY ARE INSANE AND GO THROUGH ANYTHING MUD SNOW YOU NAME IT THEY WILL GET THE JOB DONE! I NEVER HAD MAXXIS BIG HORNS BUT I DO KNOW THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE SO GO DOWN AND TALK WITH UR LOCAL DEALER ON ADVICE.

rYan01400EX
02-28-2005, 07:16 PM
I say forget them both and buy ya a set of Vampires :D GREAT tires.. My cousin has a set and I have yet to see something more wicked than those tires.

Ken Robey
02-28-2005, 07:42 PM
once again, only directionals. You'll slide right off of that there hillside. Get the Big Horns , dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell Maxxis I sent Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flyin High
03-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks all for the info. It is a friend of mine who is interested, but I will be sure to pass the info on. Thanks again.

Adam

jcsact
03-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I really wasn't impressed with my Bighorns. I put a set of Badland XTRs on and love the way they handle on the trails. The Bighorns wouldn't steer if you were in 2wd. Great forward bite but no side bite unless you had all 4 pulling and some time the thing wouldn't turn because the front end would push. No offense Mr. Robey but I don't think I would own another pair of Bighorns.

Polaris and Acrtic Cat quads are coming out stock with the Badlands and you might be able to buy a pair of take offs cheap. I got a heck of a deal and got mine for $75 but I had a buddy that bought 2 sets for $100 each from a local dealer.

It really depends on what he is going to ride weither it be trials or Mud. The Badlands will not hang with a mud tire in the slop but do great on the trail. ;)

jcsact
03-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Ken you don't happen to have a front rim for a Prairie laying around you want to get rid of do you?:D

Ken Robey
03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
hey, first you slam me on my tires of choice, then ask me for a rim. That takes balls, but I like it. I am down here in Fl. , just saw the thread, but no I don't have any spare rims laying around. My bighorns have never compressed enough on the sidewalls that I would ever have to buy another rim. Ha, Ha. Sorry I can't help. Buy the way, you buy a set of tires for $100, you get a set that are worth a $100. I wouldn't trade my Maxxis tires fro anything out there. They really ripped up the sand in Fl. this week once I got the three blown fuses fixed. Good luck with those tires, Hope I don't have to pull you out of the mud someday.

jcsact
03-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Thanks Ken.:D They are by no means a great mud tire but they do ok. The rims bent when I had the BigHorns on. :blah: I bent the edges at WindRock last summer and then I had a few problems with slight leaks around the outside of the tire. With both sets of tires.

I am not slamming your choice of tires I am just offering another opinion to others out there. ;) The Bighorns will last for ever I had 600 miles on the set I had and I bought them from a guy that had close to 800 miles on them and they still had 90% tread left. That was even after racing at a Grand Prix that had a couple miles of asphault in the track. BigHorns will last for ever. But they don't turn well. :D

hill43
03-08-2005, 05:33 PM
every body just wait till the mudlight XTR 14" radial tire hits that thing handles like nothing else trust me when i say there will be no other tire.
"

Ken Robey
03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
thats why we all have opinions. Everyone has a different one and a different riding style. Use what is best for you and the heck with the rest. By the way, big horns rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcsact
03-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Ken Robey
By the way, big horns rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p :D

Hey you are the racing gooroo, I am just a trail rider. :D If I do get a chance to run a race or two I will make sure you know I am there Ken so you can see the $100 tires carve all over those BigHorns.:blah:

Just kidding.

But if I do make it to a race (maybe the Iron Man) I will be sure to stop by and introduce myself.:)

Justin

Ken Robey
03-09-2005, 06:17 PM
make sure you stop by. I welcome everyone in my pit. see you there.

jcsact
03-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks Ken will do.:)

397ccEX
03-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Mudlites are the real deal i love em'they hook up

chevy19
04-01-2005, 07:16 PM
See this guy know what he is talking about!

McG300ex
04-07-2005, 10:02 PM
my ol man runs mud lites on his 700 prairie and basically unstoppable in the mud, but here a little to aggresive for him on the trail so he's goin to big horns. so if any body wants to trade big horns for mud lites let me know 26" XT's