PDA

View Full Version : advice for a 660r

JKWGA400EX
02-23-2005, 08:55 PM
i got a friend who has a 04" 660r(ALL STOCK) and he asked me to ask yall a question because he be without internet.anyway,he took the very back of the muffler off like the part that reaches about from the back of the fender to about the end,anyway that big fat part.and it was just as loud as about ANY aftermarcket pipe and he said he could feel a power increase but wanted to if it would ruin the motor and if it would what he should do to it so it wouldnt?so if you could help him out and know da answer please post sumthin.

thanks yall

Scro
02-23-2005, 09:14 PM
what you are describing is he just took the baffle out...no this will not hurt the engine at all...the most that could happen is that the jetting may be off a hair...but other than that it is ok...i doubt that there was really a noticable power increase though, it probably was just it being louder made it seem like it had more get-up-and-go

400exrider707
02-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JKWGA400EX
i got a friend who has a 04" 660r(ALL STOCK) and he asked me to ask yall a question because he be without internet.anyway,he took the very back of the muffler off like the part that reaches about from the back of the fender to about the end,anyway that big fat part.and it was just as loud as about ANY aftermarcket pipe and he said he could feel a power increase but wanted to if it would ruin the motor and if it would what he should do to it so it wouldnt?so if you could help him out and know da answer please post sumthin.

thanks yall

UM I'm a little nervous right now cause it almost sounds like your describing the entire silencer!!! If you are for the love of god put it back on. It more than likely will not damage anything but there is no way in HELL that it made more power like ^^^ said it is prolly just louder and "feels" more powerful First things he should do are get a good aftermarket exhaust an air filter and then jet it properly.