PDA

View Full Version : key broke off

QuadJunkies
02-23-2005, 06:34 PM
when I wre ked this wk end the key broke off inside the key hole. I was wondering how hard it is to get the key out??? We have one spare left.. Now my second question is am I able to have duplicate keys made??? So far I ruined one rim, a hoosier tire is torn on the side wall and a fw other things :ermm:

Bradracer18
02-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Tina......I doubt you'll get the key out, but hey. You can duplicate the keys.....but only if you have one of your two given to you. You can't loose them both and then decide you want a key. You'll probably have to have a new key hole thing(what is the name for that, iginition?).....too.......

QuadJunkies
02-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
Tina......I doubt you'll get the key out, but hey. You can duplicate the keys.....but only if you have one of your two given to you. You can't loose them both and then decide you want a key. You'll probably have to have a new key hole thing(what is the name for that, iginition?).....too.......
We have a freind who works for Dodge dealership thats gonna give it a try and said he might be able to get it outwith one of the tools from the shop...... I do have another original key left to make duplicates .. :)

bama400ex
02-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Tina......I doubt you'll get the key out, but hey. You can duplicate the keys.....but only if you have one of your two given to you. You can't loose them both and then decide you want a key. You'll probably have to have a new key hole thing(what is the name for that, iginition?).....too....... you can have a key made even if you dont have one. or atleast you can on a honda. all you need is the vin on a honda and i suppose a polaris is no different. or maybe they are?

Bradracer18
02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I think with the large amounts of theft anymore, they are really cutting down on making key, that is all I was saying. I just heard this from the dealer that is all............

QuadJunkies
02-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I think with the large amounts of theft anymore, they are really cutting down on making key, that is all I was saying. I just heard this from the dealer that is all............ thats why I was concerened if I was able to get a key cut locally ....

bama400ex
02-24-2005, 05:44 PM
yea i see your point. its been probally 3 years since ive had one made. i did have to take the bill of sale and the quad to the locksmith though.

QuadJunkies
02-24-2005, 06:21 PM
well, we got the old one out so all is good now!!! Ill have to take it in next week and see if they will make more keys for me... :)