PDA

View Full Version : VERY PO'd at Shift.

416exmx
02-23-2005, 06:13 PM
I just bought all new Shift Squadron gear and I got everything today, and pants are WAY to small. I wear a 33 waist in jeans so I got a 34 waist for the pants. Well I tried them on a bit ago and they wont even button. It would take at least a 36, maybe 38 before they would even be comfortable. I know that every jean out there in a 33-34 waist fits me perfect and i just cant believe these Squadron pants are that far off. Any one else have this problem with Shift stuff? Oh, and the jersey fit perfect. We are leaving for Texas tomorrow and now I have to wear last year's gear (which was gonna be practice gear).

theTman
02-23-2005, 06:19 PM
same thing happened to me...i jsut dont button it...just zip it up and clip the belt

MXracer16
02-23-2005, 06:20 PM
I think thats how all gear is. I ordered a pair of 32s and had to swap them out for a pair of 34. I wear a 30 jeans size.

416exmx
02-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Oh the belt... You mean that Fn nasty thing in the front that you clip like you are in the army? The thing that pinches your stomache everytime you lean over or sit down? Ah man, why in the world dont anyone tell you this stuff when you order it?? If i'd known they were going to be 3-4" too small i would have ordered bigger. Does shift need a new freakin tape measure to tell them what size a 34 waist should be?? Anyway, i spent over $1200 (with overnite shipping) on gear for 05 (Shift, Alpinestars, Shoei helmet, chest protector, knee gruads, socks, goggles, a bag and some other stuff). Everything is good except these stupid pants.

All other brands of pants I have had were the size of jeans I wear and they fit perfect.

416exmx
02-23-2005, 06:57 PM
not only do they need a new tape measure, but a new clock also. customer service is supposed to be open until 6pm and i have been trying to call since 5pm and got a recording saying "sorry, we are closed, normal business hrs are from 6am to 6pm".... and it was 5pm when i was calling.

theTman
02-23-2005, 07:02 PM
the belt never pinches me

Cody_300ex
02-23-2005, 07:06 PM
I like four and aully gear. Expesally Farr's gear.

trick450r
02-23-2005, 07:15 PM
im a 30 in jeans...got a 32 in shift squadron...couldn't be happier...they fit great and hold up even better...i've bought all shift since...chest protector, xl gear bag, gloves, jersey, backpack......

bansheeguy77
02-23-2005, 07:24 PM
my fleshgears were like that too. another thing was it was a snap button, not a normal slide thru the whole button like on jeans. i just found out a few weeks ago shift is made by fox tho....so i think my next gear is not gonna be shift :p

RedRacer44
02-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I wore Shift Squadron gear last season and I wear a 34 jeans....ordered the 34 waist in pants, they fit perfect! I recently switched to FOUR after picking up a sponsorship from them and got the new gear today. I switched to the regular style "tuck in the boot" pants and they fit very well. Its going to take some getting used to but its alright. The jersey fits great along with the gloves......

Shift stuff is top notch, too bad you had a bad experience with them. I'm sure you'll get things worked out with them....

FourFiftyFour
02-23-2005, 10:11 PM
i like that they are smaller bc that means the 28s fit me just right! if they were actually 28s then they wouldnt fit at all! lol

spincr4hire
02-24-2005, 09:43 AM
my shift squadron pants didn't hold up worth a crap last year. I'll never order shift stuff again, unless they improve a lot.

SHIFT...leave out the "F":p

zephead400ex
02-24-2005, 09:54 AM
I couldn't be happier with my Shift gear. Possibly the pants you ordered were just labled incorrectly.:confused:

JDiablo
02-24-2005, 10:09 AM
whenever i order pants i always order the next size bigger therefore i got a 34 but these damn things are huge and i gotta use the clip thingy all the way and they still fall off my ***,lmao o well i still like them they are nice and comfortable

Thump_It
02-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah, Shift runs small, I had to order once size over my jean size as most all of you have. I like the Squadron pants, but they are burn really easy from your pipe, burnt a hole in mine first day I wore them.

RedRacer44
02-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Yeah, that woulda been my only complaint is that I also burnt a hole in my pants from my pipe. The right leg is now trashed from the pipe, but no big deal. I'm just going to zip off the pants and use them as shorts to wear when I go to the dunes!

Hey Thump_It, hows the burgard LT a-arms and swinger working for ya?? Ya order those from Johnny? I think I was at the shop when they came in because he was showing them to me. They looked pretty nice, I liked the swingarm design a lot.

seven
02-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Maybe you been eaten to much MC donalds and got super sized

sharkinthepool
02-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Not sure what to tell you? I just got my new shift mach pants and they are sweet! I have not yet tried them on, but they look a little short??? We will have to see!

Thump_It
02-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
Yeah, that woulda been my only complaint is that I also burnt a hole in my pants from my pipe. The right leg is now trashed from the pipe, but no big deal. I'm just going to zip off the pants and use them as shorts to wear when I go to the dunes!

Hey Thump_It, hows the burgard LT a-arms and swinger working for ya?? Ya order those from Johnny? I think I was at the shop when they came in because he was showing them to me. They looked pretty nice, I liked the swingarm design a lot.

I'm happy with the swinger and a-arms. Only complaint is I sit awfully low, but I'm working on tuning the suspension for ride height and all that. I may need to switch to stiffer bottom springs on the front shocks cause I keep bottoming out the frame. Overall with the prices from Burgard, i'm quite happy with the set-up. Of course doing business with Johnny is great and I'll continue to buy parts from him. I'm going to send him my motor to be worked over next winter I think.

416exmx
02-24-2005, 12:46 PM
well, i went to my local dealer today and found a set of 36 and they will work, they are still a bit tight and probably 38's would be better but oh well. No, i didnt get supersized either, 33-34 jeans fit perfect. It's just that shift stuff runs way small i guess. I thought 34" meant 34". I dont understand why they cant get that right. It wouldnt be as bad but when i ordered them i was told to measure my waist and i did and then they are too small. The salesperson should have said "well shift runs small so i reccomend going to the next size". I cant believe that this many people know shift stuff is small but noone tells you this when you order.

RedRacer44
02-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Yeah, Johnny is our local quad shop here in Oklahoma. He built my 250R motor and my 450R motor in the past couple of years. I'm really happy with the 450 motor he built for me, it really rips. I'm getting some port work done soon as I get my Z50 sold so it should really rip.

He knows the 450 motors, inside and out. Knows what works. You should be able to adjust your ride height with your preload on your shocks. I sit pretty low myself and I dont bottom out my frame. Sometimes I'll scrape my frame but havent literally bottomed out my frame yet with my Elkas.....

sharkinthepool
02-25-2005, 06:31 AM
O.K. man got home and tried them on! you are correct! They fit the same as yours, like crapola!
I got two pr from motosport outlet. A pr of the Thore core in 36 (that fit perfectally with the hip pads in), the others are my Mach pants from shift. They come all the way up to my dam knees when I put them on, besides the fact that they are tight!