PDA

View Full Version : NO more bogging on the FCR

Colby@C&DRacing
02-23-2005, 06:05 PM
While we were at the dealer show this weekend I discovered a fix for the FCR carb and the bogging issue we all have been fighting. I spent allot of time at the boyesen booth discussing this problem. Boyesen has a new product out that eliminates this inherant FCR bogg for the MX carbs but they did not know that we use a different FCR carb on our 400ex's. They did not know if this part would work either. After I got home yesterday I did some parts comparison between the aftermarket FCR and the FCR mx and found that the part #'s for the accelerator pump cover on the two carbs is the same.

So what I am saying is, is that we have a bolt on parts that will make the FCR carb perform like it should. This part will be addvertised in the ATV mags some but have already be tested by the dirt bike mags and they gave it a 5 Star rating.

The boyesen QuickShot is available from C&D Racing they retail for $89.95 our normal price will be $80 but we made an advance purchase and will sell the first 15 of them for $70

Colby@C&DRacing
02-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Stock accelerator pump covers permit only a 60% - 70% fuel charge in the pump chamber. Turn the throttle and air in the chamber is compressed and fuel is delayed. The result: Hesitation or Bog. The Boyesen QuickShot cover completely fills the pump chamber with fuel, and provides instant fuel delivery, eliminating the hesitation and bog. *Fits all 4-Stroke Keihin FCR carburetors *Instant response to throttle movements *Improved low end performance *Reduced hot engine stalling *No modification required - simple bolt-on

CTmxyfz
02-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Where exactly does it mount? Is it really simple without taking out jets or anything? I have seemed to get a bog sometimes. I just had my carb get the velocity mod done to it. How many how you sold already? Ill be calling within 2 weeks to order myself one also.

CTmxyfz
02-24-2005, 10:09 AM
How much is shipping on top of that. Just wondering. I may be able to order one tonight.;)

Allen
03-01-2005, 07:46 AM
Great info......

Colby@C&DRacing
03-02-2005, 10:03 AM
We have sold all 15 of these but have more coming. Shipping is around $7.50 to you

5valves
03-02-2005, 02:35 PM
I have a P-38 on my yz250F.
Looks like the same thing. It has been out for years.

harescrambles
03-02-2005, 03:46 PM
$70:rolleyes:

5valves
03-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Go to Thumpertalk.com there is alot of info on the ac. pump mod on there.
There is a ac mod that can be performed it seemed easier to me to just buy the part.
I havent done this mod on the quad.
I went from a yz250 2 stroke to the 250f and had a bit of a problem adapting, so I did all the mods to get the bog minimized.
Seems I have gotten used to the four stroke and havent had a problem with the yfz.
I do have a power now on the 450 though.
the key is just dont go from idle to wide open.
There is a starter jet that is talked about alot on thumper talk that can be changed out. I havent messed with this jet, but have thought about it.

daddio
03-07-2005, 10:15 AM
we tried the boysen quick shot this weekend.
it works GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kid was having a slight "bog" when he hammered the throttle after landing from a jump. I pretty much gave up on the jetting, got it as good as I could, and he learned to live with it.
All I did was bolt the quickshot on, and now it's perfect. In fact, he's going so fast now, nobody believes it's a stock motor.