PDA

View Full Version : NO more bogging on the FCR

Colby@C&DRacing
02-23-2005, 06:05 PM
While we were at the dealer show this weekend I discovered a fix for the FCR carb and the bogging issue we all have been fighting. I spent allot of time at the boyesen booth discussing this problem. Boyesen has a new product out that eliminates this inherant FCR bogg for the MX carbs but they did not know that we use a different FCR carb on our 400ex's. They did not know if this part would work either. After I got home yesterday I did some parts comparison between the aftermarket FCR and the FCR mx and found that the part #'s for the accelerator pump cover on the two carbs is the same.

So what I am saying is, is that we have a bolt on parts that will make the FCR carb perform like it should. This part will be addvertised in the ATV mags some but have already be tested by the dirt bike mags and they gave it a 5 Star rating.

The boyesen QuickShot is available from C&D Racing they retail for $89.95 our normal price will be $80 but we made an advance purchase and will sell the first 15 of them for $70

Colby@C&DRacing
02-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Stock accelerator pump covers permit only a 60% - 70% fuel charge in the pump chamber. Turn the throttle and air in the chamber is compressed and fuel is delayed. The result: Hesitation or Bog. The Boyesen QuickShot cover completely fills the pump chamber with fuel, and provides instant fuel delivery, eliminating the hesitation and bog. *Fits all 4-Stroke Keihin FCR carburetors *Instant response to throttle movements *Improved low end performance *Reduced hot engine stalling *No modification required - simple bolt-on

kazpr
02-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Is the bog an issue with putting the fcr carb on the 450r also? Thanks and GREAT find!!

Colby@C&DRacing
02-24-2005, 08:47 AM
You can have this bogg with any fcr on any bike. It not only gets rid of the bogg but give much improved throttle responce.:)

CdaleXtreme
02-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Yeah the FCR has a slight hesitation off the bottom. IF you are coming down from a jump you have to roll the throttle instead of gasing it an instant before you hit the ground, if you hit the gas at the wrong time in a rythm section, and it bogs you could easily wind up on your head.

I will be purchasing this item.

CTmxyfz
02-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey Colby, how many have you sold so far? You should expect a call from me in a few days. Hope i can get one for 70 bucks still.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-25-2005, 08:51 AM
We sold 10 of them yesterday. so we still have few to sell at the $70 price

Doibugu2
02-25-2005, 08:58 AM
How much does a 39 Fcr go for now?

brandonpeake
02-25-2005, 09:20 AM
good to hear colby, this is one of my next mods with the fcr

Kennethyfz450
02-25-2005, 11:01 AM
how are they supposed to work? I dont get the concept...

I got a slight bog, but i thought jetting could fix it.

Could you explain a little more please on how the product works?

red2004 TRX450R
02-25-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Stock accelerator pump covers permit only a 60% - 70% fuel charge in the pump chamber. Turn the throttle and air in the chamber is compressed and fuel is delayed. The result: Hesitation or Bog. The Boyesen QuickShot cover completely fills the pump chamber with fuel, and provides instant fuel delivery, eliminating the hesitation and bog. *Fits all 4-Stroke Keihin FCR carburetors *Instant response to throttle movements *Improved low end performance *Reduced hot engine stalling *No modification required - simple bolt-on

Think of it as a syringe with water and air in it. Then u push it in the air has to get out first then the water. The time it takes for the air escape and the water to start to escape is the bog.
And the kit makes the syringe have no air in it.

That is kind of right but with out knowing how an accelerator pump works this is the best I can explain.

bigz-71
02-26-2005, 10:33 PM
hey colby, do you still have any? i dont think you will be open on sunday but i do want one. i would like to get it for the 70 bucks.
Jeremy