PDA

View Full Version : Gt4

fasterz
02-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Alright so who got it? i just picked it up and played all day and only like 1.9% done lol. what car you start with, i picked up an sti since i had money that tranfered from gt3 which was nice but now alot of the races i cant use it for which pisses me off cuz now i have to redo old races to get money to buy gay cars. wat u guys think of it, i think its pretty amazing how real it feels, first thing i noticed was the diving front end into turns which is sick

Jonesy
02-23-2005, 06:25 PM
got mine today.

trick450r
02-23-2005, 06:26 PM
dude can you buy a vw rabbit gti....if you can i'll buy it tomarrow lol...

MOFO
02-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Got mine today...

off to best buy or circuit city to get the high def cables... I didnt know this game supported 480P or 1080i but it does! Major bonus for me!!! :D

Cody_300ex
02-23-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm broke, But I do have it reserved at game crazy. :o

fasterz
02-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Got mine today...

off to best buy or circuit city to get the high def cables... I didnt know this game supported 480P or 1080i but it does! Major bonus for me!!! :D

ooo so thats how you get it on the hi def mode, i have a hi def tv that i play it on and it wont go on that setting. how much were they? does it make a difference? thanks

Punk'd
02-24-2005, 02:11 PM
let us know how it is it looks awesome

TGW_400ex
02-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Going to have to pick this one up

underpowered
02-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Great game. there are soooo many cool cars clasics to concepts. it even has Jay lenos Tank car. It is awesome. im only like 1% done.

02-24-2005, 02:43 PM
The best cars in GT3 were the F1 cars you could unlock, i hope this has those.

zedicus00
02-24-2005, 03:02 PM
got it, i started with a 95 honda NSX. dang i forgot how hard that car is to drive but its fast as hell when u get use to it. i luv MR cars...

MOFO
02-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by fasterz
ooo so thats how you get it on the hi def mode, i have a hi def tv that i play it on and it wont go on that setting. how much were they? does it make a difference? thanks

yep, you need the PS2 component cables... I'll be picking mine up tomorrow night.

300ex13
02-24-2005, 07:12 PM
IMO all the GT's suck...they're wayy too long to complete and the cars get upgradded to easily...they drive to "real" and its too much of a chore to drive when its a game that your trying to have fun instead of spending time gettin licences and racing the same races over and over. XBOX has more original titles and better driving simulatiion than PS2, heck XBOX has its own HDD and u dont need to fool with memory cards...........IMO all GT's suck

crday98
02-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by 300ex13
IMO all the GT's suck...they're wayy too long to complete and the cars get upgradded to easily...they drive to "real" and its too much of a chore to drive when its a game that your trying to have fun instead of spending time gettin licences and racing the same races over and over. XBOX has more original titles and better driving simulatiion than PS2, heck XBOX has its own HDD and u dont need to fool with memory cards...........IMO all GT's suck you conflict your own words kid......
you complain that the cars drive too real in the GT games but Xbox has better driving simulation?? i guess you were just born stupid;) . i would also like to know how the cars are too easy to upgrade and how you must race the same races over and over when there are more tracks in GT-4 than all of the Xbox racing games put together??
so to sum it up, GT-4 sucks because it is too hard for you? maybe you should step away from the PS2 and the Xbox and go play with Atari or something.:huh

300ex13
02-24-2005, 08:16 PM
GT4 takes wayy tooo long to complete and nothing exciting happens...the XBOX ones u can get pointless upgrades in the game like boost and it makes the game more exciting. no its not too hard i just dont have enough patience to play it. besides itts my opinion and i wasnt born "stupid"

crday98
02-24-2005, 08:21 PM
GT4 takes wayy tooo long to complete and nothing exciting happens...the XBOX ones u can get pointless upgrades in the game like boost and it makes the game more exciting. no its not too hard i just dont have enough patience to play it. besides itts my opinion and i wasnt born "stupid"
FYI, GT-4 has boost too;) and like i said, you said the GT games are too real but Xbox has better driving simulation. this doensn't make any sense. you say you weren't born stupid? well, how long did it take for you to get that way? you still never answered how the cars are easily upgraded?

TheFontMaster
02-24-2005, 08:27 PM
I got mine reserved at EB. I think I know where I'm goin tomorow.:cool:

MOFO
02-25-2005, 03:53 AM
IMO all the GT's suck...they're wayy too long to complete and the cars get upgradded to easily...they drive to "real" and its too much of a chore to drive when its a game that your trying to have fun instead of spending time gettin licences and racing the same races over and over. XBOX has more original titles and better driving simulatiion than PS2, heck XBOX has its own HDD and u dont need to fool with memory cards...........IMO all GT's suck

I can tell your a little kid that has a very low attention span and really dont know anything about cars.

For the VERY reasons you listed is why SO many people (car nuts) love this game...including myself. They drive TOO REAL and its a long game.

This game is NOT played for some cute fairy tale ending that makes little boys feel good inside...its played because its a very good DRIVING SIMULATOR!

BTW if anyone has a receiver that decodes dobly pro-logic II, I suggest you turn that feature on and get an optical cable... sounds MUCH better.

KFX21
02-25-2005, 06:12 AM
That's why it's a SIMULATOR. The cars are supposed to drive like a REAL car, this is'nt NFS Underground. I guess you probably need to back away from the game and wait until you learn to drive. All the GT's are the best racing games to date IMO.

zedicus00
02-25-2005, 08:57 AM
i like games like NFSU but i much prefer the GT series. then again i do know how to drive a real car. for that reason none of my gamer friends will play GT with me, they get sick of loosing endlessly. yes it is a long game, yes it is challenging. yes that is what i look for in a game. i play GT becuz my pocket book is not thick enuf for me to race like this in real life.

KFX21
02-25-2005, 09:04 AM
That's why i like it so well. It's the closest thing to a real life experience. Besides the F-1 cars, what's everybody's favorite car or cars?

300ex13
02-25-2005, 12:16 PM
guys im not trying to affend anyone im just giving my opinion to the GT4...i am 16 and i hate really long endless games...i may have a short attention span but i like it that way

LTZ400rider
02-25-2005, 01:48 PM
can u transfer cars from ur gt3 memory card to gt4?

PHAT400
02-25-2005, 01:59 PM
guys im not trying to affend anyone im just giving my opinion to the GT4...i am 16 and i hate really long endless games...i may have a short attention span but i like it that way

Hey no offense tak...... man what about them cub's huh... so what do you all think...... I really like the smell of butter...... speaking of endless game's has anyone ever played...... Man my fingers hurt....

:devil:

Giz400ex
02-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
can u transfer cars from ur gt3 memory card to gt4? That I'm not sure but my buddy said that if you use the memory of GT3, you will get 2 cars and 100,000 credits or money, whatever they use to buy cars now!

crday98
02-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
can u transfer cars from ur gt3 memory card to gt4?
no, but you can transfer a max of 100,000 credits and all of your licenses over from GT-3 so you don't have to do the tests over.;)

chris400
02-25-2005, 06:08 PM
that game sounds sickk.

i really want it now especially from whats been said about it and stuff.. i had 3 but i lost it:ermm:

FoxRacing81
02-25-2005, 07:21 PM
If I didn't just spend all my damn money rebuilding my motor, I would be playing it right now. Maybe I should go bust out GT3 just to hold me over until I can get it.....or I could just keep playing the same game I have been playing for the last month...(Madden 2005....very addicting).

PHAT400
02-25-2005, 08:56 PM
It's a great time but you really need to be into all the dynamic's of automobile's. Handling under braking, accelaration, carrying your speed into corner's... man what a blast...

I love this series of game's simpl,y because it is so far.. as real as it get's.

I was lucky enough to attend the ESPN Russell school of racing Feb 1-3 Ainfinion Raceway in Sonoma CA. And let me tell you, they yreally can teach even a seasoned racer a thing or two...

Try Infinion in the arcade mode under World Courses. It's an absolute blast. The Wheel help's if you really want it to seem real...

Whew, I'm phsyched again... gonna go drive some more...

:devil:

MOFO
02-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Well I finally got the component cables for the PS2.... playing GT4 in 1080i is great! Big difference.

PHAT400, do you have one of those steering wheels? The GT by any chance? I've been debating wireless controllers or that wheel...

PHAT400
02-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Well I finally got the component cables for the PS2.... playing GT4 in 1080i is great! Big difference.

PHAT400, do you have one of those steering wheels? The GT by any chance? I've been debating wireless controllers or that wheel...

Hey Eric... what's up man?

I have the Logitech driving force wheel that I've just about worn out on GT3. It work's great. I played some more last evening after the last post and I still can't believe the diff in the hadling of the cars from 3 to 4.

I am so old school it is'nt even funny.

Bought the GNX.... YES SIR..... A BUICK GRAND NATIONAL G N X....

Tweeked it with a race intercooler, a larger turbo, race exhaust and filter, sport suspension (that helped a bunch), race brakes, race clutch and flywheel, race compound tires and I reduced the unsprung weight by 200 lbs...

Man what a difference that made from stock...

I was the proud owner of one of these rare bird's in June of 1987. Drove the rear tire's off that thing twice before selling it to the Sales manager of the dealership that I bought it from in December of that same year...

Yup, you geussed it... could'nt afford it anymore..

:huh

MOFO
02-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by PHAT400

I am so old school it is'nt even funny.

I hear ya.... I cant wait until I can buy or win the BMW 2002 or the MK 1 VW GTI.... :D

chucked
02-26-2005, 08:15 PM
I got all the beginner courses done and i got bored of workin my *** off to get money for a nice car, so I got game shark, now I have 19 digits worth of dollars...

enduro400rider
02-26-2005, 08:51 PM
i got it tuesday night i love it i started out with the GTO 5.7 and bought the GTI from tuner world its so much different then GT3 the tracks seem a little tighter but i love that they have a drag strip and alot more cars to choose from. i got this gay little toyota from wining a race and its like electric or somthing cuz its really slow and i cant even sell it, its worth nothing

8804Rs
02-26-2005, 09:13 PM
If anyone has the new logitech wheel, how do you like it. I can't decide if I want to put up the money for one or not. So, how do you like it and is it worth the money. Thanks in advance.

TGW_400ex
02-27-2005, 10:26 AM
How do you transfer credits from GT3?

TGW_400ex
02-27-2005, 10:31 AM
bump

TGW_400ex
02-27-2005, 11:08 AM
bump

Brian450
02-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Can you play GT4 online?

awj8074
02-27-2005, 11:42 AM
I hear ya.... I cant wait until I can buy or win the BMW 2002 or the MK 1 VW GTI.... :D The BMW 2002 suprised me i really didnt think it would be that great of a car in the game but it handles pretty damn good and its quick.

MOFO
02-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by awj8074
The BMW 2002 suprised me i really didnt think it would be that great of a car in the game but it handles pretty damn good and its quick.

...just like real life. My buddy has a 2002 and it handles like its on rails.

chucked
02-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
How do you transfer credits from GT3? actually you can transfer the a and b licenses if you had them, go to "home" click on "Status" then somewhere in there it should say something about transfering the stuff.

Chef
02-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Best GT game EVER IMO. If you don't know how to get a car into a corner, through the center, and off, you will get sick of this game VERY fast. Its so realistic its not even funny...I won the Camaro LM Race car, sold it, and bought a Ford GT. After doing some NA upgrades and such, the car was like undrivable. Super, super darty. I fixed it by putting the rollcage in it and softening up the rear springs...it went away almost 100%. This game is sweet.

chucked
02-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Best GT game EVER IMO. If you don't know how to get a car into a corner, through the center, and off, you will get sick of this game VERY fast. Its so realistic its not even funny...I won the Camaro LM Race car, sold it, and bought a Ford GT. After doing some NA upgrades and such, the car was like undrivable. Super, super darty. I fixed it by putting the rollcage in it and softening up the rear springs...it went away almost 100%. This game is sweet. I bought the f1 BMW car, put the stage 4 turbo on it, wow like 1100hp, sticks to the road like super glue

Brian450
02-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned allready. Its the same in GT3. I purchesed the ford f-150 lighting, then put some mods on it. The HP was 568 before I changed the oil and its now 597hp.

trick450r
02-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I hear ya.... I cant wait until I can buy or win the BMW 2002 or the MK 1 VW GTI.... :D

i want it jus to buy the MK1...also its not a GTi they only made the GTI's 83',and 84 and the mk1 in the game is an original 75' ...can you tell i own a 84' GTI