PDA

View Full Version : New GNCC Stock rules

GE4x4
02-23-2005, 10:58 AM
GNCC NEWS
GNCC ATV Four-Stroke Stock Class: Playing by the Rules
The ATV four-stroke stock class has become one of the premier classes in our series - and it's also one of the most competitive.

So to make sure the heated competition for wins doesn't override the rules (which is critical in this class), here are some clarifications:

Aftermarket tie-rods are legal in the class for 2005

Aftermarket A-arms are not legal in the class for 2005

Tire Balls are legal in the class for 2005

Flex Barr handlebar systems are legal in the class for 2005

As always, we're willing to take feedback on our rule system, and we're clarifying these rules based on the feedback we have gotten from the racers. We do our best to avoid making rule changes mid-season, so any changes to this class structure will have to be made for the 2006 GNCC season.

In addition, beginning at our next race in Florida, we will take the top-three finishers in the Four-Stroke Stock Class and inspect their ATVs immediately after the race. We will inspect four components on the top three machines to make sure they're in compliance with our rule structure. We will not announce the four components we will check until we are checking them. So make sure you're in compliance with our rule structure (posted below).

The Four-Stroke Stock class is all about having a level playing field - please help us keep it that way so the racing will remain fair for everyone.

Thanks,

-GNCC Racing

GNCC Stock ATV Rule Structure
Stock (ATV) - May change front shocks, tires, wheels, throttle assembly, axle, handlebars, grips, skid plates, plastics and seat covers, including those that add traction, but may not change seat height. May add bead locks, nerf bars, foot peg extensions, and open or closed end, metal or plastic hand guards. May not add steering stabilizers or air filter sleeves. May not add front shock reservoirs, or modify or remove front shock reservoirs from machines that come equipped with them. Riders may change front shocks on ATVs that do not come with rebuildable stock front shocks, but they may not replace the front shocks on ATVs that do come with rebuildable units stock (like the YFZ450). Only machines that come equipped with front reservoirs stock may run them. All motor components and rear suspension must remain stock. Aftermarket replacement parts may be used so long as they do not improve motor performance, add travel to the suspension, or have a reservoir. Example: must have stock pipe, silencer, carburetor, air box, air cleaner, rear shocks, etc....

1fastprototype
02-23-2005, 06:45 PM
And who ever thought the day would come when a stock quad would run in the stock class.:devil:

indygncc
02-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Last time I checked there have always been stock quads in the stock class. Ive been around the class and have never experienced any noticeable cheaters and if they were they were not winning.

240GNCC400
02-24-2005, 12:39 PM
flex bars, tire balls, beadlocks, aftermarket tie rods.....

still doesnt seem stock to me

Bill Fuller
02-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Don't sound like stock to me:rolleyes: Sponser money sure does talk.I can live with changing the tires,handle bars and I might consider frame gussets but thats about it.Hand guards and nerf bars should be considered a legal option for all(safety).

Luecker
02-24-2005, 06:45 PM
The important part is that the engine and suspension are stock.

All the aftermarket stuff is for comfort/control and more durability to make it through the race.

Are oversize fuel tanks allowed?

AndreS
02-24-2005, 08:38 PM
doesn't sound too stock to me either, but i'm not racing out east.

in the WORCS rules for stock class(this year), the only things you can change are handlebars, tires, thumb throttle, and the rider is required to add nerfs & a kill cord.

Lime400EX
02-28-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Luecker
The important part is that the engine and suspension are stock.

All the aftermarket stuff is for comfort/control and more durability to make it through the race.

Are oversize fuel tanks allowed?

Oversize fuel tanks are NOT allowed.

The stock class was designed for the person that doesn't have much money. It is cheaper to put skid plates on your quads belly and swing arm than it is to bust something. That also goes with the oversize bumper. Tie rods on the 450R are weak and are $14.00 dollars each to replace. Trust me I now. Mike Penland sells a good tie rod that will last. Tires and wheels, handle bars, grips, seat covers, levers are items that get damaged during everyday riding and are close to the same price as stock parts. Nerf bars and hand guards are for your safety as like skid plates and oversize bumper is for your quads saftey.

Let's not beat up the stock class. For Cross Country racing, it is not about how fast your engine is. If you have good tires and set up the suspension the best you can keeping the quad stock you can do real well. Just keep in mind that the less mistakes you make the better you will do. If you keep a pace with out hitting a tree you will do great.