PDA

View Full Version : frame sand blast or paint stripper

YZ400EX
02-22-2005, 11:18 PM
I have a 400ex frame and am doing a YZ400 into 400ex conversion and want to get it all PC'd after I am done..I called around and the cheapest I could find someone to sandblast for me was $40 and I went to the local auto paint store and I bought a gallon of aircraft paint stripper for $25..I know it will be more work to put the stripper all over the frame and do it that way, but do you think it would be a good idea?? I also have a 300ex frame and swing arm that I wanna strip so I figured if this stripper would work I would have enough for all of it instead of paying $40 each time to get them blasted..What does everyone think??

Jay99400ex
02-22-2005, 11:37 PM
I personally like to have a bunch of strippers around while i sand blast hehe j/k my first frame i used stripper, it's a bit of a pain, but i recommend get some long armed rubber gloves and some 3m pads, scotchbrite pads and let the stripper set awhile then scrub the tough spots with the pad... sand blasting is faster but way messier, unless you build a small room, you can pick up a nice blaster for like $60 if you plan to do it alot...

YZ400EX
02-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Well having the room to sandblast it myself isnt a problem, but I dont have a compressor big enough to power one..