PDA

View Full Version : back from Sand Lake

dirtmomma
02-22-2005, 09:07 PM
WEll I just typed a HUGE thread & when I hit post it said I had too many smilies:mad: so I went to go back & it was ALL GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY we went to Sand Lake Or. for 5 days this past weekend & had a GREAT time, I will post more w/ pics tomarrow now i'm too pooped to type anymore LOL

We went w/ 7 of us, 7 quads, 1 buggy, came home w/ all except one RUNNING quad LOL, one lost kick starter, & one toasted battery & starter bearing :D NO injuries, kids had a BLAST DJ got to ride borrowed equipment for 2-3 days, a Preddy,440 stroker,& 450R....................................tough life huh?! He rode the hell outta ALL of them & is DEFINELTY ready for more CC's for the trails,racing ect
My poor little 300 was so HP robbed, the sand was SOOO ROUGH, Friday morning it was BEAUTIFUL, smooth, then as the weekend got busier & the wind died down in the night, it was like riding a whoop section the whole time, my *** got sore LOL, Trevor our lil guy rode the 90 for the 1st time & did GREAT, he was 4th pinned on the flats, crazy little chit LOL, I don't know if he'll like going back to the LEM 50 now!!! We'll see he will be racing in a few weeks, he will either go faster on the LEM somehow or be REAL bored out on the track, if thats the case guess we'll have to step him up!!!!

So I'll get some pics up tomarrow w/ more in a few days!!!!

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-22-2005, 10:35 PM
cant wait to see those pics;)

stryker
02-23-2005, 02:39 AM
I use to live in Portland, Or! I would drop by Sand lake once in a while with friends to ride. Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait to get back there and ride the Dunes in Southern Oregon again and maybe even hit up sand lake too!:D I looking forward to seeing those pics.

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Ok well here's a few pics out of the digi cam, I didn't take it w/ me much as to not get sand in it!! I have 2 throw away cameras I will take in today to develop :)

Here's one of me on my baby :) after 5 days of camping LOL

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Here's Trev "surfin" behind Dad's quad LOL

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Here's my nephew Justin on his R gettin a little air!! We tried to build this jump up for the boys & hte buggy got a couple decent jumps in till it broke down!!

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:13 AM
Doug in the buggy gettin some air!!! whoohooo :p

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:14 AM
my 300 in dune attire :D

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Another of the buggy catchin some air!!

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Here's my boys DJ & Trevor on my sisters 250ex whoopwhoop slow er down there DJ LMAO ;);)
this was the "rescue" quad LOL

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Here's is what the big boys did for entertainment LOL, DJ is driving & Justin is on the boogie board coming down the hill so they could get enough speed on the 250ex LMAO it was comical to say the least!!

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:23 AM
My nephews R again this thing was the fastest R I seen there, he beat everything he raced :D:devil: :blah: :macho

People look @ it like it's a POS cuz of the broken plastics ect. but once they hear/see it run they are like DAYUMMM

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:25 AM
This is our welder/fabricator Doug & his buggy he made!! He had a blast, only got it stuck in one tree shoot, took 2 trucks to pull him up & he drew a crowd of about 50 peeps LOL

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Here's Doug, my nephew Justin, my bro Bobby :D & the buggy again!!

dirtmomma
02-23-2005, 08:29 AM
This is what it looked like Thurs. morning, by the weekend you couldn't even see the sand there were sooooo many rigs in the parking lot & out on the sand it was AWESOME!!

Thats it for now till I get the film developed, I'll have more riding ones in there!!

JOEX
02-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Nice pics Kym, looks like nice weather too;) Wish I could have made it.

How did you like using the paddles?

QuadJunkies
02-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Looks like you all had a great time!! I sure miss the Oregon Coast :( I wish it was closer ..... I rarely ride sand anymore but when I do I make the most out of it .... :)

Aceman
02-23-2005, 09:32 PM
It looks like you guys had a blast!! How do you like those Geckos on your 300. I have a brand new set I've never tried along with some used sand skate II's also and have never even went duning yet. Heck, Sand Lake is only 45 min from my folks' house.
I've heard if you aren't careful you can get hurt at Sand Lake. A guy I knew that worked for the sheriff's department says they have one decapitation a year usually. Too many people in to small of an area. Heck, my bosses wife was on jury duty and the defendent was in trouble for jumping his decked out Bronco onto a guy riding an ATV down below the jump, landed right on top of him. Atv rider didn't have a chance.:( What happened is tHe spotter gave the go ahead to the guy in the bronco, then the spotter saw a guy on an atv down below come around a hill or something and it was too late to stop the bronco before he hit the jump. So be careful.

JOEX
02-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
It looks like you guys had a blast!! How do you like those Geckos on your 300. I have a brand new set I've never tried along with some used sand skate II's also and have never even went duning yet. Heck, Sand Lake is only 45 min from my folks' house.
I've heard if you aren't careful you can get hurt at Sand Lake. A guy I knew that worked for the sheriff's department says they have one decapitation a year usually. Too many people in to small of an area. Heck, my bosses wife was on jury duty and the defendent was in trouble for jumping his decked out Bronco onto a guy riding an ATV down below the jump, landed right on top of him. Atv rider didn't have a chance.:( What happened is tHe spotter gave the go ahead to the guy in the bronco, then the spotter saw a guy on an atv down below come around a hill or something and it was too late to stop the bronco before he hit the jump. So be careful.
Yeah, Sandlake can be scary on the weekends and more so on holiday weekends. You have to ride very defensively which kinda takes the fun out of riding but keeps you on your toes. During the week it can be great.

I have heard about the Bronco story:(

dirtmomma
02-24-2005, 07:52 AM
WEll as for how did the Gecko's work, it was our 1st time running paddles so as far as we know they worked good :) Last time we went I ran Duro flattrack tires so YES they did work better than those LOL, got me out of the hole quicker!!

YES it's VERY scary when ALL those people are there, Thurs. morning was nice, we took Trev out there was hardly nobody out there so he got some good riding in. Fri,Sat. mornings were CRAZZZZYYYYY there were sooooo many people on the beach & EVERWHERE!! In fact we took him back to camp due to ALL the quads,bikes,buggies,trucks ect I got a little scared someone was gonna take hime out:ermm:
There was traffic backed up sooooooo bad I bet it was out to the entrance & everywhere in between trying to get in/out. The campground & EVERYTHING was FULL to capacity so they were all trying to get out to the sand, it was a MAD HOUSE for a few hours, we had some friends come up from Vancouver, but they ended up leaving due to no parking :( oh well maybe next time :)
We did have a blast I'm ready to go back~!!!!!!! Was bummin I came home LOL, now if I just had MORE HORSEPOWER :D:D

QuadJunkies
02-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
WEll as for how did the Gecko's work, it was our 1st time running paddles so as far as we know they worked good :) Last time we went I ran Duro flattrack tires so YES they did work better than those LOL, got me out of the hole quicker!!

YES it's VERY scary when ALL those people are there, Thurs. morning was nice, we took Trev out there was hardly nobody out there so he got some good riding in. Fri,Sat. mornings were CRAZZZZYYYYY there were sooooo many people on the beach & EVERWHERE!! In fact we took him back to camp due to ALL the quads,bikes,buggies,trucks ect I got a little scared someone was gonna take hime out:ermm:
There was traffic backed up sooooooo bad I bet it was out to the entrance & everywhere in between trying to get in/out. The campground & EVERYTHING was FULL to capacity so they were all trying to get out to the sand, it was a MAD HOUSE for a few hours, we had some friends come up from Vancouver, but they ended up leaving due to no parking :( oh well maybe next time :)
We did have a blast I'm ready to go back~!!!!!!! Was bummin I came home LOL, now if I just had MORE HORSEPOWER :D:D

if you rode up here at St. A's you wouldnt have that problem.... :D heh