PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Dealer EXPO - Indianapolis, IN

Admin
02-22-2005, 04:37 PM
The 37th Annual Dealer EXPO was held for its 9th year in Indianapolis, IN

Admin
02-22-2005, 04:41 PM
The Dealer EXPO continues to grow every year and vendors are spread throughout the RCA Dome, Indiana Convention Center, and Westin Hotel. I was at the event for a full two days and walked for miles, and I still feel like I didn't get to see everything because every corner of building space was filled to capacity.

Admin
02-22-2005, 04:44 PM
The RCA Dome floor itself was filled primarily with Street Bike Vendors, but there were a few ATV products to be found in the mix.

Admin
02-22-2005, 04:48 PM
The Convention Center itself was jammed packed with every major manufacturer looking to show off there newest products to the dealers.

Part Unlimited had one of there Semi trucks on display and with reps from around the country.

Admin
02-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Even a birds eye view from the back of the convention center can't demonstrate true size of the event.

Admin
02-22-2005, 04:56 PM
With so many vendors and products it is difficult to decide were to start, so I might as well start with the familiar face of Pro Racer,#18 Johnny Gallager (JohnnyC).

I found Johnny at the Powermadd booth greeting visitors for one of his Sponsors.

Admin
02-22-2005, 04:58 PM
PowerMadd showed off their Chrome Hand Guards and announced that they would have several new colors available for 2005, but they didn't have any for display :(

www.powermadd.com

Admin
02-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Upstairs in the Westin Building, Johnny Gallagher had his Honda 450R on Display at the Lonestar Racing Booth.

Dan Fisher made the trip out to show the show by himself after Sheldon was seriously injuried in a wreck in the dunes that has him in the hospital, so please keep sheldon in your thoughts.

www.lsracing.com

Admin
02-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Lonestar has been heavily involved in MX racing for years, but with riders like Johnny Gallagher, Traci Cecco, myself, and others hounding them for XC Products, they are know producing new products specifically for the XC Racers.

One of their newest products is the XC A-arm that Johnny Gallagher is currently testing in the GNCC Series and it proofed itself right away at the rocky Texas track this past weekend.

Also, Lonestar is producing Stock Width replacement axles for XC racers to replace their weak factory axles without going wider.

Finally, Lonestar is testing a new rear linkage for the 450R that is totally different than stock.

Admin
02-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Johnny Gallagher's ATV was also decked out with Maier's new simulated carbon fiber fenders which look almost identical to the hoods they produced in the fall.

The new look was really cool looking, but the proto-type material will be changed for production because the fenders wouldn't have lasted one muddy race with the current material, but it is great to see that Maier is constantly trying to develop new products.

More to come of Maier later in the Coverage.

Admin
02-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Lonestar is also addressing the high demand for Pit Bike products and are producing Frames and other parts for the Honda 50's.

Admin
02-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Around the corner, I found GNCC Pro Rider #9,Todd Knippenberg, and his girl friend Korena Ford at the Houser Booth.

Admin
02-22-2005, 05:39 PM
I couldn't find any new products from Houser since the show, but his A-arm display showing the Standard Travel and Long Travel A-arm setup with the new Works Shock caught my attention.

www.houser-racing.com

Admin
02-22-2005, 05:42 PM
ATK is still alive and well, and are excited about the GNCC Contigency program they are offering to riders this year.

Pro GNCC Racer #17, Jeff Stoess, and ATK Owner, Frank White.

Admin
02-22-2005, 05:52 PM
ATK has researched the flaws in the Cannondale engines and found 7 major defects in the original engine produced, and they have found solutions to the problems are offering existing cannondale owners the oppurtunity to get there engines updated before they grenade.

The currently producted ATK machines are now 450cc and come with all the updated.

www.atkusa.com

Admin
02-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Dinali purchased the rights to cannondale names and blue prints to the parts and had a machine on display last year, but this year it wasn't on display and they are producing a totally different machine for the Adult Sport Market.

What was interesting was that the company Feishen had a cannondale looking machine with Fiberglass fenders on display and requested no photos of the machine, so I took a photo of their wall hanging :cool:

I tried to talk to them, but they didn't speak very good English and I gave up, so time will tell what they are up to.

Admin
02-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Halo Innovations made their debut at the Indy Show, and they are going to produce Shocks and A-arms, which will be available to purchase by June or July.

The company is located in Stratford, CT and has been started up by two engineers that were orginally involved in the develop of the Cannondale.

www.halo-pi.com

Admin
02-22-2005, 06:22 PM
I spoke Joe about the new shocks and he told me they will be produced with Aluminum Bodies and will have high and low speed compression adjustments along with Rebound adjustments. They will have Spherical Bearings and Hard Anodized

The rear shocks will have Piggy Back Reservoirs and the fronts will have remote reservoirs, which is the opposite of almost every other aftermarket shock. Usually the fronts are piggy back and the rear is remote for front mounting and easier adjustment, so I am curious there current concept remains at production.

Also, they will be offering Titanium Springs for those looking to save every ounce at the cost of several hundred dollars a spring :eek:

Admin
02-22-2005, 06:30 PM
The Upper A-arms will be Aluminum which are hand Tig Welded then Heated treated and Anodized to bring it back up to T-6 strength and the ball joints will be custom turned for each machine, so no spindle modifications will be required.

Admin
02-22-2005, 06:30 PM
The lower A-arms will be 4130 Seamless Steel Tubing that is hand Tig Welded and will come with integrated ball joints and will use the Stock Bushings for mounting to the frame. They will be epoxy powdercoated for durability.

Admin
02-22-2005, 07:00 PM
The big buzz in suspension was at the Elka Booth with the development of their newest shock design (Twin Rate Adjustment Chamber Knob) TRACK System.

Several Elka riders including William Yokley have been testing the new design and they were on William's machine for the Texas round.

www.elkasuspension.com

Admin
02-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Elka's Description of the TRACK System

"The principle behind the TRACK System is the addition of a second chamber in parallel with the standard compression circuit found in traditional shock absorbers. Ajdusted by an extermal knob, this chamber offers initial resistance that is independent of the principle damping circuit. By behing activated before the main hydraulic circuit, the initial resistance provides greater comfort and better control in many situations without any perceptible transition for the rider."

In short, the second chamber acts like a buffer between the high and low speed compression stages to soften peak velocity impact forces.

This suspension will be extensively tested before being released to the public later this year. ATVriders.com will be one of the 1st to test this product and share the results in the near future.

Admin
02-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Elka other new shock is the "Dune Edition" which has been out for several months as displayed on the Elka Banner.

The Dune Edition shock was developed for the Dune enthusiast that needed a shock specifically valved for sand riding. The shock is designed to provide more low speed compression resistance to elminate diving and body roll and prevents bottoming out on g-outs in transition between dunes and jumping. Also, the shock provides softer high-speed compression to absorb the choppy terrain at high speeds.

Admin
02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Fox Racing Shox also have made some significant changes in their shock line for 2005 with the help of Pro Rider, John Natalie Jr.

John Natalie Jr started testing their new Float X Evol after the end of the GNC Series and used the suspension to win the Pro Quads Stadium Series Championship. John is extremely excited to be working with Fox and can't wait till they are available to the public.

www.foxracingshox.com

Admin
02-22-2005, 07:42 PM
The photo below demonstrates the differences between the original version and the newest Float X Evol.

Fox's Description

"The innovative FLOAT X EVOL AirShox deliver and ultra wide range of externally adjustable compression and rebound damping with infinite dual stage air spring adjustability…springs are history. With the supplied air pump, you can easily adjust the air pressure to achieve the perfect sag and gravity defying bottom out resistance. Great Adjustability means a customized ride that can be dialed into the demands of the toughest track.”

Admin
02-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Ohlins didn't have any near shocks on display, but they were pleased to be involved in the GNCC Series this year with the Contengency Program for Ohlins riders.

I also ran across Progressive Suspension again, but they still haven't released their new shock to the public and they told me toward the end of the year. I think they are trying to lower the cost of the shock because their suspension was going to cost much more than the compeition because of all components involved.

Custom Axis didn't have anything new either beside their hex head rebound adjustment option, which wasn't any big news.

Admin
02-23-2005, 12:46 PM
IMS released most of their new products at the Kentucky show, but they did announce that they will be producing their own Radiators in the near future.

In the past they have outsourced the radiators from Fluidyne and PWR, and these companies produced a fine radiator, but they were only interested in selling their product for full retail and not trying to help support ATV racing on any level.

IMS tried to convince them to discount or offer atleast the top Pro riders Free Radiators, but both companies refused. IMS decided that they would longer promote or sell products for a company that doesn't stand behind racing and decided to produce their own radiators.

Scott Wright at IMS is dedicated to taking ATV Racing to a higher level and thinks it is important that companies help support the racers in the sport.

Thanks IMS for taking a stand for ATV racing and everyone should remember this when they purchase their next radiator.

I personally will never purchase a Fluidyne or PWR radiator until their policy changes.

Admin
02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
STM Slipper Clutch System is produced in Italy, and it seems to be popular for Motorcycle street racing from what I have read.

WOW STM Slipper Clutch Work:
After years of experience and satisfaction in the production of competition engines components, STM Slipper Clutches uses the same technology, which has been already used on dry clutches, on wet clutches, too. Result: performances get better, components lubrication increases the efficacy of the system. This system, working with steel balls and ramps, helps the pilot while turning avoiding the rear wheel to slip during an hard braking. Also if you use it on every day roads, there are some advantages: it avoids dangerous skiddings, it increases safety and protects the internal parts of the engine. It avoids extra strokes, and reduces tyre wear of the rear wheel.
All components come from STM Slipper Clutch, is made with the most sophisticated machines.
For the production STM Slipper Clutches selects the best aeronautic alloys and the best suppliers for surface treatments. Drum and hub are realized in Ergal 7075 and oxidized to last long.
Also the pusher plate is in 7075, but it has a steel ring which gives a stiff support to the Diaphragm Evoluzione spring . This spring is the real heart: it is possible to chose between different kind of hardness and adapt the clutch to pilot's needs. Pusher plate kit, with the function of checking plates opening is completed by a brassbearing rest holder and a pusher spring hub in steel and nitride coating. This treatment helps steel components to last longer, increasing surface hardness.
STM Slipper Clutches kit assembly uses original Friction Plates, Drive Plates and basket."

This Clutch system looks to only be produced for the Motorcycles, but I am sure it would transfer over to the quads since they produce one for a CRF450, but it doesn't come cheap with a price tag over $1,000.00.

www.slipperclutch.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Rekluse also had a booth at the show and they stayed busy all weekend explaining how their z-start auto clutch system worked to dealers, and were very pleased with the response they received this year.

www.rekluse.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 04:58 PM
New for 2005, Rekluse is producing a Rear Brake Lever to mount on the Bars with the Front Clutch Lever. Since you don't need to use the clutch with auto clutch system, it would work perfect. It is currently only available for the Motorcycles, but a quad version will be in development very soon.

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Forever Lever demonstrated their flexible clutch lever that is guaranteed to last forever with wear items being replaced as needed.

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:04 PM
ODI Power Sports

ATV Grips System

These ATV grips lock onto the bars with patented design locking system, so no wire ties or glue is needed.

They are available in Ruffian or Roque grip patterns.

www.odipowersports.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Pro Grip revealed their triple density Grips with a Hard inner compound with a softer outlayer that also contains an even softer layer for gripping.

FIRM ON THE INSIDE, GEL OUTSIDE, MEDIUM IN THE MIDDLE Riders are always looking for solutions of SOFT GRIPS that don't slip on the bar. The rule in grip design is thet the softer the material the more the grip will slip against the bar. Plastiche Cassano is the company that first offered due density grips to the Motorcycle world and we try to bring new technical solutions to the market as the need arises. Sowe decided to design an even stronger inner sleeve to help minimize grip movement, while providing both a soft gel material and a harder material where needed.

www.progrip.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Fasst Co - Flexx Bars have become extremely popular the past year with with unique design. I have personally used these bars and they work great.

New for 2005, they are now offering a new riser center section to allow clearance for bar mount steering stabilizers. Also, they are experimenting with Anondizing the bars Blue and Red.

Fasst Co is also a Site Sponsor and C&D Racing will be releasing some good news for ATVriders.com interested in burying a set of Flexx Bars in the near future.

Here's the quick low-down:
Adjustable rise; customize your bar bend to fit you.
Full size bike handlebars are 32” wide.
Mini bike (50's,65's,80's) handlebar is 29" wide.
Quad handlebar is 31" wide.
14 degree is close to a stock Yamaha, and stock 2003 Honda bend.
Interchangeable elastomers to fit your riding style (soft, med, hard and stiff). All bars are shipped with medium, hard and stiff except mini's; they ship with soft, medium and hard.
Absorbs most vibration!
Ride longer and harder.
Reduce arm pump and hand fatigue.
Braking bumps and hard landings become less of an issue.

www.fasstco.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:25 PM
One of Fasst Co founders, Cole Towsend, was also happy to show off their lastest invention a replacement rear brake pin system.

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:27 PM
The Brake Clevis System is designed to eliminate the "play" in the OEM Setup, which is a common problem due to the mild steel used by many OEM manufacturers. I personally wear out atleast a couple a year on my race quad. Maybe, I should stay off the brakes :D, I might win more often.

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Tag Metals revealed that they will be producing anti-vibe steering stems for 2005, so you can now have Tag Grips, Bars, and Stem.

I believe the stems will be released for around $300.00

www.tagmetals.cc

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:43 PM
New Anodized Tag T2 Bars

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Cycra has been know for years in ATV racing for their ProBend Alloy Hanguards, and they now have two different style smaller hand guards for those that don't want the wrap around to the bar ends protection.

The ATV Stealth DX and M4 Sport Quad Handshields are now available.

www.cycra.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
2004 GNC Women's TT Champion, Mandy Brodil, attended the show to check out some of the lastest products.

Admin
02-23-2005, 05:56 PM
GPR has been well recognized for their Handlebar mounted Stablizers for ATVs for years with the quick adjust dial.

www.gprstabilizer.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:00 PM
For 2005, they are releasing their third generation Stablizer with the adjustment knob located by grips so you can adjust it with your thumb without letting go of the bars:eek:

This is a very clever idea, and it should work great. The only problem I see would be the relocation of the Start Button on Electric Start Machines and possible the movement of the clutch perch.

www.gprstablizer.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Maier Mfg released several new products for the ATV Market over the last few months.

One of their newest products is the 450R Front Fender with the intergrated scoop and fender sections. The Side radiator shrouds are seperate pieces which makes this front fender assembly a three piece system.

www.maier-mfg.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:07 PM
The fenders utilize the factory mounting bracket.

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:10 PM
In addition to the new 450R plastic, they are also producing Warrior Fenders that resemble its bigger brother the YFZ450. Also, they are producing LTZ400 fenders without the Headlight cut out for the racers.

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Maier Mfg showed off their Orange VForce Fenders on Mickey Dunlaps "G FORCE 900"

The Four Stroke Tech Team machines were everywhere at the show, and I give the team credit for representing their sponsors.

My eyes started to hurt from seeing so much orange at the show :eek2:

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:14 PM
A closer look at this 900 Beast:macho

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:15 PM
The attention to detail on the machine was incredible, and I believe it will be forsale if anyone is interested in owning this machine.

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Not only were the Four Stroke Tech machines on display, but also most of the team was in attendance as well sporting their bright color attire.

Left to Rigt:

Michael Houston, Crystal Houston, Bryan Cook, and Bonnie Cook:D

Well, I may be jumping the gun on Bonnie, but she is defiantly engaged to Bryan, and I was very impressed by the ROCK that Bonnie proudly showed me. When Bryan proposed, he did it right. Congratulations, this has been a long time coming, and I better be invited to the Wedding :macho

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Even Mickey Dunlap himself was in attendance at the show as he poses with Mike Young the founder of Big Gun Exhaust.

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Big Gun exhaust had Byran Cook's Sweet looking YFZ on display.

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Big Gun had their new Black Limited edition EVO Exhaust System on Display.

www.biggunexhaust.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 06:56 PM
The new EVO end caps with Spark Arrestor.

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Leo Vince Exhaust Systems will be releasing their X3 systems for the ATV market after years of producing exhaust for the sporbike industry.

They will be producing titanium, carbon fiber, and aluminum systems

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:08 PM
A look inside their canistor.

Leo Vince Webiste (http://www.sitogroup.com/servlet/page?_pageid=384&_dad=sitop30&_schema=SITOP30&origine=X3&voce_menu_sx=78&voce_menu_dx=119813&voce_menu_sx=78&voce_menu_dx=118)

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Scorpion is also releasing an ATV Exhaust System

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:14 PM
A close look at the highly polished finish of the Scorpion Exhaust and Spark Arrestor.

www.scorpion-exhausts.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:18 PM
LRD showed off their new "Ballistec" Coasted exhaust which is armor coating that is high temperature resistant to heat oxidation and provide thermal insulation.

They also are offering exhaust with Carbon fiber Canistors.

www.lrdperformance.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:19 PM
DG Performances new Bullet Exhaust. It is about time they released something with more style.

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:32 PM
FMF Exhaust System

www.fmfracing.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Two Brothers Exhaust System

www.twobros.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:34 PM
The 24K Bubba Stewart mini bike

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Dr. D Exhaust System.

www.dubachracing.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Pro Circuit Exhaust System

www.procircuit.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:47 PM
HMF is well known exhaust systems, but they are now expanding their product line to include bumpers, graphic kits and other unique products.

www.hmfengineering.com

Admin
02-23-2005, 07:51 PM
HMF master mind, Hans, lastest project :eek: They will be bringing it down to Daytona for its test ride, so look out for it because it shouldn't be hard to pick out with its unique handlebar location.

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Moving on to some Internal Engine Components.

Falicon has been known for producing some of the best stroker cranks in the Industry

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:29 AM
For those looking for a Cannondale replacement Crank, Falicon has a 450cc version available.

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:30 AM
They also have a 450cc Stroker Crank for the LTZ400 and with an oversized piston it can go up to 493cc.

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Falicon is also producing Cast Cylinders for the TRX450R that takes a 98mm Piston, which will increase it to over 500cc

www.faliconcranks.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Everyone has become familiar with Hot Cams and then Hot Rods. Now, Hot Rods will be producing Drop in Cranks for various ATVs

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:39 AM
400EX 4mm Stroker Crank

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:42 AM
To Harness all this new power, RK Chains is releasing their XW Ring Chains with a maximum tensile strength rated at 8500 foot pounds and suitable up to 750cc ATV/Quads and Off-Road bikes

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:46 AM
DID Chains showed off their ATV XRing Chain and Dirt Star Wheels which are OEM replacment wheels at half the cost. These Wheels are available through C&D Racing for $75/each and come Clear Anodized just like the OEM.

www.didchain.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Regina Chains announced they will be selling complete Chain and Sprocket Kits

www.reginausa.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Site Sponsor,T&T Racing (http://www.tandtracing.com), had one of their awesome looking 450R machines on display at the Streamline Performance Booth.

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Streamline Performance, Paul Riveria, was happy to show off their lastest innovation for ATVs, the Floating Rotor.

www.streamlinebrakes.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:58 AM
The Floating Rotor to the Right of Streamline's Standard Rotor is designed to be able to expand when the rotor heats up. A standard rotor is hard mounted to the brake hub which prevents it from naturally expanding when heated up from braking, but the Floating Rotor is partially suspended, so it can expand with out warping.

This new product is still in development, and should be available this summer.

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Sunstar Sprockets has a new self cleaning sprocket that is stamped so the teeth on the sprocket are staggered. It is currently only available for motorcycles, but an ATV version should be available soon.

I must say that it wasn't much to look at though for "Look", so even if it works awesome, I wonder how popular it will become.

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:37 AM
This photo demonstrates how the teeth on the sprocket are aligned.

www.sunstar.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Pro Armor had a nice corner booth at the show with some new products on display.

www.proarmor.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Pro Armor started out as a skid plate manufacturer, and produce enough armor to cover the entire underneath of your machine.

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:43 AM
One of their new products is a stock peg bolt on kickup attachment to help prevent your foot from slipping off the pegs without buying a new peg.

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Pro Armors Founder, Alex, was excited to introduce his new line of products for the trailer & machine shop.

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:47 AM
AC Racing's only new product is A-arm Plates

www.acracing.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Another Manufacturer, Pro Skids, is also entering the ATV Body Protection market with a complete line of skidplates.

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:51 AM
AXE Racing entered the skid plate market last year with their unique anodized coated plates that are foam lined to reduce the vibration and soften impacts to the frame.

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:52 AM
A closer view of AXE Racing Plates.

Admin
02-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Another new bumper coming out by Motorsports will have bolt on frame brackets which allow the bumpers to easily be swapped from one machine to the other by changing the brackets.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:01 AM
DG has produced skid plates for years, and they are now going to produce Stainless Steal Plates that are laser cut.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:04 AM
DG also has a new Nerf Bar with Kickup Pegs and heal guards

www.dgperf.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:06 AM
RIS Designs had some of their trick billet parts installed on this custom painted YFZ450

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:07 AM
RIS Banshee

www.risdesigns.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:20 AM
An Italian company,Polisport, has entered the ATV Fender market with their injection molded YFZ450 Fenders, which is an extremely expensive way to produce a plastic fender upfront because of the machinery required to run and produce the mold, but once the mold is produced, the cost per unit is extremely low.

the majority of aftermarket fender manufacturers use a vacuum and heat process to shape a flat piece of plastic into the fender design.

www.polisport.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Herrmann Racing showed off their Long Travel A-arms and Steering Stems

www.herrmannracing.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Herrmann Racing are releasing a YFZ450 Subframe to replace the stock Aluminum unit.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:24 AM
I was impressed by the seat covers at Verde Powersports. They also produce shock covers and soon Graphic Kits.

www.verdepowersports.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:41 AM
The Tireballs were a completely new product to the ATV Industry at this time last year, but now almost all the Top Pro Riders have them installed.

I have personally been using the Tireballs the past year, and they are well worth the intial expense because of the savings from not having to have a a larger pit crew, spare tires, and constantly replacing tires that still have plenty of tread.

For those that have come to know Rod Cooper over the past year, he is no longer with the company and will be missed. He informed me that he will miss seeing and will attend a few GNCC races close to home to keep in touch.

Wade Summers informed dealers about the benefits of Tireballs a the show.

www.tireballs.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:43 AM
I think this Screw Driver proved a point about the durablility and benefits of Tire Balls.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Kenda Tires had Ben Wrightsman's Green 450R on display.

www.kendausa.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Kenda newest tire is their Bear Claw EX with an aggressive tread pattern for the Utility machines.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Over at the Maxxis Booth, GNC MX Rider, Michelle Reiser, signed autographs for her fans.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Bill Ballance was also busy signing hats to give away to some of the early autograph seekers because they quickly ran out and he was back to signing posters.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Once Again, Four Stroke Tech had a machine on display.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Like I said earlier, I am still seeing Orange in my sleep.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Maxxis didn't have any new sports tires out for this years show, but I heard through the grapevine that we might be seeing a new MX tire in the near future.

Maxxis is now producing Wheels for the 4x4 market.

www.maxxis.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:54 AM
ITP Tires Booth

www.itptires.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Check out this custom Rhino that is one of only three machines produced. The Custom Yamaha Blue color isn't the only thing that sets this Rhino apart from stock form.

Admin
02-24-2005, 11:58 AM
It was equipped with ITP's new 14" Mud Lite XTR Radial Tires monted on ITP's new 14" C-Series Type 7 Wheels.

Mud Lite XTR Radial
*First Extreme Terrain RADIAL tire
*Super Agresive tread design features deep,angled, grooved lugs to archeive an exceptional level of traction
*Light Weight yet still 6 ply
*Available in 12” and 14” Diameters

C-Series Type 7
*14x7 and 12x7 Mid-2005)
*Lightweight 6 window design.
*Larger 14” design results in lower tire sidewall providing a new level of handling.
*Machine finished surface with gunmetal grey accents with a clear coat for long-lasting looks.

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Check out the Elka Shocks and winch installed

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:01 PM
ITP Also released its 12" Sand Star Tires and matching C-Series Wheel with a locking Beadlock. The "New" C-Lock Wheels will provide evernmore protection.

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:02 PM
The "New" T-9 Pro Lock Beadlocks available in Black and standard Polished finish with a newly designed outer beadlock ring.

T-9 Pro Lock Features
*1 lb lighter than the Previous Beadlock
*Front Pro-Lock Wheels utilize the GP intergrated rolled edge instead of the heavy welded design, which is lighter and provides more front end component clearance.
*New Stylish Outer Ring

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:03 PM
One of William Yokley XC machines was also on display mounted with HD front and rear tires on T-9 Wheels.

If you didn't know already, Suzuki's new color scheme for 2005 is White/blue instead of the Yellow we have come accustomed to seeing over the years.

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Suzuki had a LTZ400 on display showing off all the available Suzuki accessories that can be bolted on.

www.suzuki.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:08 PM
More than just the color is different from last year on Doug's new machines for 2005.

www.douggust.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Team Suzuki has switched to Walsh A-arms for 2005 and the Noleen Elka Shocks remain.

www.wrcracing.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Also, Walsh developed a totally new swingarm for Suzuki Team.

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:12 PM
The linkage System on the Walsh Swingarm looks nothing like Stock, and hopefully we will see an improved linkage system on the 06 machines.

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Doug Gust and Jeremiah Jones were kept busy signing Autographs

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:19 PM
I also ran into another new Suzuki rider, Shane Hitt. Once he returns to racing hopefully by Georgia, he will be on a LTZ400.

Shane missed most of the season and only raced a few TT events last season after breaking his ankle while practicing with Tim Farr in Florida at the beginning of the year.

He received his 2nd Surgery on his Ankle three weeks ago to remove around 13 pins and screws from his ankle (Ouch) which was an attempt to regain more mobility in his ankle. Normally the ankle has around 50 Degrees of motion, but Shane only has 30 Degrees and no up movement, so the latest surgery is suppose to help him get closer to 35-40 Degrees of motion and some up movement.

Shane can't wait to get back to racing, but he doesn't want to rush it either because he is looking to be healthy for the start of the TT Series and regain his Championship.

www.shanehitt.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Media Allstars Team Captain, Jorge Cuartas, had his slick 450R on Display.

www.atvnationals.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Team Kawasaki may have dropped its ATV Support and Mike Penland's Support, but he continues to run green this year in the GNCC Series.

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Doug Henke Dominated on his Vfoce last season with Team Green, and also will remain on a Kawasaki in the Utility Class with the support of Mickey Dunlap & Ramsey Winch

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Ramsey winch is now producing a light weight winch for the sport quads with a nylon strap for reduced weight.

I don't think Doug will have any excuses if he gets this beast stuck at any round of the series.

www.ramsey.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Bosski released their ATV Wagon with its hydraulic tilt bed.

www.atvwagon.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't think this High Lifter machine will have much trouble with ground clearance on the trails.

www.highlifter.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:47 PM
On a smaller scale, the show was full of new youth ATVs. I bet there were easily 50 different companies trying to sell very inexpensive youth ATVs and many didn't look like they would last very long, so I didn't bother taking photos.

The Kasea booth did catch my attention with Rich Hetrick explaining some of his products for the kasea Mini's

www.kasea.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Hetrick's Upper and Lower A-arms front end

Rich Hetrick's Decription of the A-arm Kit
“The building of the dual A-arm was kind of interesting and the general idea for it was that the single A-arm has a drastic chamber change and bumper steer issue. To fix the problem, we needed to produce an upper A-arm that would be bolt on, so it would be AMA legal. We made a mount that bolts onto the existing mounts and hold the A-arms, which reguired extensive R&D to make it all work. We also had to bolt on steering stems stops to control the amount of steering. The upper A-arm kit adds 4lbs of weight to the machine, and machine with PEP Shocks is up around 8.5” of wheel travel with no chamber change or bumper steer”

www.hetrickracing.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Modified Dinli 90cc Youth Quad

www.dinliusa.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Dinli Maximum RPM machine

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Classic Honda TRX90

www.hondaminitrail.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Classic Honda Engine

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Dual A-arm Kit

Admin
02-24-2005, 12:59 PM
This Loncin 110cc machine looked like a descent youth machine from machine from a quick glance.

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:00 PM
ATVriders.com Sticker Producer, Updog Industries announced they will be producing Graphic Kits.

www.updogindustries.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Western Power Sports and Fly Gear Booth

www.wps-inc.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Fly Racing released their Free Ride pants that are convertible into shorts by unzipping the lower leg

www.flyracing.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Four ATV apparel is the newest riding gear on the market and the gear is specifically made for ATV riding and not Motorcycles. The cut of the pants and the even the left and right gloves are different to account for the thumb throttle on ATVs.

www.fouratv.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Alpinestar Tech 10

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Motomask RV Liner

Admin
Oneal Mutiny Helmet

Hybrid Carbon Fiber and Kevlar Construction

Removable and washable Dupont CoolMax padded liner
4 Air Intake Ports
6 Rear Exhaust Vents

$399.95

Admin
Bell Moto-8

*Tri-weave construction –Carbon Fiber,Kevlar, and Fiberglass
*11 Air intake Ports
*Dri-lex Liner
*Three Shell Sizes available compared to two from most helmets
*5 Year Warranty

www.bellpowersports.com

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Bell Liner

Admin
One Helmets

“The Trooper” Flat white helmet

Starting at $299

www.onehelmets.com

Admin
M2R Helmets

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:34 PM
M2R Design

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Winnex Helmets

Their new helmets offer some flashy designs at an inexpensive price of less than $100.00

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Ray Martinez Explaining the Benefits of a Shok Spotr

Admin
Helmet Cutout was on display to show the damage that is caused inside the helmet that is not visible from the outside.

Admin
Closeup view of the damaged Helmet

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Pro Grip Goggles

The new goggle design incorporates a Roll-off System with Clear Canisters for easily viewing the amount of film available. Also, they added a Holeshot peg on the lens to hold a Tear-off over the Roll-off system for the start of the race.

Admin
Scott Booth

Admin
Scott Works System

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Scott Works System Lens

“The Works System is a system that utilizes one lens for tear-offs or roll-offs, which is done by having the tear-off pin and roll-off pin fastened directly to the lens, so they share the same mechanism.”

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:40 PM
$50,000 Raptor:eek:

Admin
02-24-2005, 01:41 PM
I will be updating the text with more information on many of the photos, but I wanted to get them all posted to open the thread for discussion and to allow others to add their own photos if they were at the show.

I hope you enjoyed the Indy Show Coverage :D

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-24-2005, 01:42 PM
that orange chromed out v-force is one of the best looking quads ive ever seen:eek2:

PIMP
02-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Admin
$50,000 Raptor:eek:

:eek2: :eek2: :eek:
$50,000!!???!?
dam what the hell does it have? a hemi? :p

tamehart
02-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Awesome coverage Harlen. I am really looking forward to some of these new products. I am really digging that ONE helmet.

TWISTED
02-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by PIMP
:eek2: :eek2: :eek:
$50,000!!???!?
dam what the hell does it have? a hemi? :p

That's Quinn Michaels quad. I saw it at Mt Morris in '03.You have to actually see it in person to believe it!!! He said he races TT with it but, I was having a hard time accepting that. Not a scratch on it anywhere!!!!

yoshz400rider
03-03-2005, 01:02 PM
hareln ur one post says on this V force as im sure u know that is not a v force is Doug racing the Brute this year or is he on a V force and that was just a picture of the brute

Admin
03-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by yoshz400rider
hareln ur one post says on this V force as im sure u know that is not a v force is Doug racing the Brute this year or is he on a V force and that was just a picture of the brute

The "t" isn't suppose to be in the post. It was to read "His". I fixed it

yoshz400rider
03-03-2005, 01:29 PM
which class is he running this year?

89'350RX
03-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Excellent coverage .... thanks

Pitbull450r
03-27-2005, 11:52 PM
He actully does race tt with it. There was a feature article in ATV Sport in 2003 about his Outta Control 2 Raptor. I have talked to him a few times being that Im from Stryker Ohio and he is from Bryan which is about 10mins apart. Outta Control was just as sick of a quad. Most of the money thats in the quad is because there is real gold plated parts and all the chrome. From what he tells me anyways. Just a little information on it. Peace

Punk'd
06-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Wish I have one of everything :D

PWR
06-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey this is Josh with PWR, I was just going over some of the posts, and I just happen to stumble across the post about IMS with PWR and Fluidyne radiators.

PWR goes out of its way to help and support ATV racing, we sponsor over 40 ATV race teams and riders. To prove that we do all we can to help out the racers and teams, PWR is now giving any rider or team that faxes us a copy of there AMA card and riding resume, we will give them ATV radiators at $250 a piece. For more Information contact Brandon at 1-877-656-9256.

BFELIX
06-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Admin
RIS Banshee

www.risdesigns.com

that's nop italian, its made in my country..Portugal....:ermm:

BFELIX
06-22-2005, 08:47 AM
i want to say in the last post that...the information of Polisport produts it's not right...

Polisport is a Portuguese company, where i'm from...not italian!!!:ermm:

FTR 8X
06-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Hey PWR orderd a IMS radiator yesterday afternoon for my Z 455 for $359 from ROCKY MOUNTAIN . Then saw your post today , as they say a day late an a $100 lost. Or something like that. I hate when that happens....:mad:

hondarider2500
08-24-2005, 08:24 PM

yoshz400rider
09-20-2005, 08:50 PM
thas awesome when I get my 450 im faxing my resume and AMA card

yoshz400rider
09-20-2005, 08:51 PM
I got one on my Z440 from IMS because I was sponsored by them this year.