PDA

View Full Version : Losing my job

zephead400ex
02-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, we were just informed that our company is being bought out by another ISP and we are losing our jobs. There will be a 2-4 week transistion as the new company takes over. After that we will be paid 4 weeks of severence pay.

This really sucks! I just moved to a new place. I just bought a new truck in July, thankfully my quad is almost paid for. I am losing my great insurance. I file seperate from my parents so my parents can't claim me on their insurance.

Damn, this sucks....I dunno what else to say!

As of last week I quit drinking, but I need a beer or 30.

Anyone have any work to be done?

FourFiftyFour
02-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Well, we were just informed that our company is being bought out by another ISP and we are losing our jobs. There will be a 2-4 week transistion as the new company takes over. After that we will be paid 4 weeks of severence pay.

This really sucks! I just moved to a new place. I just bought a new truck in July, thankfully my quad is almost paid for. I am losing my great insurance. I file seperate from my parents so my parents can't claim me on their insurance.

Damn, this sucks....I dunno what else to say!

As of last week I quit drinking, but I need a beer or 30.

Anyone have any work to be done?

preston- that really sux! One of my mottos is, things happen for a reason... and sometimes it really blows, but then something great comes along and then you know why everything happened. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

insaneracin2003
02-22-2005, 02:46 PM
if you lived in houston or near,i can put ya to work.....sorry to hear that man

bansheeguy77
02-22-2005, 02:47 PM
dam bro that sucks. my grandma is looking for a young love slave....i will let her know your interested :scary:

FourFiftyFour
02-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
if you lived in houston or near,i can put ya to work...

who would wanna move to houston area? bleh! i wanna get outta here...lol

zephead400ex
02-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
dam bro that sucks. my grandma is looking for a young love slave....i will let her know your interested :scary:

Male whore vs. unemployed...what's your grandma's #?

DeerNuts
02-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Sorry about losing your job man.
Are you the one that has the band that just got signed to a record deal? If you are, best of luck to you man in the future.

zephead400ex
02-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
Sorry about losing your job man.
Are you the one that has the band that just got signed to a record deal? If you are, best of luck to you man in the future.

Nope it's not me, but my buddies band just signed to record deal. Maybe I can be a roadie!(?) No, I couldn't be that.
Maybe I can get paid for doctors to do testing on my liver...http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/all_coholic.gif

DeerNuts
02-22-2005, 03:31 PM
LMAO.

Hey maybe your buddy can help you out if you need it. You can be his manager or something.;)

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Damn Preston ... thats rough bro . Keep your head up ... I'm sure you'll find another job in your field ... but in the meantime , try and find something else ... any income is better than no income . It'll all work out for ya ...

honduh440
02-22-2005, 03:37 PM
im guessing boeing?

i lost my job due to them closing down "mci in wichita" i got unemployment for about 4 months which was the best thing ive ever done in my life and then i found a job that actually pays more then i had but now i have no insurence because this job doesnt provide it

allmixedup047
02-22-2005, 03:43 PM
damn preston that sucks dude.

i just quit my job a week ago and im looking for a new one now. you need to move up here to kc.

YOU QUIT DRINKING???:eek:

zephead400ex
02-22-2005, 03:49 PM
honduh: No, not Boeing related, but my dad will probably lose his job. He works for maintence at Boeing, making hydralic hoses and is the only guy that takes care of all the sprinkler systems out there. He's worked there for 24 years and will probably lose his job come this summer.

Chris, yep, I quit drinking. I recognized it was getting a little out of hand so I put a stop to that. I have a lot of crap happen the past few months, this is just iceing!

Greg, thanks for the words bro!

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 03:56 PM
If it gets to a point where you can't find anything , let me know .... I can hook you up with a job here in Canada . :blah:

Jackie
02-22-2005, 03:58 PM
hey no one but yourself is going to get you a job
try monster.com and be ready to maybe relocate
good luck

Bush0102
02-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Well apparently you work for an ISP, and thats probably a good thing considering the Internet/computing industry is pretty big- i'm guessing you wont have too much of a hard time finding a new job.

However, losing benefits and having to maybe leave a place you've just settled down in sucks. Maybe this is a good time to take a little vacation if you have some money- clear your head and get a game plan going for your next job- maybe you'll even consider finding a new career or stumble on an awesome job offer...you never know! Just hang in there, and remember- you're out of a job now, so that beer tonight better be cheap!

allmixedup047
02-22-2005, 04:30 PM
i sure wish you could go to the dunes next month with us. its not going to be the same without ya.

well i think you will find a new job pretty quick, at least you will have some severance pay.

im pretty sure i have a new job working for foot locker and i might be moving out that way if the job makes me.

sly400ex
02-22-2005, 10:19 PM
I lost my job about a year and a half ago. I was in IT also, I have numerous certs and several years of experience, yet I was never able to find a good job like I had. So I decided to switch careers. I went to school for HVAC. It seems like a stable field, but a far cry from what I was making though.

Keep you're head bro, and stay positive!!!!:)

Zingnut
02-23-2005, 08:34 AM
What is your area of expertise/qualifications I can maybe get you some side work if you live in Wichita. I have two ISP pops that are in KS, one in Wichita and one in Hutchinson. Not sure if I can make this work but I can sure push it up to my director.

~Jeff

catch22blaster
02-23-2005, 08:41 AM
sorry to hear that dude

PHAT400
02-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Male whore vs. unemployed...what's your grandma's #?

I believe the correct terminology is
" MAN WHORE"

:devil:

"STEAK!!! DID SOMEBODY SAY STEAK?"

Work yo MAN-GINA baby..