PDA

View Full Version : How does Harlen do it?

MXBlaster23
02-22-2005, 02:12 PM
This website has really taken off in the past two years. I run a smaller quad racing website and I spend enough time on it and its not nearly the size of this one. It seems like some how Harlen manages to be at all the ATV events happening in the US. How does he do it, does he actually cover each event homself? Does he just fly out from home to the event and back home and does this for each one? If he does this does he still have a job or is the website his job now? I'm just amazed at how he can get all the events covered with pictures and captions. That takes ALOT of time and effort.

Flynbryan19
02-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Harlen is the product of a government funded program for the latest research in human cloning...... The person you refer to as "Harlen" is actually H0001.

The Harlen that covers MX is H0002

XC is covered by H0003

Dealer events and shows are covered by H0004

And finally the rider that rides in the stock class for team suzuki is
the latest version of the "Harlen" known as HS0001. This Harlen model is a high maintnance/performance Harlen and will be replaced halfway through the season with Harlen model known as HS002 so as to not have any Harlen failures halfway through the season.

:blah: :devil:

FourFiftyFour
02-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Harlen does work very hard for this site! He has done a really good job in making it more than "just a forum"

for events and coverage, he has certain members help cover events when he cant make it to them. For instance, I did the coverage for the Pro Quads event in Houston.

Ralph
02-22-2005, 03:40 PM
i heard he isnt even real:eek:

MXBlaster23
02-22-2005, 03:42 PM
So it's kind of like a Santa Clause and Easter Bunny thing. Travels the world in a night.

Ralph
02-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by MXBlaster23
So it's kind of like a Santa Clause and Easter Bunny thing. Travels the world in a night.

sssshhhhhhh!:o

Pappy
02-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
"Harlen" is actually H0001.

i read that too fast and i could have swore it said homo:devil:

Guy400
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
He pays the mods in new quads:eek2: :eek:

Admin
02-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Harlen is the product of a government funded program for the latest research in human cloning...... The person you refer to as "Harlen" is actually H0001.

The Harlen that covers MX is H0002

XC is covered by H0003

Dealer events and shows are covered by H0004

And finally the rider that rides in the stock class for team suzuki is
the latest version of the "Harlen" known as HS0001. This Harlen model is a high maintnance/performance Harlen and will be replaced halfway through the season with Harlen model known as HS002 so as to not have any Harlen failures halfway through the season.

:blah: :devil:

The secret is out, and the government will probably dismantle the program and sell it to China.

I actually have easily traveled over 10,000 miles the past month covering events around the country and still manage to work a full time job. I sleep occassionally, and luckily for everyone, I am a very hyper person.

Also, I do have several members that are helping me keeps things going because I figured out that I can't be in two states at once, and without them, the coverage wouldn't be half of what it is today.

It is great to see that some members realize the work that I and others put into the site.

Thanks
Harlen

PS (Back to the Indy Show Coverage that everyone is waiting on :) )

450 Racer R
02-22-2005, 04:41 PM
yeah man, you do a good job keeping this site up and running. Keep up the good work. :macho

Ralph
02-22-2005, 05:48 PM
k the truth is out, im H0007

MXBlaster23
02-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Harlen, you have to fly to all those events right? I'll tell you what I'm amazed on how fast you update the website after an event. Resizing, processing and picking out the good photos can take a while. How do you stay connected to the internet while doing your live updates from the race tracks?

trict_out
02-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Hats off to Harlen. :D

Admin
02-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by MXBlaster23
Harlen, you have to fly to all those events right? I'll tell you what I'm amazed on how fast you update the website after an event. Resizing, processing and picking out the good photos can take a while. How do you stay connected to the internet while doing your live updates from the race tracks?

I fly to most of the events over the winter and drive to them in the rest of the year. Yes, I do spend alot of time working on the site, but I have become very efficient over the year.

As for updates, I have the technology, and I am acquiring some even better technology in the near future, but I can't say much more because of all the imitators.

Flynbryan19
02-23-2005, 04:47 AM
Glad you give us such a great site Harlen. Thanks. :)