PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a YZF 450 now what tye of tires?

Snow Shark
02-22-2005, 02:03 PM
I need to some help on buying the right set of Sand tires. What size and kind to you have on your Quads? I have a set of Sand Gecko tires and Douglas wheels for my wifes Quad, they seem to be ok. Thanks for your help

400grl
02-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I would go with Sandstars on ITP or Douglas rims if you can......or Sandsharks....either of those tires should work better than the Gecko's do........if you can afford it, Skat Traks are awesome! :)

Jekyl_22
02-23-2005, 11:59 AM
I've only tried the ITP Haulers on my YFZ, but they worked very well for me.

I've never actually tried any V-Blades... but the purpose of these are to make truning easier. I've never had any problems turning wiht the straight paddles... just lean up by your gas tank and you can whip your quad around as fast as you want. It just takes the right combo of throttle (usually pin it :) ) and the right amount of body english.

Shocka400ex
02-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I would deffinatly go with the ITP sand stars on ITP wheels or at least black lable douglas wheels. I made the mistake of getting 8 inch wheels and have popped the tire off the bead on two trips. You may want to get 9 or 10inch to avoid tire roll. Remember, these things have awesome tork!

Snow Shark
02-28-2005, 01:48 PM
I just got the sand stars delivered to my front door today. Thanks for the help.