PDA

View Full Version : howto put 250r hood on300ex

Quinton Turner
02-22-2005, 01:41 PM
I know that there has been alot of people askin about this but can someone explain with detail how to put a 250r hood on a 300ex. Me and my dad don't understand

hondaguy2
02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
I have some directions they are from drifterx they are really good detailed here they are:
All you need to do it is the 88-89 Maier 250r stock style hood, i got mine from rockymountanatv.com. You have to take the stock headlight off to relocate it, and you have to take the plastic off it and handlebar plastic off. After that, you go up from underneith the stock hood, and unbolt it, there's a few bolts by the steering stem too. Now that the hood is off, you need to cut about a 4-5 inch section off the front of the plastic, right in front of the steering stem, so the headlight will clear. Then, i found it easier to mount the headlight first, you can use the stock mounting screws that were on the headlight, i used a few washers too for some more security, then just drill some holes in the inside edges of the fenders, and mount the hood on on them with the hardware maier gives you, and your set! I did cut the back mounting tabs off of the maier hood, and just mounted it right under the headlight, but thats optional. It looks pretty good i think, its not a hard mod.

By the way THANK YOU Drifterx directions helped me a ton. i got the hood on my 300ex i will get pictures and send some to you and get some on here. THANK YOU again Drifterx, if u have ne questions i would think u could pm him about how to do it.

atvking123
02-22-2005, 02:40 PM
will the hood fit on maier plastic?

hondaguy2
02-22-2005, 03:46 PM
pretty sure but i think ur gonna have to do alot more cutting than having stock plastics cause the stock plastic has a removable section in the front and i dont think the maier plastic does. it probably would work thouyghjust a little bit more trimming.

300exPat
02-22-2005, 05:13 PM
with maier plastics you may be able to get away with bolting it right on and just cuting a little of the maier hood so the headlight can fit, if you get a vented 250r hood you may be able to do it without cutting at all