PDA

View Full Version : HMF exaust for 250ex

bigryan09
02-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi, this is my first post here. You all have a really cool board here. I was just wondering if the HMF full exhaust for the 250ex will add any power. I was also wondering how quiet it actually is when you bolt on the "quick change quiet core." I ride alot for fun, but also use my quad for turkey hunting, so it needs to be quiet at times too. Also, what jets will i need to put in after replaceing the full exaust?

thanks

sprtrx300ex
02-22-2005, 06:35 PM
I can answer some of your questions.

The pipe definitly will give your better thrttle response, a little quicker acceleration, and maybe a little higher top speed. All of this will only happen if you jet it properly. I dont know what size jets to run in a 250ex.

As far as it being loud, its deffinitly louder than stock. The quiet core will help some, but it will still be louder than stock, so, I dont think its a great idea for turkey hunting.

For the most part, all aftermarket pipes will be louder. They are designed for more power, and that design is what makes them louder. Pipes that are supposably "quiet" ( FMF Q etc) probably dont offer the same power as an HMF.

Good Luck

bigryan09
02-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the response. What I was hopping for is a loud performance pipe that would give more power, that had a silencer you could bolt on, wich would quiet it down close to stock. (so basically a power gain, but not when i have the "quickly removable silencer" in)

Oh well I'll just stay stock

RideRed250ex
02-22-2005, 09:02 PM
you prolly won't go turkey hunting and play riding all in the same day. take 15 minutes the night before you go turkey and switch your HMF with the stocker. and when you go play riding do the opposite.

Welcome to the sight!

bigryan09
02-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Yeha that would probably work. But If i rejet it for the new pipe, wouldnt I have to rejet each time I put the factory pipe back on?

sprtrx300ex
02-23-2005, 04:18 AM
Yes you have to rejet for a pipe. Depending how far from stock the jetting is, your bike might not run right or even run at all with the stocker.