PDA

View Full Version : Moving Out !!! :D

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Well it looks like I'm finally going to be leaving home and getting an apartment . A girl I met that goes to University here in town is looking for a roomate , or else she has to move back out of town for the summer . And I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to finally leave the nest and start life on my own .

It was a tough decision , but I finally made up my mind about it the other day . We'll be finding a 2 bedroom apartment to move into for the First of May because her current lease expires April 31st . I couldn't be happier . :D

The only crappy part about all of this , is that I've been thinking about selling my YFZ . I won't have a place to store it , and chances are I'll never be able to race in the future . I was thinking of selling it and pay off my loan , or maybe buy myself a 4x4 . What do you guys think ??

Moto92
02-22-2005, 11:48 AM
careful dude, living with a girl sounds more fun than it really is...Ive tried

Bush0102
02-22-2005, 11:48 AM
1. Dont sell YFZ
2. Move in with hot chick
3. Post pictures of hot chick
4. profit?

Mxjunkie
02-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
careful dude, living with a girl sounds more fun than it really is...Ive tried

yeah listen to this guy lol you have pms to deal with and all sorts of things

honduh440
02-22-2005, 11:51 AM
either way ya go is really a positive but if i was in ur situation id stay home for the summer and focus on paying off the loan then move out in the fall/winter theirfor u still have your quad a new place and no quad payments

im in the same situation trying to move out to a apartment but i wont have anywhere to put my quad but i did some searching around at starages and found a really good one that has a security building that has someone in it 24 hours so i can trust that you might wanna call around and check

JDiablo
02-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
1. Dont sell YFZ
4. profit?

:devil: i couldnt have said it any better

RideRed250ex
02-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Keep your quad at the nest and live with the girl.

JDiablo
02-22-2005, 11:56 AM
is the chick hot??:cool:

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Well I know I'd be able to live with this girl cuz the both of us are so much alike .... it's scary how much we have in common .

The reason I'd sell the YFZ , is because chances are I'll never really be able to do what I had intentions to do with it . Like I said ... I would probably pay off my loan ( save me $220 a month) or trade in for a 4x4 quad . As far as pictures , I do have a couple of her , but I don't know if she would want me posting them on here , so Bush PM me with your email addy . ;) She is pretty hot also . :p There are benefits to moving out ... Id be 2 minutes away from work .. close to everything ( right now I live 20 minutes out of the city) ... and well she's an awesome girl . :D

JDiablo
02-22-2005, 12:04 PM
sounds like a plan,well if you do trade in your yfz-sell the aftermarkets and put the stock crap back on then get a niec king quad or something :devil: can i get those pix to?:chinese:

zephead400ex
02-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Right on man! Finding someone that you enjoy the company of and feel like you can live with, that's awesome! Props to you my friend!

Now, selling the YFZ; granted it's fun as hell, but, life hands you things in which turn out to be more important than quads and the like. Do what you can financially to keep yourself (and your new girl:D) stable.

http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/cheers.gif to you, your new place, and your new girl!

Edit: BTW Greg, I need to see pics of this girl: pbryant @ keycreations.com :devil:

bansheeguy77
02-22-2005, 12:13 PM
sounds good man. is there benefits included in becoming roomates with her? and about the yfz if you want to sell it i will buy it, just give me a price :scary:

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Right on man! Finding someone that you enjoy the company of and feel like you can live with, that's awesome! Props to you my friend!

Now, selling the YFZ; granted it's fun as hell, but, life hands you things in which turn out to be more important than quads and the like. Do what you can financially to keep yourself (and your new girl:D) stable.

http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/cheers.gif to you, your new place, and your new girl!

Edit: BTW Greg, I need to see pics of this girl: pbryant @ keycreations.com :devil:

Thanks bro .... and you're right ... you sometimes do what you gotta do . I'll make a decision about the quad sooner or later . For now I can keep the quad here at the house , but my parents ahve plans on selling and moving to our new cottage as soon as I'm out of here . Maybe my grandmother will let me put up a shed in her backyard ?? LOL

JDiablo
02-22-2005, 12:20 PM
good luck bro,hope you have many sleepless nites with her too:D now....pix to devilsfan12@aol.com thanks :macho

Flynbryan19
02-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Make sure your name is NOT on the lease. If it is you are then partially held responsibile for the cost even if you no longer live there. Also, things maybe well and great, but if you decide later you can't stand this girl, or you end up dating/sleeping with her and break it off it makes things VERY uncomfortable living with above said person everyday. Same thing with her. If she ditches you and starts bringing other guys over to the house it can only start drama.

My best friend moved in with two girls alittle over two years ago and all was fine until he slept with them and then ditched them for someone else. His name was on the lease/loan and he could not leave. It took him months to get them kicked out of the house and by the time he did the house was trashed.

As for the quad....... Don't do it. Your gonna want it again and you've just spent a fair amount of money on it. When I went to college to live on campus I sold my dirtbike, trailer, and all my gear cause I thought I wouldn't ride anymore........ Yeah........ a year later I bought a new bike and gear but am still trailerless. Kick myself VERY often for this. If you REALLY have your heart set on selling the quad atleast wait a few months before doing so to MAKE SURE its what you want to do. Not trying to be the pesimist, just giving experince from seeing and living what can happen first hand. ;)

catch22blaster
02-22-2005, 12:48 PM
congraulations

K_Fulk
02-22-2005, 01:08 PM
If it were me I would just stay at home and save some money till you can buy your own house. No reason to throw money away. At least with a house payment, if you decide to move later you can get some money back out of it.

I wouldn't suggest living with the girl either. Just gotta trust me on this.

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Thnaks for all the advice guys ... I'll take it all into consideration .... but I'm gunna be moving in with her . :) Might have to learn the hard way ... but it's a chance I'm willing to take . I'm more than positive everything is going to work out with her .

SuzukiGirl64
02-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Girls aren't the only ones that cause drama and pain with the whole moving in together thing. My bf and I just got burned because we bought a house with one of his friends. His friend didn't pay anything on the house and we've been dumping each and every paycheck into it. Now we can't afford it and it may be foreclosed on and he's going to end up getting $$$ from the sale even though he didn't do a DAMN THING. I say at least it's off my credit and we can race and ride more.

Just be really careful who you trust when it comes down to things...

GOOD LUCK! :D

wilkin250r
02-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Moving in with a girl is either the best decision you'll ever make in your life, or the worst. It's never 'middle of the road'. It's always one extreme or the other. Now, which extreme you'll end up with is really up in the air.

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Moving in with a girl is either the best decision you'll ever make in your life, or the worst. It's never 'middle of the road'. It's always one extreme or the other. Now, which extreme you'll end up with is really up in the air.

Hopefully I end up on the smooth flat road . I'm confident that I'm making the right decision ... and my parents are all for it also. :)

DeerNuts
02-22-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm sure your parents are all for it;)

AtvMxRider
02-22-2005, 06:34 PM
I want pitures of this girl damn it:grr:

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Jerry ... I'll hook you up through MSN

AtvMxRider
02-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Jerry ... I'll hook you up through MSN

Damn I'd hit it

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Damn I'd hit it

LOL . :blah: :devil: You know it's gotta be good when Jerry would hit it ... man's got class !!!!

TCracin440ex
02-22-2005, 06:56 PM
yes greg id like pics too...but i wouldnt sell the quad bro...ive always said that 2 people are exactly alike are like 2 north ends of a magnet they repell against eachother...just my theory??

02-22-2005, 07:07 PM
mind if i call u greg??

hehe well didnt u already had a girl??:ermm:

maybe its ok to move with that girl, you will get some experience and maybe try to guess how is it goin to be when you move with some other girl(i mean with a serious relationship)

haha :confused: well!

JDiablo
02-22-2005, 10:15 PM
ahh well looks like greg dont like me,i dont see any mail from him:(

spud400ex
02-22-2005, 10:46 PM
its all up to you and dont jus start thinking with you other head about her

hey greg hit me up on msn quadmaster_500@hotmail.com with teh pics

SGA
02-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Good luck Greg!
Move in with her, it will teach you ALOT about women, some good some bad. Hang on to the quad a while longer.

Quad18star
02-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Good luck Greg!
Move in with her, it will teach you ALOT about women, some good some bad. Hang on to the quad a while longer.

Thanks Howie ... Oh I'm sure it'll have some ups and some downs to it .... but we'll work things through . It'll be a learning experience and I'm sure I'll learn lots .

02-22-2005, 11:25 PM
hey dude, i hope u learn something, and DON'T sell ur quad, u've been waitin a long tie ride ur quad again.... at least ride it one more time.

FourFiftyFour
02-22-2005, 11:38 PM
selling your quad = a big no no!

or you can just give it to me :D

02-22-2005, 11:41 PM
or me :D

02-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Sell your quad, get married, get a job as a tech supervisor, and come home every day and discuss over dinner how the copier line is always too long at work.

FourFiftyFour
02-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
Sell your quad, get married, get a job as a tech supervisor, and come home every day and discuss over dinner how the copier line is always too long at work.

or just pull an "office space" and do absolutely nothing :D :D :D lmao

02-22-2005, 11:44 PM
haha ^^^^^^

dude, just dont sell quad.

JDiablo
02-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
or just pull an "office space" and do absolutely nothing :D :D :D lmao

i liked that movie,very good

tamehart
02-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Moving in with a girl ends up to be what everyone says it will be. I moved in with my girlfriend that I had for years. Think we would have grown closer, nope, total opposite. I ended up losing site of a lot of things during that time, including almost selling my quads. My best advice is to give it a try, more than just a month. But don't change your life before you make your final decision. Having a quad isn't all about racing, its just something you love to do. When living with her, don't focus on the little things that go wrong, look at the big picture. It doesn't matter if you get in a fight one day, it matters whether she makes you happy. I hope my faults can help someone else along.

Best of luck.

Quad18star
02-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by tamehart
Moving in with a girl ends up to be what everyone says it will be. I moved in with my girlfriend that I had for years. Think we would have grown closer, nope, total opposite. I ended up losing site of a lot of things during that time, including almost selling my quads. My best advice is to give it a try, more than just a month. But don't change your life before you make your final decision. Having a quad isn't all about racing, its just something you love to do. When living with her, don't focus on the little things that go wrong, look at the big picture. It doesn't matter if you get in a fight one day, it matters whether she makes you happy. I hope my faults can help someone else along.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the words of advice .... it really helps !!!!

It looks like I'm gunna need to build or buy a shed .... as of May 1st , my parents are putting the house up for sale ( signs going up as soon as I leave the driveway LOL ... geez thanks Mom and Dad ;) ) . My grandparents told me that if I get a shed , I can put behind their home and keep my Yamaha there . Now I gotta dish out more than $1000 to buy a shed !!!! Great thing about moving , is that over the years I've gathered and bought furniture , and the girl I'm moving in with already has a lot of furniture .... no expensive will have to be dished out for that .

02-23-2005, 12:30 PM
hey, but she isnt ur girlfriend right???:ermm:

i thought it was just ur friend... i think that everyone's starting to think that ur moving in with ur girl. im confused

oldschool
02-23-2005, 12:44 PM
1) HIT IT
2) QUIT IT
3) MAKE SURE YOU VIDEO TAPE IT
4) NEXT GIRL

AND SO ON..............REPEAT STEPS 1-4 AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.

QuadRacer041
02-24-2005, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
1. Dont sell YFZ
4. profit?

thats f'n funny as hell, thats what i would do, lol

Quad18star
02-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by tony_jackass
hey, but she isnt ur girlfriend right???:ermm:

i thought it was just ur friend... i think that everyone's starting to think that ur moving in with ur girl. im confused

We're not going out yet .... I guess you can say we're starting to see eachother though . Taking things at a slow pace ... I don't rush into these kinds of things .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) HIT IT
2) QUIT IT
3) MAKE SURE YOU VIDEO TAPE IT
4) NEXT GIRL

AND SO ON..............REPEAT STEPS 1-4 AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.

^^^^
Not my style !!!!

wilkin250r
02-24-2005, 02:18 PM
We're not going out yet .... I guess you can say we're starting to see eachother though . Taking things at a slow pace ... I don't rush into these kinds of things .

:huh :huh :huh

You two aren't going out yet. You don't rush into these kinds of things, but YOU'RE MOVING IN TOGETHER?

Not exactly my idea of a "slow pace".

Quad18star
02-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
:huh :huh :huh

You two aren't going out yet. You don't rush into these kinds of things, but YOU'RE MOVING IN TOGETHER?

Not exactly my idea of a "slow pace".

LMAO .... I'm moving in cuz she needs a roomate .... reason why it's going to be a 2 bedroom apartment . If she didn't find a roomate , she wouldn't be able to stay here in town this summer , and would have had to pack all her stuff and move back home for 3 months ... then pack it all up again to move back to town here and go to University .

Now with me moving in with her , she can afford to stay here in town and work ... which is what she wants to do instead of moving back home . Now I'm not just moving in with her because of this reason also .... I'm 22 and it's time to move out ... my parents want to sell the house and move to our cottage ( which was the plan until I got hurt ... I was supposed to move out last September) . The area I'll be living in is litterally a 2 minute drive to work for me , instead of the 25 - 45 minute drive to work each day .It's going to really cut down on my gas bill ($40 a week) and save me a lot of milage on my car . Having a roomate will also help cut down the cost of the bills .... we're splitting it 50/50 ... right down the middle. She had asked me to move in with her even before we became interested in eachother ... now it's just a bonus that we both enjoy eachother's company ... I've never met another person I've has so much in common with !!!

ballisticpb
02-24-2005, 03:14 PM
It's going to really cut down on my gas bill ($40 a week)

man i wish i only spent $40 a week on gas..

good luck and dont sell the quad its not worth it.

Quad18star
02-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ballisticpb
man i wish i only spent $40 a week on gas..

good luck and dont sell the quad its not worth it.

LOL ... I drive a Sunfire .... these things are supposed to get 40 miles to the gallon .... WRONG !!!!:grr: