PDA

View Full Version : my bike dont startttt??

Brooklynfinest
02-22-2005, 10:43 AM
has not been started in about 5-more months and theres like crystal/rocks in my gas tank i dont know how they got there also were the clutch lever is theres to wires a green one and green and yellow and one plug which do i plug in i will take pics this weekend

rYan01400EX
02-22-2005, 09:07 PM
It might just be a good idear to take that tank off and drain it. Also, while at it, take the carb bowl off and make sure there isn't anything in it (Dirts, crystal/rocks[Haha], etc.) Spray some carb cleaner in and put it back together and give her a crank. If the bike turns over but still fails to start, check things like the spark plug. Wish you the best of luck.

Brooklynfinest
02-24-2005, 09:13 AM
thanks

the bike was stolen from me and the insurence company found it and i had to go pick it up in pa and when i got it the bike was doggggggggged :grr: :grr: :grr: so im going crazy thinking what wrong with it but im gonna do as U said thanks buddy

ny300exrider
02-24-2005, 09:41 AM
yeah id say do what the guy above said, make sure to drain the tank and run nice clean gas, take off the carb and make sure nothing is stuck or clogged, make sure all the gas lines work and get a new plug. Also i would definitly change the oil, you never know how it was maintened.

By the way, how is it riding quads in brooklyn, must be pretty crazy. Im on Long Island but ive been into the city to hang out alot and never thought about riding quads around there. Do you just ride the streets or is there places you can go.

Brooklynfinest
02-24-2005, 09:47 AM
i only have the bike in brooklyn when it snows but i ushally keep it in my house in upstate i got some land and my NEIGHBOR has like 100* acers and hes never there and theres sick trails in it

as for drain the gas i went out to try to drain it and some gas came out but the rocks are stuck in there should i just buy a new gas tank of like how can i get the rocks out ???

rYan01400EX
02-24-2005, 02:10 PM
The rocks are stuck in the tank? Simply remove the tank from the bike all together. When you get it off remove the gas cap and turn the tank upside down and shake it a few times. This should get a good bit of them out. Run some water through it and shake it again to insure that they are all out. Then let the tank dry THOUROUGHLY. Don't put it back on and run gas through until it dries or your bike won't run right at all.

RideRed250ex
02-24-2005, 08:01 PM
A gas tank has like a tube that runs from the opening of the refill hole down a couple inches so simply flipping the tank over won't get ALL of it out.(though it will get some) I think the best way to drain it is unscrew the petcock valve off of the bottom of the tank and then flush it out with some water. Make sure you dry it really good before putting it back on. I think there is that white tape that you wrap around the threads on that peice. I would replace it with some new just to keep from any gas leaks. I would make sure that you clean the carb out good "crystals" prolly would be the best for the carb or the engine. I know it's a little bit of work but it beats a blown motor.

Hope the idiots that stole it didn't beat it up too bad!

RideRed250ex
02-24-2005, 08:26 PM
I just realize that you have a bike not a quad... hints the title ehh? I'm not sure if what I said up there ^ is the same on a quad as it is on a bike so that could be wrong...:confused:

Brooklynfinest
02-24-2005, 09:03 PM
w.e dude its a quad 400ex

rYan01400EX
02-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by RideRed250ex
A gas tank has like a tube that runs from the opening of the refill hole down a couple inches so simply flipping the tank over won't get ALL of it out.(though it will get some) I think the best way to drain it is unscrew the petcock valve off of the bottom of the tank and then flush it out with some water. Make sure you dry it really good before putting it back on. I think there is that white tape that you wrap around the threads on that peice. I would replace it with some new just to keep from any gas leaks. I would make sure that you clean the carb out good "crystals" prolly would be the best for the carb or the engine. I know it's a little bit of work but it beats a blown motor.

Hope the idiots that stole it didn't beat it up too bad!

The white tape is called Teflon tape. Found at a local hardware store or even Wal-Mart has it I believe.