PDA

View Full Version : Works shocks

HFMex1
02-22-2005, 08:29 AM
I'm thinking about buying some aftermarket shocks and was wondering how the works shocks would perform. I'm probably considering the triple rate shocks either with or with out the rezzies. I'm riding an 2002 400EX with some stuff done to it.

How do these compare to stock?
Will I notice a big difference?
Are extended A-arms a must?

How about to other shock manufacturers?- the $500 Dollar Elkas
Do they hold up to abuse? I ride eastern PA so there are tons of rocks and ditches, coal dust, ect. And finally are they worth it?

Thanks a lot guys.
:)

bradley300
02-22-2005, 10:07 AM
the more expensive shocks are definatly worth it! they are tuned to smaller tolerances than the cheaper works, they should work better in every area. works are also 100 times better than stock shocks, but elka/axis are 100 times better than works. you wot need extended a-arms either.

02-22-2005, 12:48 PM
if you race then get the better shocks..if you just ride and are short on cash then get the regular works...they were awesome on my old 2k2 400ex.

Cody_300ex
02-22-2005, 04:30 PM
I bought my works used but they were deffinatly worth the 190 bucks I spent on them. One of the best mods yet. Mine are 400ex tripples w/o ressies. :)

Kurt Glore
02-22-2005, 04:49 PM
I have works triples with rezzies on my 400EX and I race XC. I must say they are a huge improvement over stock, and you buy what you can when you can. However, if I had it to do all over again, I would have saved up a little more and got Elka or Axis. I have rode 400's with Elka and Axis, and they are set up much better than my works. Be patient, remember, suspension is one component where money shouldn't be spared.

zlam27
02-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
I bought my works used but they were deffinatly worth the 190 bucks I spent on them. One of the best mods yet. Mine are 400ex tripples w/o ressies. :)

i just bought a set of works triple rates w/o rezzies for $190 shipped also. what condition were yours in? the ones i bought were in pretty good condition. i just got them yesterday, i cant wait for the weather to cooperate so i can go try em out.

zach